Magesty leaving Miami today

We got off the Majesty today, they are planning to sail to Freeport today at 2 PM.

I am thinking that you are mentioning this because they are going to Freeport for drydock and some refurbishing as was scheduled. Thanks for letting us know that it is going as planned and no more surprises.

Glad Enchantment is coming, though. Looking forward to that!

No..no...no..no! You can't have her!! We want her to stay!! :eek:

Majesty is not even close to being a good replacement. :mad:

We will miss Enchantment and her great crew. Really sad to see her

leave us. :(

I feel the same way, I'll miss Enchantment in PC.

I feel the same way, I'll miss Enchantment in PC.

Add me to the list. I think its a huge step backward .. and a big slap in the face to Port Canaveral.

As much as I do like Enchantment, some of the posts from folks upset that Majesty is going to Port Canaveral make me giggle a bit. 3 years ago when Monarch was leaving, people were upset to get Enchantment... Now when the sister ship to Monarch is coming, people are upset Enchantment is leaving.

Again, I agree that Enchantment is a nicer ship than Majesty or Monarch.. However, it is bringing back memories of April 2013 when Enchantment came to Port Canaveral.

Being from up north I can travel to either port.. However I do like Port Canaveral much better, and have traveled Enchantment a lot prior to Port Canaveral when it was doing the Long Cruises out of Baltimore, so I do see why folks are unhappy as Enchantment has become one of my favorite ships over the years of the 9-12 day cruises out of BWI, especially after being told Rhapsody (Similar to Enchantment) would be the replacement, only to be promised a refurbished and improved Majesty, only to be told most of the enhancements that they were told were coming to Majesty now are not happening, and will be extremely similar to what Monarch was.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

As much as I do like Enchantment, some of the posts from folks upset that Majesty is going to Port Canaveral make me giggle a bit. 3 years ago when Monarch was leaving, people were upset to get Enchantment... Now when the sister ship to Monarch is coming, people are upset Enchantment is leaving....

Speaking only for myself, I was disappointed to see the crew of Monarch leaving PC, not the ship itself so much.

Many of the Enchantment crew will be moving over to Majesty over time.

Speaking only for myself, I was disappointed to see the crew of Monarch leaving PC, not the ship itself so much.

Completely agree. It was the same when Enchantment left Baltimore, the next winter on Grandeur it was weird not to have all the familiar crew faces, but got to meet some great new crew on the Grandeur as well.

How long has Majesty sailed from Miami? Ship just celebrated 24 years in service last week.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

I looked back at all the Majesty reviews on Cruise Critic. The oldest one is January 2000, when the ship was sailing short cruises to Bahamas. Skimming the reviews it looks like it has been doing that itinerary ever since - so it has been there since at least Jan 2000.

I just got off the ship today - Hannibal, sorry we did not meet - and I can tell you that many crew told me they are hoping to switch to Enchantment so they can stay in Miami, and several crew members who were new to MJ were there because they wanted to stay in PC (and had been on EN).

We love MJ - you guys love EN. We each want our ships to stay. Too bad that didn't happen.

And basically, at this point, almost nothing is changing in the dry dock other than the movie screen, Voom and some furniture and paint.

Majesty is not even close to being a good replacement.

And there are those of us who think a Sovereign class coming back to PC is Royal finally correcting their mistake. To each their own.

Felt the same way. We adored the crew of the Monarch, they were the best ever!

Just not all that impressed with the ship. No CL, no DL, and limited balconies.

And there are those of us who think a Sovereign class coming back to PC is Royal finally correcting their mistake. To each their own.

Actually,IMHO, the best of all worlds would have been to bring in another Vision class

or Radiance class to replace Enchantment with Majesty doing the 3/4 night as a third ship.

Unfortunately RCI opened the door to let NCL take over the extra days (as in Saturday)

and we lost out. :( Carnival has three ships in PC...RCI is behind on that. :(

Edited by island lady

Unfortunately RCI opened the door to let NCL take over the extra days (as in Saturday) and we lost out. :( Carnival has three ships in PC...RCI is behind on that. :(

You are right about that, no question. I was hoping the addition a year and a half ago of Explorer as a third ship in PC was a sign of things to come, but unfortunately that hasn't materialized into anything permanent so far.

You are right about that, no question. I was hoping the addition a year and a half ago of Explorer as a third ship in PC was a sign of things to come, but unfortunately that hasn't materialized into anything permanent so far.

Also felt the same way about that great nine night EX cruise! We had a great time

and enjoyed not having to travel to Ft. Lauderdale or fly to PR. From the booked out

EX every time she left here on her temporary stay, I was hoping that RCI would see how

popular that itinerary would be and bring a third ship permanently indeed for those longer

cruises. How disappointing RCI did not learn from it. RCL missed out and NCL

scored. :(

Edited by island lady