Magesty leaving Miami today

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Majesty staying in PC for roughly two years, before a transfer to one of RC's European cruise lines?

The plan was for the Majesty to leave the RC fleet yesterday, but the European economy is such that the RC European lines don't need another ship.

The interesting thing is that back in 2010, at the Welcome Back party on the Majesty, the captain said that he got the feeling that corporate was having regrets about moving the Sovereign to Europe. The demand for 3 and 4-night cruises out of Florida was there for 3 ships.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Majesty staying in PC for roughly two years, before a transfer to one of RC's European cruise lines?...

There's been speculation here about that, but nothing official from the cruise line.

only to be promised a refurbished and improved Majesty, only to be told most of the enhancements that they were told were coming to Majesty now are not happening, and will be extremely similar to what Monarch was.

... which makes me wonder if any of these "improvements" to Majesty were actually going to happen in the first place

maybe this was all just BS to make it sound like they were giving PC a better version of Majesty to appease the people angry about losing Enchantment.

then all of a sudden things "changed" ... Hmmmmm

Port Canaveral got the shaft here ... and Carnival and NCL are just movin in fast ... RC is going to lose PC .. and maybe they deserve to now.

Edited by F27TW

Port Canaveral got the shaft here ... and Carnival and NCL are just movin in fast ... RC is going to lose PC .. and maybe they deserve to now.

PC does get Oasis. But then again, I've seen people complain about that too. I guess they had to balance Oasis out with a not-so-great replacement for Enchantment.

I get that it might not be the best switch, but it's a little extreme to get this upset and claim that Royal is going to lose PC. It's not THAT bad.

And there are those of us who think a Sovereign class coming back to PC is Royal finally correcting their mistake. To each their own.

I'm curious why you feel the Majesty is better for PC than the Enchantment.

Remember now there were 3 ships involved in this move.

Original deployment was:

1. Majesty was leaving the fleet and going to Pulmantur.

2. Enchantment replacing Majesty in Miami.

3. Rhapsody replacing Enchantment in Port Canaveral.

And now it is:

1. RCI keeps Majesty awhile longer.

2. Enchantment is committed to Miami.

3. Rhapsody goes to Tampa.

4. Majesty is now homeless :( and goes to Port Canaveral.

If they didn't change their mind on the Majesty transfer all would have been well and Enchantment would have stayed put.

PC does get Oasis. But then again, I've seen people complain about that too. I guess they had to balance Oasis out with a not-so-great replacement for Enchantment.

I get that it might not be the best switch, but it's a little extreme to get this upset and claim that Royal is going to lose PC. It's not THAT bad.

The 2 extremes of the fleet ... at one end, the little old barely refurbished Majesty (one where you have to pay the exhorbitant Junior Suite rate just in order to get a balcony .. a cabin that would be a D1 or D2 on any other ship) ..

And the other extreme .. the overgrown Oasis ... which is not a class of ship that appeals to everyone (myself included).

Nothing in between ... Bad move (in my opinion).

Edited by F27TW

I was on the Majesty last summer out of Miami and granted it's age, I did have a good time. The crew was fantastic!

Also as many people have pointed out they do not have a Diamond or Concierge Lounge, however from 5-830 they do have cocktail hour in a reserved section of the Viking Crown and other than checking cards for status they were not using them against your 3 drinks to use elsewhere on the ship.

I would not hesitate taking Majesty into account for future cruises out of Port Canaveral. Again that is just me and I know others have their own opinion. I do prefer the Enchantment, but Port Canaveral and Tampa are less expensive to fly into than southern Florida and hotels are much cheaper as well.

The 2 extremes of the fleet ... at one end, the little old barely refurbished Majesty (one where you have to pay the exhorbitant Junior Suite rate just in order to get a balcony .. a cabin that would be a D1 or D2 on any other ship) ..

And the other extreme .. the overgrown Oasis ... which is not a class of ship that appeals to everyone (myself included).

Nothing in between ... Bad move (in my opinion).

I may be missing something really obvious, but nobody is FORCED to sail out of Port Canaveral- especially those who have to travel to Florida to cruise.

The very, very, very, very easy solution to your apparently constant problem with PC is to go to Ft Lauderdale. Done. No more worries about how an area gets demoted somehow based on your opinion.

Besides- it's also interesting to see so many people think that Miami port should "suffer" (based on your opinion of the ship) over PC. To me, it makes more sense- I'd much rather fly to Miami and stay there than PC- so it should get the "better" ship.

NCL can have PC- I'll take Miami, FLL, and San Juan.

I may be missing something really obvious, but nobody is FORCED to sail out of Port Canaveral- especially those who have to travel to Florida to cruise.

The very, very, very, very easy solution to your apparently constant problem with PC is to go to Ft Lauderdale. Done. No more worries about how an area gets demoted somehow based on your opinion.

Besides- it's also interesting to see so many people think that Miami port should "suffer" (based on your opinion of the ship) over PC. To me, it makes more sense- I'd much rather fly to Miami and stay there than PC- so it should get the "better" ship.

The part you are missing is that a lots of folks drive to the port! For me PC is my 1st choice then PE. My least favorite are Tampa & Miami, we are all different!

The part you are missing is that a lots of folks drive to the port! For me PC is my 1st choice then PE. My least favorite are Tampa & Miami, we are all different!

IMHO, given that you don't have to fly (and deal with all of that), you are more than capable of dealing with sailing on the Majesty and Oasis. Seems like a decent compromise.

I would rather keep Freedom over Oasis also, due to the fact Oasis cannot go to

Coco Cay OR Grand Cayman as Freedom did, (two of our favorite ports of call).

That being said, I am still looking forward to our cruise on Oasis in January though. ;)

. . . and don't forget Cuba.

R&D

I was going to say the same thing. IMHO perhaps RCI may be stashing Majesty in PC

until she can move again to pick up Cuba sailings.

Figures....Carnival beat RCI to call there already.

Come on RCI, you are losing ground to both Carnival AND NCL. :(

Edited by island lady

Oh goody .... well as long as you and I can hug it out now and be friends :rolleyes:

I'm curious why you feel the Majesty is better for PC than the Enchantment.

The short answer: MJ is a better fit for me than EN, and having MJ in PC means I will book the 3-4 night cruises out of there once again.

The longer answer: I like the Theater, Schooner Bar, Viking Crown, and Windjammer on the Sovereign class better than those on the Vision class, and those are places I frequent while on board. I also like that MJ has a Johnny Rockets. The things that EN has that MJ doesn't, such as Chops, the R Bar, Solarium, or Diamond/Concierge Clubs, I rarely use, as are some of the things EN has that may be better than those on MJ, like the pool area and shops. The MDR on EN is nicer than on MJ, but the food is pretty much the same, and to me that's what counts in a dining room. I will grant you that the cabins on EN are better, but it's not enough to make me want the EN instead. I'm in the cabin to sleep, shower and dress, not spend all day in.

So, why I feel MJ is better is probably no different that why those who like EN better: they enjoy cruising on one ship more than they do the other.