What to do after embarkation?

We plan to arrive at the port early and get on the ship as early as we can. I know you eat after you board the ship. What else does everyone do...question for adults and kids (16 year old boys). Do people head to pools? Are the basketball courts open for the teens? If the Flow Rider open?

Want to start enjoying everything the ship has to offer as soon as we can!

Eating is rarely the 1st think I want to do...so we eat a late breakfast, and head to the pool when we board! I wear my suit under my clothes so I don't have to find a place to change. The pool will not have as many on boarding day as you might think...at least, not early! Around 4pm, all bets are off!

We plan to arrive at the port early and get on the ship as early as we can. I know you eat after you board the ship. What else does everyone do...question for adults and kids (16 year old boys). Do people head to pools? Are the basketball courts open for the teens? If the Flow Rider open?

Want to start enjoying everything the ship has to offer as soon as we can!

What ship are you boarding?

My family likes to go get lunch and then we have a ping pong tournament or go play mini golf. Our son then heads to the sports court to meet other kids his age. We meet back up for muster. My DH and I will go explore the ship, make dining reservations and then hope our luggage makes it before dinner.

After we eat, we go to the top deck and work our way down, walking the floors to get the "lay of the land" so to speak. Once the room is ready we go check it out and check out the cruise compass.

We usually like to explore the ship, the spa, secret areas etc. You do so much investigating of the ship before you go that it all seems to come into place when you walk around. If our luggage is in our rooms already, unpack and head upstairs for a sail away cocktail

On Freedom, you can go out on deck 4 forward I think and go to the very tip of the ship, the bow, and sail out from there.

No matter how many times we've sailed a ship, DW takes me on a grand tour through almost every public deck before sitting down for the first cocktail. Food is usually an after thought by the time I'm able to sit. :eek:

Edited by Big_G

Our embarkation day is fairly standard for us:

1. Get to spa, book massages (sea day slots go fast)

2. Go to Specialty Restaurant for reservation -- first night BOGO

3. Lunch in Windjammer

4. Relax in hot tub with a (virgin) pina colada or two

5. Go to cabin and toast our cruise with our (alcohol-free) champagne

6. Whatever we want -- we're on vacation!!!

Oh yeah -- Muster drill

Enjoy!!

Mike

Get there early. Go eat early lunch before crowds come. (We have light btreakfast, like a muffinor egg bisquit before leavi g to port.

The we check if we can drop of hand luggage. Then we tour the ship, with drink in hand :_)

Maybe put put or watch flow riders. Register kid for kids club. Then hang around u til muster drill. If suitcase Arrived, unpack. After muster, go to Sky bar to watch sail away party and participate of course