Advice on how to get lounge chair or footstool on Allure oceanview balcony

Hi there: My husband and I are taking an Allure of the Seas Eastern Cruise in September and have a D2 superior ocean view stateroom with balcony cabin on a bump out (thus our balcony is a little bigger). I think we have plenty of room for at least one lounge chair or footstools for the chairs.

Does anyone have any advice on how we can possibly wrangle a lounge chair or at least foot stools for the chairs for our balcony? My husband has a bit of a bad back and won't be able to sit in those chairs for that long, and he really enjoys spending a lot of time on the balcony while cruising. A lounger or footstool would be of some help to him.

Would it be a good idea to contact RC by email or phone directly and ask ahead of time (quoting my husband's bad back) or will they just say no? If we ask the cabin attendant are they likely to supply us with a lounger - or is it hit or miss whether they will get one for you - i.e. up to the mood of the attendant whether he/she will say yes or no? Or if its unlikely this would even work, can someone suggest a brand of footstool I can bring with us (inflatable or collapsible?)

Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You've got nothing to lose by asking Royal up front, maybe they will surprise us both by saying yes. Note that saying yes and having the lounge chair on your balcony are two different things. I would be prepared to go the stateroom attendant route when you get onboard. A nice tip might help.

Bob

I see a bunch of posts from you in the last couple of days. I thought you were going to be on the current Jewel TA. Do I remember wrong?

We were never on the eastbound Jewel TA, we're on the westbound TA in 2017.

A blow up beach ball is very useful as a footstool! Simply "under inflate" and it won't roll around! When deflated, they take up no room in luggage! Easy to blow up, too!

Honestly, this is good advice! Never considered something like that.

Never had a problem with getting a lounge chair on the balcony that a 5$ to the room steward couldn't fix.

george35

That's what we did on Serenade last month. Our balcony was at the edge of the hump and extra large. I asked our steward and he had one delivered and seemed happy with the $5 tip. It was great having the lounger.

Never had a problem with getting a lounge chair on the balcony that a 5$ to the room steward couldn't fix.

george35

A few bucks here and there most certainly get you what you need now and then. Just as long as the "demanding" one's follow this advice. You're spending a lot on a cruise; help a worker out. They work hard and deserve it.

Edited by Surfguyxxx

A few bucks here and there most certainly get you what you need now and then. Just as long as the "demanding" one's follow this advice. You're spending a lot on a cruise; help a worker out. They work hard and deserve it.

The non tip crowd won't agree but I/We always carry bills and pass them out as we see fit and NEVER want for anything on a cruise. First class without the cost of a suite. Works for us.

Which numbered cabins are considered on the "hump"?

I'm not sure what people call those ocean view cabins on decks 6 to 14 (both port and starboard sides) on the Allure that stick out a bit more than the other cabins - I called it the hump area but I think other have called it bump-out areas....for example: on deck 8 in this deck plan http://www.cruisecritic.com/allure-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=530&deck=8 the cabins on the bump-out on the starboard side closer to the bow would be cabins 8592-8608. The balconies for these cabins are a little deeper than the usual ocean view cabins and thus could potentially fit a lounger.

Hope that helps!

I'll just list deck 8 staterooms, you should be able to figure our the other decks:

8190 - 8206

8590 - 8606

8232 - 8250

8632 - 8650

On a 2 week cruise we wanted a lounger on the balcony. We asked the room steward if this was possible. He immediately brought one from the pool deck and we tipped him $20. Anytime we ask for something out of the ordinary we tip. We feel our prepaid gratuities only cover the basics.

We were in 8586 on Serenade - it was the first cabin forward on the hump and the balcony was very spacious. We had the lounger along with two chairs and the small table and it wasn't crowded. Because of the angle, we had a forward and side view of the sea. This is the second time we've had a hump balcony and the location can't be beat - right by the center elevators.

I have been known to use the little table as a footstool.

I just put my feet up on the other chair.

Push the two chairs together, face to face, and voilâ! Instant lounger.

Edited by Merion_Mom