Pool and jacuzzis for toddlers that are potty trained?

BaileyandBella

no swim diapers allowed...18 months might be a bit young, but if shes trained and you feel confident with her just in a swimsuit its no worse than anyone else in the pool with incontinence i suppose..

usually they say no kids in jacuzzi - but if you are with her her feet are probably fine.

i dont think anyone will say anything to you about the hottub, but if shes wearing swim diapers some of the crew may say something.

I was on the Crown a few weeks ago, and I noticed a small "Families Only" pool the after section of the ship. It did not seem to be overused. So, I would think that would be a good place to take her. I say this because I think it would be easy for you to keep an eye on her.

I wouldn't let a toddler near the jacuzzi. Accidents can happen plus they are usually very busy and a parent could get distracted. It only takes a second. Even potty trained, a small child can have an accident which would shut down the jacuzzi and require sanitation. Here's a good Cruise Critic article. http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2055

Hey Grandparent :)

Gramma here to 4 year old Camrynn and 16 month old Macklan :D

They are the light of my life as I am sure yours are to you.

That being said ,I would not bring them into a hot tub for health reasons.

Also because children do not want to relax as us adults do in a hot tub.

I would not have them sitting on the side dangling their feet .

I don't think that is fun for them or other people in the hot tub.

I was in a hot tub once when a Father & son got in, the kid actually had a snorkel on .:rolleyes: I think I may have nudged him by accident of course, when he was snorkeling around me, he said something to his father in another language and they left. I got a dirty look first though.:)

Enjoy the Grand kids

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Thanks all.....I appreciate the advice.

We are very conscious and would never do anything to bother anyone else.

As far as safety, like I said, she would just be dangling her feet or legs, with me sitting on one side and her pregnant mommy on the other. If others were in the jacuzzi, we probably wouldn't do it at all.

Thanks all.....I appreciate the advice.

We are very conscious and would never do anything to bother anyone else.

As far as safety, like I said, she would just be dangling her feet or legs, with me sitting on one side and her pregnant mommy on the other. If others were in the jacuzzi, we probably wouldn't do it at all.

Pregnant women should not be in hot tubs nor should an 18 mo. old. I find it hard to believe that an 18 mo. old is 100% potty trained. You mean she NEVER wears a diaper, only regular underpants?

UGH

Her mother and I will be sitting on the edge, not in the jacuzzi.

Yes, she is fully potty trained. She was cloth diapered and cloth diapered babies train faster. Her parents have also taught her sign language, so she is able to tell them when she needs to go. She only wears a diaper at night, but the rest of the time, she is fully trained and only wears regular underwear.

Edited by BaileyandBella

As I recall, the hot tubs on Princess do not have a nice smooth ledge to sit on. there is a slotted drain ridge -- not comfortable for sitting.

I hope your daughter will ask her ob-gyn about hot tubs use during pregnancy. Many (most?) hot tubs have signs advising against it.

Children usually want to play in water. Other adults in the tub probably won't like that. Also, there really isn't room for moving about in the tub.

The hot tubs on most ships are considered "adult territory" and children are generally not welcome.

Have you considered taking a little blow-up pool for the toddler?

Sorry.

Why don't you call Princess and see if they will let you take her in the pool and the jacuzzi. I think you are going to get a lot of :mad: looks. Did you read what Pam in C A wrote? I think she has one of the best answers to your question.

I know you will have a great time with her on your cruise :D :D

Tony

I never go into hot tubs on cruise ships as they are, in my opinion ,just too much of a health hazard for everyone concerned.

As to very young children I do not think this is a good environment for them as they are susceptible to picking up any germs going around.

Scotslizzy

I would definitely have the pregnant one talk with her OB-GYN about putting even just feet into the jacuzzi. That might raise her temperature. I would doubt if a pediatrician would be okay with a child that young doing the same.

I agree whole downheartedly with this advise. I actually sucked my breath in when you said your pregnant daughter would be in a hot tub. I don't think it is safe for a child that young either. Please check with both doctors. Even your feet. Two short phone calls.

My Granddaughter is 18 months old and potty trained. Can she go into any pool?

Also, if we wanted to go to the jacuzzi, could she come and just put her legs in?

Thanks

Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing. Watching an 18 mo old around a pool is serious business... I would avoid it to be on the safe side.

i AGREE, AGREE, AGREE....no toddlers or expectant moms in hot tubs.

Usually hot tubs are adults only, and I have heard some heated discussions there, usually fueled by excessive Coors Lites and Margaritas, also have heard some "salty" words too, that I would not expose my little ones to.

And normally hot tubs are full from breakfast on, sea days. Maybe the only time they would be free for you to use it, would be port days, where most folks have gone ashore. And notice I said YOU, not the little one. As a grandma, I would be doing more research on the do's and don't with toddlers.

I would definitely have the pregnant one talk with her OB-GYN about putting even just feet into the jacuzzi. That might raise her temperature. I would doubt if a pediatrician would be okay with a child that young doing the same.

I agree with this too. The baby and pregnant mother could be at risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk