Impressions of Magic from a mostly Royal cruiser

ryano

Today is my last day on Magic :(

I will be doing a review once I get home in this thread but I wanted to start it by saying AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!

This was my 6th cruise and only 2nd on Carnival. I don't even know how to begin to tell you all how impressed I am with Carnival and especially the Magic. Service, food, crew and everything about this cruise has been outstanding.

Only one small issue after arriving to our cabin (4J 10204) with the bathroom floor being soaking wet with water that was taken care of within an hour. No big deal.

I'm gonna go enjoy the rest of my cruise and will finish up in a day or so but I just wanted to stop by and give a big thumbs up of this cruise. It's been my favorite so far and so good that I have booked an Eastern on her next year :)

I will finish for now with this. IMHO, you get the very same or better on Carnival for much less money than Royal. I have to laugh at those that look down their nose at Carnival :rolleyes: I really wonder if they have even been on a Carnival cruise before.

Ciao for now

Ryan

Edited by ryano

I agree! Royal is nice, but I don't see the big difference and am equally happy going on either. My grandparents (who have cruised over 80 times and usually prefer Celebrity) and my aunt (who has cruised probably 20+ times and usually goes on Holland America/Celebrity) were very impressed with the food on the Carnival Fantasy with our family and really enjoyed the entire cruise.

Today is my last day on Magic :(

I will be doing a review once I get home in this thread but I wanted to start it by saying AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!

This was my 6th cruise and only 2nd on Carnival. I don't even know how to begin to tell you all how impressed I am with Carnival and especially the Magic. Service, food, crew and everything about this cruise has been outstanding.

Only one small issue after arriving to our cabin (4J 10204) with the bathroom floor being soaking wet with water that was taken care of within an hour. No big deal.

I'm gonna go enjoy the rest of my cruise and will finish up in a day or so but I just wanted to stop by and give a big thumbs up of this cruise. It's been my favorite so far and so good that I have booked an Eastern on her next year :)

I will finish for now with this. IMHO, you get the very same or better on Carnival for much less money than Royal. I have to laugh at those that look down their nose at Carnival :rolleyes: I really wonder if they have even been on a Carnival cruise before.

Ciao for now

Ryan

Look forward to reading it, enjoy the last day, they are always sad for us.:(

Completely agree with your comparison.

I'm sure this has been said before, but I'm convinced the reason people look down on Carnival (and up to Royal) is purely psychological in the sense of word association.

Your post makes me very happy! I have a super long wait until my Magic cruise, but I'm still already watching and reading reviews. So nice to hear positive things, especially about the service, which is often the highlight of my cruise.

I'm honestly very hesitant to try other lines. Please don't take this in a way other than intended, but I've run into some really demeaning/snobby attitudes about cruising Carnival vs some of the others and it makes me fearful of being on the others and feeling like I'm amongst people who look down their nose at me. I actually have a FB friend from my last cruise and one of her friends posted the most nasty comment you could imagine about not being able to find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with on Carnival, and it was because of the cost of the cruise precluding anyone intelligent sailing with her. Wow.

See, the preconceived notions go both ways :D At any rate, I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise, and I am looking forward to your review!

Just checking CC before we check out of the hotel to hop on the Magic TODAY! And, we are in the same room as OP. Totally can't wait. I imagine the carpet was soaked because of the roll in shower. I'll be sure to be careful to not let that happen.

I'm honestly very hesitant to try other lines. Please don't take this in a way other than intended, but I've run into some really demeaning/snobby attitudes about cruising Carnival vs some of the others and it makes me fearful of being on the others and feeling like I'm amongst people who look down their nose at me.

Just like there are stereotypes about the people that cruise on Carnival, there are stereotypes about the people that cruise on other cruise lines. Don't let that be a deciding factor in your selection process. We've been bouncing around various cruise lines during the last few years (trying really hard not to repeat the same cruise line two times in a row!) and with every new cruise line, I realize that there's no "average" cruiser, and we've come across some fantastic and very interesting fellow cruisers from all walks of life.

Biggest shocker was when we sailed on Holland America. Based on what I had read here on Cruise Critic, I was expecting a well traveled, sophisticated and somewhat stuffy 70+ crowd in wheelchairs and scooters. While there were some people that did fit that description, the passenger mix was very similar to what I've seen on Carnival and Royal sailings. A little bit of everything. From young to old, from families to couples to singles, from seasoned travelers to first timers, from low key to partiers, and from sophisticated to not so sophisticated. I could've been on ANY cruise line.

There are some people who hide behind a screen name in this forum to voice their insecurities and to try to uplift themselves by demeaning others. Don't think for one minute that these individuals are representative of the cruise line that they defend.

Your post makes me very happy! I have a super long wait until my Magic cruise, but I'm still already watching and reading reviews. So nice to hear positive things, especially about the service, which is often the highlight of my cruise.

My wait is even longer (please see ticker, but it's a little under 18 months). I had a time convincing my husband to go Carnival. But next October, the bug crochet cruises were on Carnival and I wanted to go. By the time we sail, it would be 2 1/2 years between cruises.

Carnival does have a bum rap. We cruised Carival about 12 years ago. While we had fun, my husband kept comparing it to the Princess cruise we took a decade earlier. We cruised Royal Carribbean last time. Great time. I don't think hubby was impressed either.

Anyway, I can't wait for you review, and I can't wait for our cruise. And I think hubby is looking forward to the cruise also.

Cannot wait for your review. We sail on her in two weeks! This will make our 5th Carnival Cruise. We have 6th one planned in The Conquest next year. We love Carnival! We are afraid to try another cruise line because we figure we won't like it. If it's not broke, don't fix it. [emoji16]

Just checking CC before we check out of the hotel to hop on the Magic TODAY! And, we are in the same room as OP. Totally can't wait. I imagine the carpet was soaked because of the roll in shower. I'll be sure to be careful to not let that happen.

Do you plan on doing a review? I would love for someone to post the menus for the American Table in the MDR. Have fun!

I'm curious which Royal ships you have sailed on. I am new to Carnival myself, sailing the Breeze in July and Vista next July, and have previously sailed Allure and Oasis with Royal, the Fantasy and Dream with Disney, and the Constellation with Celebrity. So aside from the Celebrity ship I tend to go with the newer ships with all the bells and whistles. I am wondering how the newer Carnival ships compare to the newer Royal ships (besides size of course, Allure and Oasis are freaking monsters...haha.)