Carnival stepping up on Meet & Mingles

Scuttle

Was on the Carnival Glory week of 23 April 16. Over 100 signed up for the Carnival sponsored Meet and Mingle - about 10 showed up. The Meet and Mingle was posted in the FunTimes and held midweek. Carnival provided the Ivory Club as the venue. In attendance was some heavy hitters: Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Entertainment Director, Beverage Manager as well as several other officers. Comp Wine and Fruit Punch was served along with a few snacks. Carnival provided plenty of wait staff to serve the guest. Glory Crew did a great job. Smooth sailing , Scuttle

Wanted to go - but they scheduled it during dinner time. Would have been better if they scheduled it similar to how/when they schedule Platinum past guest party....around 5 so you can go before dinner times start.

My preference is first day at sea midmorning Meet & Mingles /Meet & Greets. What do you all say?

Smooth sailing, Scuttle

Of the ones I've attended, they were all mid-morning around 10AM on the first sea day. I think this is the best time to begin new relationships for the rest of the week.

Edited by rpettus

It was at 7 pm

Oh, noooo... seriously??? Gosh, I was sort of assuming (yeah, I know what they say about "ass u me") something like shortly after getting underway, or maybe mid-morning or afternoon on the first day at sea. I probably won't make the one I signed up for if it's in the evening, especially on Elegant Night. :-( Bummer.

Of the ones I've attended, they were all mid-morning around 10AM on the first sea day. I think this is the best time to begin new relationships for the rest of the week.

Since they just started doing the Carnival sponsored "Meet & Mingle" party, I'm assuming this was previous to that?

I agree that 10 AM or 2 PM on first sea day would be an excellent time.

Oh, noooo... seriously??? Gosh, I was sort of assuming (yeah, I know what they say about "ass u me") something like shortly after getting underway, or maybe mid-morning or afternoon on the first day at sea. I probably won't make the one I signed up for if it's in the evening, especially on Elegant Night. :-( Bummer.

Actually it was more like mid-week at 7 pm

Just off Magic. They scheduled ours for 5:30pm on the second formal night :confused: but we still had a very good turnout! Several mentioned the odd time as being a reason for them to fail thus doing away with them. I try not to be that skeptical but generally Meet and Mingles are in the morning on sea days.

Ive been to Cruise Critic Meet and Mingles before on Royal Caribbean. This one was much better IMO despite the odd time. I was very impressed that the Cruise Director himself, Eversen "Dr E" Bevelle, showed up and also an officer from the bridge was there. On Royal, I have never seen the CD at a M&M before and certainly not an officer there.

Is this for the Meet & Mingle that you sign up for here on CC? If so, is that a Carnival sponsored event or is it a CC event that Carnival does for CC? If it is a CC event, then I would certainly mention the time problems since they are promoting it here. I would think Cruise Critic would want to know these problems/issues.

7pm? I hope ours isn't at 7pm.

Sadly, I have to agree if they keep choosing mealtimes the low turnout can then be blamed for discontinuing something that creates fun and costs them little $. Let's hope that's not their reasoning.

Other lines schedule them the second day (usually a sea day from NYC) mid-late morning which has worked nicely. Early in the cruise, and at a non-mealtime. :cool:

Edited by mizLORInj

Just off Magic. They scheduled ours for 5:30pm on the second formal night :confused: but we still had a very good turnout! Several mentioned the odd time as being a reason for them to fail thus doing away with them. I try not to be that skeptical but generally Meet and Mingles are in the morning on sea days.

Ive been to Cruise Critic Meet and Mingles before on Royal Caribbean. This one was much better IMO despite the odd time. I was very impressed that the Cruise Director himself, Eversen "Dr E" Bevelle, showed up and also an officer from the bridge was there. On Royal, I have never seen the CD at a M&M before and certainly not an officer there.

I've organized a couple of meet and greets on NCL cruises. They don't have a organization set up to do it for them. They were always held on the first sea day in the morning or afternoon. We had one of the captains, the officers in charge of the accomodations and the dining, the CD and the person who coordinated the event with me. It was very nice and at a convenient time.

I can't imagine why these are being scheduled at night. I'm signed up for ours but now wondering if we will make it.

Since they just started doing the Carnival sponsored "Meet & Mingle" party, I'm assuming this was previous to that?

I agree that 10 AM or 2 PM on first sea day would be an excellent time.

Yes - this was Royal. That timeframe seemed to work quite well.

Was on the Pride week of April 23. They held it second day sea day at 12:30. Never even saw it in the Fun Times so missed it. Heard Cruise director was there with about 7-10 others. They really need to make it not during a meal time, and have more exposure so it's not buried in the middle of the small print.

Was on the Carnival Glory week of 23 April 16. Over 100 signed up for the Carnival sponsored Meet and Mingle - about 10 showed up. The Meet and Mingle was posted in the FunTimes and held midweek. Carnival provided the Ivory Club as the venue. In attendance was some heavy hitters: Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Entertainment Director, Beverage Manager as well as several other officers. Comp Wine and Fruit Punch was served along with a few snacks. Carnival provided plenty of wait staff to serve the guest. Glory Crew did a great job. Smooth sailing , Scuttle

What day and time. All I keep reading is they are holding them too far into the week around dinner time. If I signed up for one, I wouldn't go either.

It's as if they want them to fail, which is the way Carnival works, so they can say they weren't popular so they cancelled them.

Edited by MCFTJCH2V