Number of CC Elite on cruise

CruiseLurker

Kind of hard to describe a "typical cruise".

If you want an absolute average number, it won't mean much as the number of Elite passengers on any cruise will vary based on the size of the ship, i.e. bigger ship means more passengers means more Elites in general.

It will vary based on itinerary as well. Exotic and long itineraries will often have a majority of the passengers being Elite. Alaska and the Caribbean will have more new cruisers, i.e. proportionally less Elites, as those itineraries are very popular for first-timers.

So to summarize, I've been on trips where only 10% are Elite and then on others where 80% are Elite.

Edited by beg3yrs

It will vary widely based on cruise length and itinerary.

A closed loop cruise of seven days or less especially during peak vacation season could only have a couple hundred. On Emerald Easter week there were fewer than 700 total Platinum and Elite (less than 20% of passengers).

Any combination of: longer than 10 days, open-jaw itinerary, or repostioning cruise (especially Transatlantic) will attract almost exclusively well-seasoned cruisers. When Princess first did the full circle of South America on Grand Princess a few years ago there was virtually no passengers less than Platinum and I believe in excess of 2/3 Elite (somewhere around 18-1900 out of 2600 capacity).

So somewhere in the middle--an "average" seven to ten day cruise from the USA--could be as much as 25% Elite [based on the announced numbers at the Circle parties that I vaguely recall]. Give or take about a 0.50 standard deviation. Meaning your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by fishywood

"typical" is difficult to identify. We are Elite, on our last five cruises -

Circumnavigated South America - Of the 2500 passengers, over 1000 were elite.

Cutoff for the Most Traveled Passenger (MTP) Luncheon was over 700 days.

Rome to Singapore - We were 5th at the most traveled passenger luncheon with close to 500 days.

Singapore to Sydney. We were second for the MTP with about 525

South Pacific. Over 1000 Elites. We were about 75 for the MTP luncheon.

Caribbean. We were 7th for the MTP luncheon with about 550.

Top 40 get invited to the MTP luncheon. As you can see the number bounce around quite a bit from cruise to cruise.

"typical" is difficult to identify. We are Elite, on our last five cruises -

Circumnavigated South America - Of the 2500 passengers, over 1000 were elite.

Cutoff for the Most Traveled Passenger (MTP) Luncheon was over 700 days.

Rome to Singapore - We were 5th at the most traveled passenger luncheon with close to 500 days.

Singapore to Sydney. We were second for the MTP with about 525

South Pacific. Over 1000 Elites. We were about 75 for the MTP luncheon.

Caribbean. We were 7th for the MTP luncheon with about 550.

Top 40 get invited to the MTP luncheon. As you can see the number bounce around quite a bit from cruise to cruise.

Thanks for the number update on the MTP luncheon. If we make the cut for the luncheon it really makes the cruise worthwhile. :D

I guess we just have to stay away from those long trips for a while.;)

So 200 to 2000.
That's about right. Alaskan cruises tend to have a lot fewer Elite. Longer cruises tend to have more. On my Pacific Princess cruise in December, I think there were just a very few passengers on the ship who weren't at least Platinum.

People with MANY cruises/days tend to like the longer, specialty cruises. On another line we happened to be on the ship with one of the top execs. He made that comment that "We don't have all that many guests at that level, but they all book the same cruises." Princess seems to be much the same.

That's about right. Alaskan cruises tend to have a lot fewer Elite. Longer cruises tend to have more. On my Pacific Princess cruise in December, I think there were just a very few passengers on the ship who weren't at least Platinum.
For most of our Grand/Caribbean/Ruby Princess class Caribbean cruises the number of Elites has been in the 300-350 range. Transatlantics were around 700+.

On our single Alaska cruise on Island Princess we were invited to the Captain's Most Travelled cocktail party (no lunch that cruise) with about 90 days at sea and we were in the top 25.

For most of our Grand/Caribbean/Ruby Princess class Caribbean cruises the number of Elites has been in the 300-350 range. Transatlantics were around 700+.
Don't know how many Elite were on my Royal Princess cruise last month but the cut-off for the Most Traveled Lunch was 419 days.

Don't know how many Elite were on my Royal Princess cruise last month but the cut-off for the Most Traveled Lunch was 419 days.

It was in the same neighborhood when we were on the Royal in February & March

Just got off the Caribbean Princess transatlantic. Over 900 Elites on board. Huge impact. We, with over 500 days didn't make the most raveled. Cutoff was

751. Laundry huge impact. We only sent our laundry out 3 times (in 21 days).

got laundry back in 6 days. Would have been longer had my wonderful room

Steward , his supervisor, and passenger services helped out. Left the ship with

dirty laundry because last 7 days of cruise, was afraid to send anything out.

Passengers staying on for the next cruise will be luckier, only about 300 elites

will cruise. This large number on transatlantics seems typical however never before did it take 6plus days.I was prepared to do my own laundry but had no time to do so. (long day tours), closed in evening after 8 etc.

Lucky I brought enough clothing with us.

Well, we must have been very lucky on our cruise in Alaska, on the Grand Princess, we were invited to the Mtp luncheon with the Captain and we had only just become Elite with 156 cruise days. After reading this, we will probably never be invited to another one.

Just got off the Caribbean Princess transatlantic. Over 900 Elites on board. Huge impact. We, with over 500 days didn't make the most raveled. Cutoff was

751. Laundry huge impact. We only sent our laundry out 3 times (in 21 days).

got laundry back in 6 days. Would have been longer had my wonderful room

Steward , his supervisor, and passenger services helped out. Left the ship with

dirty laundry because last 7 days of cruise, was afraid to send anything out.

Passengers staying on for the next cruise will be luckier, only about 300 elites

will cruise. This large number on transatlantics seems typical however never before did it take 6plus days.I was prepared to do my own laundry but had no time to do so. (long day tours), closed in evening after 8 etc.

Lucky I brought enough clothing with us.

Wow 751 !! Those transatlantics seem to attract a lot of the higher numbered Elites. :confused:

Last year on a 10-day Mexico cruise, there were 900 Elites. MTP cut-off was 788 days. Most travelled had 2,200 days. Took us 5 days to get laundry returned.

Maybe it's time to up the days needed for Elite???