Kettles have landed!!

We are on day 2 of the Navigator TA to Southampton

Tonight a kettle has been placed in our cabin with 2 mugs , sachets of Maxwell house coffee,teabags,sugar & creamer. So now you know:).

To all those sailing out of Southampton, enjoy.:)

We are in a E category balcony cabin but I will check with someone I know who is in an inside cabin to see if they have had the delivery. I feel 99% confident the answer will be yes.:)

Tonight a kettle has been placed in our cabin with 2 mugs , sachets of Maxwell house coffee,teabags,sugar & creamer. So now you know:).

We are in a E category balcony cabin but I will check with someone I know who is in an inside cabin to see if they have had the delivery. I feel 99% confident the answer will be yes.:)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] an Irish travelers dream the kettle in the room for the cuppa Lyons or Barry's before bed

Mavellous!!! Seems RCCL is adding them to all ships that do the UK, Asian & Australian markets.

We had them on Explorer, (Singapore to Perth on a reposotioning nothern hemisphere to southen hemisphere cruise) so I have to warn you, the tea bags were really weak french packed Tetleys, and in the cafe, they kept rationing them. If you want a decent cup of tea, can I suggest you bring your own tea bags.

Hi

You don't happen to know if the VOOM internet is now working on the ship do you?

Thanks

Right, I think that confirms it. Our replacement cruise is going to be out of Southampton :-)

But why just the UK, Australian, and Asian markets? Some of us here in the US would enjoy a "cuppa" in our cabin as well.:confused::mad:

The availability or otherwise of a kettle is literally THE deciding factor for some Brits. Some will only cruise P&O or Thompson to be guaranteed a cuppa.

Mavellous!!! Seems RCCL is adding them to all ships that do the UK, Asian & Australian markets.

We had them on Explorer, (Singapore to Perth on a reposotioning nothern hemisphere to southen hemisphere cruise) so I have to warn you, the tea bags were really weak french packed Tetleys, and in the cafe, they kept rationing them. If you want a decent cup of tea, can I suggest you bring your own tea bags.

I am on the Independence OTS TA to Southampton and kettles are in all cabins.

I did bring my own tea bags but the Tetley English Breakfast tea they provide is not bad. Restocked twice a day and also instant Maxwell House coffee.

Hi

You don't happen to know if the VOOM internet is now working on the ship do you?

Thanks

It is working on Indy.

Thanks for the kettle update :). If you have an internet package any chance you could test the speed? I have used a web site called speedof.me as it runs on most devices. Cheers.

Happy Cruising.

Put kettle on,make a brew if you can download a movie before you open the hobnobs its fast:D

But why just the UK, Australian, and Asian markets? Some of us here in the US would enjoy a "cuppa" in our cabin as well.:confused::mad:

Suites, JS and up, on ships sailing out the US have tea kettles and coffee makers.

I agree though, it seems silly that some markets allow them, and others don't.

We had the kettle in our Junior Suite on the Navigator of the Seas cruise we took out of Galveston, TX last year.

Edited by JimAOk1945

We just got off of the Allure and we had a kettle in our room. We were in a GS though, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

Sorry, just saw the reply above.

Edited by rkkunk

Suites, JS and up, on ships sailing out the US have tea kettles and coffee makers.

I agree though, it seems silly that some markets allow them, and others don't.

Yes, we've had them when we book a JS. I enjoy coffee but the coffee maker was for 2 cups but the coffee pods were 4 cups! But my sister drinks tea and would like to be able to heat some water. We don't always book a JS though...

Hi All,

We have recently been on the Ovation from Southampton and there was a kettle in our room, it was one that boiled the water unlike the coffee ones that just heat it up.

Tea bags were a bit hit and miss, the best ones (for me) were the Tetley's, they did have Twinnings Breakfast Tea but that was like the proverbial Nats.

Pete

Checked with our friends who are in one of the new inside cabins on deck 3, yes they had the kettle put in their room.

Tea bags are Tetley though I don't recognise the packaging, brews okay though.

Now back to sunbathing, glorious weather so far on the crossing with calm seas.

To the person who asked about internet, it is fast.

Yes, we've had them when we book a JS. I enjoy coffee but the coffee maker was for 2 cups but the coffee pods were 4 cups! But my sister drinks tea and would like to be able to heat some water. We don't always book a JS though...

Yeah, until they change brands/styles of coffee makers, it's pretty much useless as it is now. I even brought different style pods (smaller) on our last cruise, and my husband said it was still bad. I bring my own Tetley British Blend tea bags because I don't care for the ones they supply.

Checked with our friends who are in one of the new inside cabins on deck 3, yes they had the kettle put in their room.

Tea bags are Tetley though I don't recognise the packaging, brews okay though.

Now back to sunbathing, glorious weather so far on the crossing with calm seas.

To the person who asked about internet, it is fast.

Thanks for comments about the internet. Seeing a few conflicting reviews on the internet coverage on Navigator!