Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

Had problems with the Earth Cam. webcams when the Sea Princess was arriving and departing :(

I was having another look at there cams today and found this webcam shot in there archive :)

1469137789321_93.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

We arrived home yesterday after leaving the Sea Princess in New York. A few comments on the cruise from Sydney to NY:

The weather was a bit rough going across the Great Australian Bight. The captain announced that there was worse weather to the west of us and that we would shelter for a day in the harbour off Esperance in WA. Another low pressure system was following the one we avoided and he would try to get around the SW corner of WA in the lull between the two low pressure systems. We arrived in Fremantle one day late. A ship already there was supposed to be on a four day comedy cruise, but two of those days were spent in port because the port was closed.

Because of the lost day, and may also because Colombo had experienced very bad floods, our call into Colombo was cancelled. Some people found the ten days straight at sea a bit much.

We had an overnight stay in Dubai. We were rather under-whelmed. The captain announced that the haze in the air was sand. The next port was Oman and I heard very favourable comments from everyone I spoke to.

Aqaba - Petra was wonderful, amazing etc. etc., but a very tiring day. We went on a tour organised by Diane from CC and it was great. A folkloric group came on board that night and it would have to rate as the worst-ever show that we have seen on a ship in all our years of cruising. Seven men sat in a row of chairs and played music for 45 minutes. We all felt that they played the same song over and over and over .......

Suez Canal transit. What can I say? It was great. The narration by the Port Lecturer Hutch was excellent.

Salerno Italy. We did a tour and really enjoyed the day. Loved Amalfi. Captain William Kent was supposed to take over from Salerno, but we were told he had been moved to the Emerald Princess. I think this would be regarded as a promotion. The new captain is younger than most captains and had previously been a Staff Captain, so a promotion for him also. His name is Captain Amor (hope I spelt that correctly - I haven't unpacked our Princess Patters yet).

Civitavecchia for Rome - great. Lisbon also great. Zeebrugge for Brugge - Brugge was gorgeous. Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki - all good. On this cruise we watched three 'Changing of the Guards' (Copenhagen, Stockholm and London). The Swedes do it best! A group of 80 or so bandsmen/women dressed in old-style uniforms played and precision marched for half an hour, ending up playing Dancing Queen. It was quite a show.

St Petersburg. Once again we went with a CC tour organised by Margaret through SPB Tours. It was a fantastic two-day tour. We were in St Petersburg more than 20 years ago (for 4 days) and the extra renovations were very noticeable. We loved our visit and have to recommend SPB Tours.

Tallinn, Estonia and Riga, Latvia - great old cities. While they were under Soviet rule virtually nothing was changed so the old parts of the cities remain. It was interesting to hear the guides speak of getting their "freedom" from Russia and how bad it had been under the Soviets.

Because of high winds, the port of Warnemunde was closed and we could not go to Berlin. We had booked and paid for a tour through SPB Tours. Others who paid by credit card received their refunds while whey were on the ship. We paid in cash in St Petersburg for both tours. When we got home there was an email from SPB Tours. We will supply a bank account number for the refund. On Monday we will open a new account with $10 just to be safe, although I am sure the company is totally reputable.

We now had two days in Dover. We went to London on both days. On the first day we had a few people to get a taxi to the railway station, but the cabbie offered to drive us to London, take us around the city, leave us for a while on our own in the middle of London, then return us to the wharf for 50 GBP each. This was a great deal and we really enjoyed the day. We were in London early enough to get to the Palace to see the changing of the guard. Beautiful weather in London.

Cobh in Ireland. Good port. We went on a tour that included Cork and Blarney Castle although we had been there before. Sydney, Nova Scotia was great. Everyone seemed to love their visit to this fairly small city. Boston - great.

New York. We didn't stay over because we spent five days there only two years ago when we boarded the World Cruise in NY and sailed back to Australia.

This time we disembarked at 8.20am and took the shuttle bus to the airport for a 6pm flight on Qantas - sat at the airport all day. This seemed easiest because we had all our luggage with us. We had a two-hour stop-over in LA, then in the early hours of the morning, the captain announced that Brisbane airport was closed due to fog and that we would divert to Noumea. We all sat in the plane for a couple of hours while it was re-fuelled and fireman walked up and down the aisle of the plane a couple of times. Just a precaution we were told. Eventually we took off for Brisbane arriving just under four hours late. Home at last.

This was a great trip and I have to recommend the World Cruise as a way to see a wide range of ports that you wouldn't normally visit.

One of the port workers in Bermuda, took a couple of photographs of the Sea Princess at Kings Wharf, and posted them to the "Port Bermuda Webcam" Facebook page.

A BIG Thank You to "Willy Freeman" for the photo!

13782077_538562256345885_5777373411054658989_n.jpg?oh=4b9d868bc5478959c77be6f925b932f5&oe=57E9A107

13770409_538562333012544_8160651980221716337_n.jpg?oh=16c389b78f079752f117287829be8c26&oe=58293047

13715972_538562549679189_7853968033724316973_n.jpg?oh=7bdd43d37873a15a18ab8f1a57bd4a91&oe=5834F47C

13707577_538697506332360_5844284482304537227_n.jpg?oh=0c68505812993f080edc7b2e3d6adc3f&oe=57ED6D73

13754578_538697552999022_5774574757925198966_n.jpg?oh=5637755623928706f1ead5946fe6e369&oe=58182A37

Here is the link to the Port Bermuda Webcam http://portbermudawebcam.com/, if anyone wants to have a look.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Wonderful pics again Stu, especially like the first one from Willy. I haven't been to Bermuda as yet, one day though.:D

The photos and videos posted have been just super...thank you from 'onboard'! Bermuda was so peaceful after all the hustle and bustle of NYC...and hot! We had been before and used the ferry this time - a very efficient cheap way to get over to Hamilton. At last we are into good weather and now 3 days to Cartagena and then the Panama.

The photos and videos posted have been just super...thank you from 'onboard'! Bermuda was so peaceful after all the hustle and bustle of NYC...and hot! We had been before and used the ferry this time - a very efficient cheap way to get over to Hamilton. At last we are into good weather and now 3 days to Cartagena and then the Panama.

I hope the good weather continues for you.