Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

The sunset sinking over those mountains in the background is a wonderful sight, especially if those clouds hang around, it will be a red to pink sky.:D

Those mountains are the island of Moorea I believe

Looks nice, I haven't visited this port as yet.

In the last few years, not many cruises have been calling into Raiatea. There is very little to see in the main town where the ship docks, although the lagoon is stunning. Sail in and sail out are superb. The best idea on Raiatea is to hire a car and drive around the island. There is some beautiful scenery.:) Alternatively go to the neighbouring island of Taha'a.

In the last few years, not many cruises have been calling into Raiatea. There is very little to see in the main town where the ship docks, although the lagoon is stunning. Sail in and sail out are superb. The best idea on Raiatea is to hire a car and drive around the island. There is some beautiful scenery.:) Alternatively go to the neighbouring island of Taha'a.

I suppose the best way to visit most of the islands (by cruising) is with Paul Gaugin cruises. They are pricey though.

Edited by MicCanberra

Raiatea is probably the most idyllic of the Tahitian Islands . It is the destination of the top end , world cruising luxury yachts. The exclusive cruise ships use Raiatea as their base and they have a swept up cruise terminal there. The adjoining Island of Taha'a would have to have the best lagoon in the world. We had a day there when Tahitian Princess was sailing and we took a ride over to a local island .

It would probably be the most expensive of the already expensive Islands as well.

That area you can see ahead of the ships cam has been reclaimed over the years and is part of the redevelopment of the port foreshore.

Raiatea is probably the most idyllic of the Tahitian Islands . It is the destination of the top end , world cruising luxury yachts. The exclusive cruise ships use Raiatea as their base and they have a swept up cruise terminal there. The adjoining Island of Taha'a would have to have the best lagoon in the world. We had a day there when Tahitian Princess was sailing and we took a ride over to a local island .

It would probably be the most expensive of the already expensive Islands as well.

That area you can see ahead of the ships cam has been reclaimed over the years and is part of the redevelopment of the port foreshore.

Cheers David, it is definitely on the list (that keeps getting longer).

Now ...AT SEA..BOUND AUCKLAND NZ.

and so another year gone , another Round the World Cruise done..

Roll on 2017:D:D

Please follow me on my World Cruise adventure on Sea Princess next year

272 days to go, but who's counting :eek::D