Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

Well you are right, Easter Island and Pitcairn are off the agenda and now headed for Moorea...0800 - 1600 on the 16 th August then over to Papeete by 2000hrs and overnight there. Weather too rough down Easter Island and Pitcairn wY...we are all surviving though!

Cheers!

Joan

Thanks for the update Joan, shame about missing both islands though.

Such a shame they are missing both Islands. For many it would have been the incentive to book the cruise and a once in a lifetime chance they will now have to forgo.:mad:

However thems the breaks...we cant change the weather.

Such a shame they are missing both Islands. For many it would have been the incentive to book the cruise and a once in a lifetime chance they will now have to forgo.:mad:

However thems the breaks...we cant change the weather.

Yeah, I know a few that have suggested doing the same, and my wife and I have said, if Easter Island is that important, fly there, from Santiago, Chile or even Lima, Peru, it is about $600 each and then you can stay for a night or two.

Edited by MicCanberra

Yeah, I know a few that have suggested doing the same, and my wife and I have said, if Easter Island is that important, fly there, from Santiago, Chile or even Lima, Peru, it is about $600 each and then you can stay for a night or two.

We flew there a few years ago as part of a South American tour. You probably have to stay more than a night or two. I don't think flights run every day. :)

That would be nice but I would prefer to overnight at Moorea.

I don't see the point of over-nighting in Moorea. The island's attractions are in the scenery and you can't see that at night. :D

In Papeete there are the night-time food markets right beside the wharf, and a lot of people go to restaurants or clubs in the city - all within easy walking distance of the ship.

I don't see the point of over-nighting in Moorea. The island's attractions are in the scenery and you can't see that at night. :D

In Papeete there are the night-time food markets right beside the wharf, and a lot of people go to restaurants or clubs in the city - all within easy walking distance of the ship.

did say it would be my preference

I love the view where the ships anchor. :)

And this is the reason why along with getting another day to snorkel or explore.:D

And this is the reason why along with getting another day to snorkel or explore.:D

But 'overnight' in Papeete usually means 'arrive in the morning and leave at 3am or so the next morning to go to Moorea'. That is how it has been every time we have overnighted in Papeete.

This time they have visited the ports in reverse probably to keep to their original date for Papeete. They would have left Moorea late in the afternoon (as usual) and sailed the 13km to Papeete to arrive early evening. They will have the night and one full day there, leaving this afternoon.

If they overnighted in Moorea, there wouldn't be an extra day for snorkelling or sightseeing, just several hours parked there in the dark.:D

Edited by Aus Traveller

I am normally happy with most of what ship's do when there are changes to itineraries, I suppose they are just doing what seems best for most passengers. In this case, I think that may be the best options. That said, 2 days in Moorea and none in Papeete would suit me.:D

That would be nice but I would prefer to overnight at Moorea.

I agree. We arrived a day early in Papeete on one cruise and overnighted there. It was fun wandering amongst the food markets. Moorea was not on our itinerary on that cruise , so next day we simply walked along the wharf and boarded the ferry for a very short and relaxing trp to Moorea. The ferries are met by taxi vans and we formed a group of about 8 and shared one. He guaranteed to get us back for the 3'o clock ferry. It was a great day.

I am normally happy with most of what ship's do when there are changes to itineraries, I suppose they are just doing what seems best for most passengers. In this case, I think that may be the best options. That said, 2 days in Moorea and none in Papeete would suit me.:D

I can only agree. Papeete is over rated