Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

I wonder what tours they would have on offer from Manta?

Would they leave from there for Machu Pichu or wait till they get to Lima?

I guess they could almost do a Galapagos tour and rejoin the ship in a few days time.

I think MP would be easier from Lima, flight to Cusco and then the journey by train or bus to MP. Galapagos would be certainly doable, as there are flights from Guayaquil daily, but it wouldn't give them much time there. :D

On our 2017 RTW cruise Princess is offering a 90 hour tour from Manta of the Galapagos Islands for AUD$5999.95 (don't you just love the pricing, just like a used car salesman).

Machu Picchu is being offered by Princess as a 88 hour tour from Callco for $2979.95

Wow, both are pricey but then they both would have flights, transfers and accommodation included.

When we were docked at Callao in Lima, we only left the port in a ships tour bus that had a driver, a guide and an armed guard with a loaded rifle.:eek:

I was there with a tour group and didn't require a guard, although we were warned not to go to certain areas and to be aware of the situation no matter where we were.

Pisco Sours are very nice, too bad the last cruise I was on didn't have any Pisco on board.

We really enjoyed the Pisco Sours when we were in South America. When we got home we bought a bottle of Pisco at Dan Murphys. I looked up the recipe for Pisco Sours on the internet and served the cocktails at our next family dinner. They went down well.:)

We really enjoyed the Pisco Sours when we were in South America. When we got home we bought a bottle of Pisco at Dan Murphys. I looked up the recipe for Pisco Sours on the internet and served the cocktails at our next family dinner. They went down well.:)

I am sure they did, and brought back many fond memories with them.:cool:

Going by the bridge cam, it sounds like Easter Island is a No go for them this year :(

But the next question is are they going to do a cruise by Pitcairn island??

ShowImage.aspx?i=244935

SEA PRINCESS at ShipWatcher

Unfortunately Easter island is like that, very hard to get ashore by tender. Hopefully the Pitcairn cruise round will be successful.:D

They havent arrived at Pitcairn yet, and you wont see much from the bridge cam as its just a rock sticking up out of the Ocean

They are due there today, but its still yesterday where they are so it will be tomorrow for us and today for them:confused::confused:

Thu 11/08/16 Hangaroa / Easter Island 08:00 19:00

According to Sea Scanner they are about 10 hours away as I post, so the ETA

should be about 1am Fri morning NZ time , and about 11pm tonight Sydney time.

They havent arrived at Pitcairn yet, and you wont see much from the bridge cam as its just a rock sticking up out of the Ocean

They are due there today, but its still yesterday where they are so it will be tomorrow for us and today for them:confused::confused:

Thu 11/08/16 Hangaroa / Easter Island 08:00 19:00

According to Sea Scanner they are about 10 hours away as I post, so the ETA

should be about 1am Fri morning NZ time , and about 11pm tonight Sydney time.

Thanks David, unless they get in close, anchor and drift bow to the island we won't see that much.

Well you are right, Easter Island and Pitcairn are off the agenda and now headed for Moorea...0800 - 1600 on the 16 th August then over to Papeete by 2000hrs and overnight there. Weather too rough down Easter Island and Pitcairn wY...we are all surviving though!

Cheers!

Joan

Well you are right, Easter Island and Pitcairn are off the agenda and now headed for Moorea...0800 - 1600 on the 16 th August then over to Papeete by 2000hrs and overnight there. Weather too rough down Easter Island and Pitcairn wY...we are all surviving though!

Cheers!

Joan

Thank You for the update joankiara :)