Proof of stock ownership.

opusX

Make sure to always print and take the confirmation from HAL with you. We have had two occasions where the shareholder benefit did not appear on our account and the confirmation email helped get it for us onboard without an issue.

I booked HAL cruise not directly but with German travel agent.

Can I receive shareholder benefit ?

Thank for any help in advance.

The OBC offer (for stockholders) has been around for many years. If you own 100 + shares of CCL stock...just fax it directly to HAL at 206 281-0627 (this is a USA Fax number. Include your name, HAL's reservation number, ship, and sailing date. Also give them proof that you own the stock (a recent proxy or the relevant part of a current brokerage statement).

The benefit seems to be available to all shareholders...regardless of where they live.

We should add that this offer works on all the CCL cruise lines including Carnival, Princess. HAL, Seabourn, Cunard, P&O, Ocean Village, Costa, Aida, and Ibero. It is possible that a cruise line would reject granting the credit because you got some kind of special low fare....but we have never been rejected by any of the lines. RCI has a similar program for their cruise lines, but they often reject the credit saying it is not combinable with many of their promotions.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
You need 100 shares. I have attached the Carnival benefit FAQ for you.

If you have a little extra play money and are willing to accept a little risk.....you might want to check out Carnival Stock after the opening this morning. Due to Brexit, the price of CCL has dropped quite a bit the last two days even though the company is on strong financial footing.

dave

If you have a little extra play money and are willing to accept a little risk.....you might want to check out Carnival Stock after the opening this morning. Due to Brexit, the price of CCL has dropped quite a bit the last two days even though the company is on strong financial footing.

dave

I'm kicking myself. I missed it when it dropped to $40 in February. Our cruise is next week, so I had to pull the trigger a couple of weeks ago and bought my remaining 50 shares at $47.

Great time to buy CCL stock today!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I "faxed" my letter requesting the OBC last week the morning after booking our cruise for August. I received confirmation email less than half a hour later. I used a free online fax service. I wrote my request in Microsoft Word, printed it as a PDF, and appended my redacted brokerage to the PDF.

Sending a fax to the USA doesn't seem to work for me - either too heavy-handed or not technical-savvy enough - how do non-US citizens send proof of ownership? Is there a European address to use?

I delayed sending because with our RCL shares it is easy - send an e-mail complete with pdf attached that shows proof of ownership and I usually get an answer a day or two later. Unfortunately there are so many promos currently running with either RCL or Celebrity cruises that it is getting more and more difficult not to be denied the OBC!

So any ideas how I can apply for Carnival's shareholder credit besides sending a fax or by snail mail which would be too slow for my upcoming cruise?

Thank you for your help.

So any ideas how I can apply for Carnival's shareholder credit besides sending a fax or by snail mail which would be too slow for my upcoming cruise?

Thank you for your help.

Go here to find what the shareholder benefit is all about and the addresses to submit proof of ownership that you seek.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I just booked a cruise a few days ago with my HAL PCC, and she gave me the email address for World reservations and told me I could email my proof of stock ownership to them. I *just* shot an email to them tonight (after biz hours), will report back tomorrow to let you know if it works/if i get a response!

if it doesn't work, i guess i'll have to resort to the old fashioned fax machine ;)

FYI, the email address my PCC gave me was: worldcruisereservations(at)hollandameria(dot)com

Sending a fax to the USA doesn't seem to work for me - either too heavy-handed or not technical-savvy enough - how do non-US citizens send proof of ownership? Is there a European address to use?

I delayed sending because with our RCL shares it is easy - send an e-mail complete with pdf attached that shows proof of ownership and I usually get an answer a day or two later. Unfortunately there are so many promos currently running with either RCL or Celebrity cruises that it is getting more and more difficult not to be denied the OBC!

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately the Carnival shareholder credit instructions from 2015 states only FAX or Snail Mail..I have not been able to find the revised 2016 instructions on=line..

http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Shareholder-Benefit-2014.pdf

Try sending an e-mail to HAL explaining why you can't FAX them from Europe & ask if they will accept an e-mail request but you still must supply them with a copy of your brokerage statement showing that you have the 100 shares of stock.. If there is a HAL office somewhere in Germany, you might try contacting them & asking how you can send your proof of ownership to Seattle..

Edited by serendipity1499

I just booked a cruise a few days ago with my HAL PCC, and she gave me the email address for World reservations and told me I could email my proof of stock ownership to them. I *just* shot an email to them tonight (after biz hours), will report back tomorrow to let you know if it works/if i get a response!

if it doesn't work, i guess i'll have to resort to the old fashioned fax machine ;)

FYI, the email address my PCC gave me was: worldcruisereservations(at)hollandameria(dot)com

UPDATE Jun 28th - Heard back from World Reservations this morning at 944am EST via email, and they accepted my proof of stock ownership that i had E-MAILED last night (per what my PCC told me).

OBC has been already added to my reservations.

So in summary - HAL has joined the 21st century and will accept emails for this! lol... No need to fax anymore! :p

UPDATE Jun 28th - Heard back from World Reservations this morning at 944am EST via email, and they accepted my proof of stock ownership that i had E-MAILED last night (per what my PCC told me).

OBC has been already added to my reservations.

So in summary - HAL has joined the 21st century and will accept emails for this! lol... No need to fax anymore! :p

HAL was in "the 21st century" for a long time. Then about a year or more ago it was decreed, I believe by Carnival Corp, that email would no longer be acceptable. Most likely at the time it was due to the number of exploits available in the pdf format that most people used as an attachment. It has been reported here from time to time that HAL took an email from a specific person, but the policy most likely remains.

edit - found an earlier post that stated:

Current as of March 27, 2013:

"Please note that in order to protect our guest’s privacy, we no longer encourage sending financial information via email. Your next CCL shareholder benefit request can be sent by fax or mail to the following:

Mailing Address: Holland America Line, Attention WCR, 300 Elliott Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119

Fax: 206-281-0627"

posted 9/11/2013 by scriptohio

thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1806751

post #24

Edited by richwmn

Thank you all for your replies - I'll try to e-mail worldreservations first and explain the situation , if they still won't accept that, I'll just have to hop on the refurbished "Queen Mary" for a transatlantic cruise and can send my fax from New York....:D:D:D

That will exceed the 250 $ I'll get as extra OBC for our upcoming cruise , but it's a perfect solution, right??? But how to get back to Amsterdam, then....

I'll have to re-think that!

Hurray, CruiseCritic members were able to help again! Even though our travel agency agreed to forwarding our request, too, I e-mailed the address given above, attached proof of ownership and - bingo - a few hours later I got a reply to tell us that the requested credit had been applied to the three cruises we had booked and applied for.

That will cover some extras onboard just fine.