I cannot decide help would be appreciated Ive never cruisesd

with Royal Carribbean I have taken one NCL and 3 Carnival.I am trying to decide between Allure with stops in Jamacia,Hati and Cozumel or Oasis with stops in St. Thomas,St. Kitts and Nassua.Thanks in advance for any thoughts or opinions.

I believe you'll have fun on either Oasis or Allure. I happen to like both St Thomas and St Kitts, so I would choose that. However, that said Labadee, Haiti is one of my favorite Caribbean stops and Hubby is a big fan of Cozumel. I do like the shows better on Allure, but both ships have fine entertainment. You really can't go wrong either way. Have a great time.

I'm in the Oasis camp on this one, but not by much. Neither ship does southern Caribe, which I do prefer over east or west.

Also, if you are into shows, Oasis has "Cats" (I am one who likes it!), and Allure has "Mamma Mia". Apples and oranges there.

Edited by loubetti

Here's another vote for Oasis. Love St Thomas and St Kitts. The ships are so similar (except for Cats v. MamaMia) that it really comes down to itinerary and Oasis gets the nod. We did it last May and are going again in October.

Agreed. There is not a big enough difference to sway me one way or another. I much prefer Mamma Mia, but felt Oasis was run a bit better overall than Allure (Oasis in 5/15, Allure in 2/16). Either way, it's a toss up between the two.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Don't let one negative drama queen bother you. The purpose of these forums is to share info and ask questions. I'd say pick the one with the ports you'd prefer to see, depending on what/how much you want to do on your trip. I loved St. Kitts and St. Thomas (because you can take the ferry to St. John). Nassau is nice for a day if you haven't been there, with the fish fry and straw market, and you can go over to Atlantis if you want.

Haiti is pretty much just a beach day, but Jamaica and Cozumel offer many options. If it was my choice, I'd pick Oasis' itinerary. Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

For those of you who have been on the Oasis with a stop at St. Kitts(we will be doing that route in August), suggestions for something to do?

Nassau -probably staying on ship

St. Thomas- beach and shopping

Would kind of like to do a tour of the island?

Thank you

For those of you who have been on the Oasis with a stop at St. Kitts(we will be doing that route in August), suggestions for something to do?

Nassau -probably staying on ship

St. Thomas- beach and shopping

Would kind of like to do a tour of the island?

Thank you

I've been to St Kitts a few times (not on Oasis-class) have always done tours with Thenford Grey. He does a very nice island tour if it's your first time. I've done the Volcano hike as well.

with Royal Carribbean I have taken one NCL and 3 Carnival.I am trying to decide between Allure with stops in Jamacia,Hati and Cozumel or Oasis with stops in St. Thomas,St. Kitts and Nassua.Thanks in advance for any thoughts or opinions.

Either are good and aside from the shows, the ships are almost identical. Would prefer eastern on Oasis though especially if you are a beach person.

Emerald on St Thomas

Emerald_View_1.jpg

Carambola on St Kitts

St_Kitts_Beach_1.jpg

Paradise Island in Nassau

Nassau136.jpg

Edited by cruisinfanatic

I've been to St Kitts a few times (not on Oasis-class) have always done tours with Thenford Grey. He does a very nice island tour if it's your first time. I've done the Volcano hike as well.

Thanks, I will look him up.

Is that something that you book ahead of time? What happens if our itinerary changes due to whatever and we don't get to St? Kitts?

For those of you who have been on the Oasis with a stop at St. Kitts(we will be doing that route in August), suggestions for something to do?....

Cockleshell Beach, which includes a scenic taxi ride and views of Nevis from the beach.

Thanks, I will look him up.

Is that something that you book ahead of time? What happens if our itinerary changes due to whatever and we don't get to St? Kitts?

He's a private tour company. If you don't make it to St. Kitts, your tour will simply cancel. No money up front so you won't lose anything.

http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/