Air France meals, anyone?

eyeu

Since we are going on a riverboat cruise, had a question about the air so put the question on this forum.

Flying Air France and they give three extra food options...$17, or $20 and $30 extra for the special menus. Has anyone tried it? Worth the extra money?

Flying from Chicago to Paris so there is plenty of time to eat!!

thanks..

Rick

I've flown on Air France planes (Delta tickets) a few times in the past couple years (and will be again in Sept) I don't have a problem with the regular meal (I like to fly Premium Economy- you get the Coach meal) I wouldn't pay extra for airplane food.

We flew from Chicago to New Delhi on AF 2 years ago with a stop in Paris. The business class flat seats, the food and wine were among the best that we've experienced in recent times.

Edited by dabear

We are flying Premium Economy and they offered the extras. From previous times on AF, found the food and wine decent..just wondered if the upgrade would be advisable. Thanks everyone..

Rick

We are flying Premium Economy and they offered the extras. From previous times on AF, found the food and wine decent..just wondered if the upgrade would be advisable. Thanks everyone..

Rick

We flew AF to Italy in February, and booked PE.

We were able to upgrade at the airport for $395 each going over and online for $285 return flight. For us, it was well worth it.

We were able to upgrade at the airport for $395 each going over and online for $285 return flight. For us, it was well worth it.

I'm in PE for a trip to Lisbon in September. Delta has a business sale to Europe - would be about $500 for me to upgrade to business but I've decided I don't need business seats for this relatively short trip and I'd rather spend the money on wine in Portugal. Or a better house rental (going with friends - college roommates - and we haven't figured out where we want to stay and/or rented a place yet :eek:)

My initial question was about upgrading the food options on AF...not upgrading the tickets from Economy to Business, etc...

This was an option for food only...for additional $17, $30 etc could arrange higher end food on the flight...not accommodations...that is another issue....

thanks

Rick

Had to fly economy to Kinshasa last year for work. I consoled myself by booking one of the special meals (fois gras, confit de canard etc). As the free wines on AF are acceptable, the meal made up for the rest of the flight. So, if one of the special menus appeal, then you should definitely book.

Since we are going on a riverboat cruise, had a question about the air so put the question on this forum.

Flying Air France and they give three extra food options...$17, or $20 and $30 extra for the special menus. Has anyone tried it? Worth the extra money?

Flying from Chicago to Paris so there is plenty of time to eat!!

thanks..

Rick

We have flown Air France more than once, since we generally fly Delta and get sky miles.

Air France is nice. Service is excellent and the food is a bit above the average for airline food. We have never paid for a meal on a flight. Yes, there will be time to eat two or three times, flying from Chicago to Paris.

By the way, watch out for pickpockets if you take the train from CDG to Paris, city.

My initial question was about upgrading the food options on AF...not upgrading the tickets from Economy to Business, etc...

This was an option for food only...for additional $17, $30 etc could arrange higher end food on the flight...not accommodations...that is another issue....

thanks

Rick

You want this crew to stay on topic? Not gonna happen. :p