Changes to HAL website?

royal65

In the past I've had no difficulty doing dummy bookings. For the last few weeks, I have gotten stuck on the "select your own cabin" page -- it just won't take me to the page where you can see what's available. Never had this problem previously. I've tried at least half a dozen different cruises (including one 17 months out), so I don't think lack of availability is the issue. And I've tried it signed in and not. Any ideas?

I just tried a dummy booking and got past the point where you're hanging up. It could be a browser issue (I use Chrome) or perhaps you have cookies or cached pages in your browser that is causing the problem. :confused:

I HATE that to check a price you have to enter all your personal information.

How many people are in your cabin?

I have had no problems with getting pricing information if I am checking for 1 or 2. There have been some threads where others have said they couldn't get pricing, and it came out they were booking a third or fourth in the cabin.

I do dummy bookings all the time and don't have to enter any personal information.

Really? It used to work that way for me now it requires names, address, email all before showing a price. If I'm logged in and it self populates me, it forces me to put in real information for the second person. It won't even let one be a mariner and one not. If not logged in I have to supply everything needed to actually book before it will Show a price. It's really bad.

Really? It used to work that way for me now it requires names, address, email all before showing a price. If I'm logged in and it self populates me, it forces me to put in real information for the second person. It won't even let one be a mariner and one not. If not logged in I have to supply everything needed to actually book before it will Show a price. It's really bad.

I go as far as selecting a cabin, at which point it shows the per person cost plus the taxes, etc. As I cruise with my DW, I add that up and double it for our total price. For the website to give that total for you, I agree, you'd need to input the personal info, but I'm happy doing the math myself.

I have had the same problem; I get hung up on select your cabin. Even my IT guy cannot figure it out. I have no problems using Chrome, only Windows.

Thanks to all who responded. As soon as I saw the first response, I knew what my issue was. The problem I was encountering started about the same time I "upgraded" from Windows 8.1 to 10 and in the process automatically went to a different browser. Just tried Firefox and I'm back in business, but a little embarrassed I didn't figure this out on my own. Many thanks to all.