Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

I wasn't going to say anything....but you are right -

FWIW, people come here to learn things. While my advice is obviously wasted on those already booked, there are at least 3 more Royal ships in the next few years. That advice is for them. ;)

FWIW, people come here to learn things. While my advice is obviously wasted on those already booked, there are at least 3 more Royal ships in the next few years. That advice is for them. ;)

Sorry, but Friends flashbacks just keep coming to my mind and that one suited at the time. I forgot to put that obviously i was JK ;)

According to the staff it will be operational today and the water is flowing. One a side note, having read the thread I'm very surprised when walking on today. It looks really finished to me. Aqua is in testing, and Starbucks closed, but apart from that, they must have worked a lot over the past 24 hours or so.

We are having a great time!!!

image.jpg.1dbfdc5344f91bd7ffe0e1031ac1127d.jpg

We were able to access out new cabin around 11:30 as our cabin steward advised we could access before 1.

When we went there around 11:30 and all our luggage was there and our clothes moved to the new wardrobes which was fantastic.

The new room has the bed next to the balcony, so opposite way to before, so I've done another video and just need to get it uploaded.

Tuner was also a pack of red velvet cupcakes in our room, not sure why but seemed a nice touch.

I've also been able to do loads of filming and will try and get them uploaded overnight tonight.

For lunch there was a consecutive cruisers lunch in American Icon, with a special menu. Lunch was great unfortunately I forgot to take pictures as we were taking to the couple next to us.

This afternoon I've spent a couple of hours on the FlowRider which was fairly quiet despite the sunshine in Southampton. I think I probably managed 6 or 7 goes in around 1 1/2 hours.

We had to go muster at 4 then it's Izumi Hibachi tonight although we could only get in at 5.30 as the restaurants seem pretty booked up for this cruise.

After a disappointing day, I would like to say it has been well and truly redeemed tonight.

The service and food in Silk was fantastic. Only let down with a molten lava cake which was less molten and more microwaved.

The 1887 ice show was really good. I didn't really get the plot but the skaters were really fantastic and some very clever lighting onto the ice. The bar service at the seat was also very good.

Just in boot and bonnet pub and the singer Kieran Cox who was on last night as well is very good and we are booked in for the comedy show at 22:30.

Well done on your live thread, it's been really interesting. Can't believe the amount of things unfinished on the ship though!

The pub singer, Kieran Cox, was on our Adventure cruise 3 weeks ago. He said he was travelling back to the UK to start a new stint on Harmony of the Sea's. We thought he was great! :D

Thank you so much for all your time on *your* vacation to show us around. I truly appreciate it.

On Wednesday the abyss was full of adults having fun! My group 44,45,54 and 60 went twice.

Lots of people went multiple times with an excuse to go to the Mexican bar in between :)

Sounds like you are my people! I have visions of doing the same thing when we cruise HOTS.

So, if May 29 is Maiden Voyage, how do you describe these past couple of trips?

And if June 5 is Pre Inaugural, is June 7 Inaugural?

John, I didn´t call May 29th the Maiden Voyage - that was RCI - I only used their "name" for it.

"Pre inaugural" for me are all those short cruises which are invitation only (media, travel agents, Pinnacle...). They used to be all prior to the first cruise with paying passengers. The first with paying passenger would be the inaugural cruise for me... Unfortunately RCI decided to do two pre inaugurals (May 20th-22nd was the first one out of Southampton) this time with two weeks of cruises with paying passengers inbetween. I think this time there will be more pre inaugurals as soon as the Harmony is in Fort Lauderdale (happend with Anthem/Quantum too).

I´ve been on Oasis, Allure, Quantum and Anthem for pre inaugurals (missed out the Ovation). Oasis there was a little work left. Allure was more or less "spotless". Quantum was sort of a mess. Anthem was way better but no major stuff missing (mainly repairs of things which went wrong). Judging from the photos and reports this is even worse than the Quantum pre inaugural.

steamboats

Yummm... the cream of mushroom soup is my favorite dish on any Royal Caribbean menu. Makes my mouth water just to see the picture !

Mine too, can you get them in other resturants, or are they Chops only?

BTW: Has anyone tried "Dog Town" while on board? Are they all Red hots? That question might seem odd to anyone not from Western NY. We also have White hots (or Buckwurst style).

Or at least are the dogs Kosher?

John, I didn´t call May 29th the Maiden Voyage - that was RCI - I only used their "name" for it.

"Pre inaugural" for me are all those short cruises which are invitation only (media, travel agents, Pinnacle...). They used to be all prior to the first cruise with paying passengers. The first with paying passenger would be the inaugural cruise for me... Unfortunately RCI decided to do two pre inaugurals (May 20th-22nd was the first one out of Southampton) this time with two weeks of cruises with paying passengers inbetween. I think this time there will be more pre inaugurals as soon as the Harmony is in Fort Lauderdale (happend with Anthem/Quantum too).

I´ve been on Oasis, Allure, Quantum and Anthem for pre inaugurals (missed out the Ovation). Oasis there was a little work left. Allure was more or less "spotless". Quantum was sort of a mess. Anthem was way better but no major stuff missing (mainly repairs of things which went wrong). Judging from the photos and reports this is even worse than the Quantum pre inaugural.

steamboats

Got it. Oasis probably had a few issues since she was the First of Her Name, #GOT ;)

Back then Royal had the good sense to hold off on passengers for several weeks after they left the yard.

No luggage tags. I asked when we dropped out bags as had expected the rfid tags.

I have seen a couple of wow bands but not sure where people have got them from. There was non in the room or any information on how to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure but we had them in a junior suite. Perhaps it's only suites now that get them? We had them on Anthem last year in a balcony cabin.

Not 100% sure but we had them in a junior suite. Perhaps it's only suites now that get them? We had them on Anthem last year in a balcony cabin.

Wansbrough shared on another thread a lot of pictures of Harmony (great pics by the way!).

You can see in one of them that they were selling the WOW Bands on a table beside GS

27261331935_d1ba92028d_k.jpgP1120825 by Cruise Wansbrough, on Flickr

Just got off the 4 nighter. Still lots of work going on with apparently 227 workers still onboard.

Link to photos from the cruise >>>HERE<<<

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us first reports of the Harmony. We are on the 5 night June 7th sailing out of Barcelona. This thread has been so wonderful and I have been able to come up with realistic expectations of what the ship will be like, but I'm sure we will definitely have a wonderful time!

Just a quick update before the show.

We had dinner in Izumi, at the Hibachi and it was amazing. The show cooking was fantastic and the food tasted great.

Ill upload some pictures shortly

Fantastic! Can't wait for your Hibachi photos - I'm on next weeks cruise with my parents and my BF's parents - so we want to try and book a whole table together. Out of interest did you book in advance or onboard? I'm not sure how to book in advance to ensure we are all sitting together, so I guess I will figure it out on Sunday when I get onboard. How many were sitting at the table though? I've only ever been to 1 hibachi in my life (and loved it) and my group dominated the table with 6 out of 8 seats and it was such a blast! Just curious.

Really appreciate the time you are taking to post all your experiences and photos - so exciting to get home from work every evening and see all your updates! :)