Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

What Boardwalk cabin did you have...and was the Abyss blocking your view ? We're going to have the last 4 afts on deck #9...so your impression is certainly of value in particular to me...Thanks so much.

b57224c04df4ba9ff36dbea61304078f.jpg

This is the view from 9729.

f65a8bdc4cdf8ce76610b07c263684a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

So the check in process was very easy this morning.

We had to go to the on air bar for 9.30 we got there about 9.15 where they asked our previous cabin number then we were seated. Another person then took groups of us out of the bar, and down into the corridor to the side of studio b. Our old passes were scanned by security as you would normally do then leaving the ship. Our old passes were then taken from us and new passes given to us, which were then scanned to check we had photo / credit card on file before we walked further down the corridor to where we were scanned back onto the ship.

All in all took around 15 minutes including the wait in the bar.

We were very impressed with how this went.

Since then we've been round the ship, took some pictures and videos and now just waiting for everyone else to board.

Fingers crossed this sailing will have less issues than the last.

Thanks Little Brian! After reading this thread and seeing your pics of this view (and the solarium) my expectations have now dropped to a new low.

If I had known I had a view like that when I booked, I would have booked another cabin.

If I had known I had a view like that when I booked, I would have booked another cabin.

I spoke to my TA about this earlier this week. Since we booked 10329 a year ago she called RCCL concerning these obstructed views. RCCL quickly answered that the views were not obstructed. Looks obstructed to me, but what do I know ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off the 4 day trip on the Harmony, we had a lovely time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, food was great, drinks plentiful and a lovely ship!

But..... would have been even better if they had finished building the ship first! Never seen so many engineers with tools fixing stuff before, I really liked all the French engineers in the smoking area on deck 15 having a fag and scratching their heads!

Hope they get it all fixed before it gets to Barcelona.

It wasn't a cheapo trip but at least we had a working toilet and shower :)

Just off the 4 day trip on the Harmony, we had a lovely time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, food was great, drinks plentiful and a lovely ship!

Hope they get it all fixed before it gets to Barcelona.

Great that you enjoyed it :)

The first week cruise starts this sunday from Barcelona, that`s cutting it close if they are to be finished by then.

Great that you enjoyed it :)

The first week cruise starts this sunday from Barcelona, that`s cutting it close if they are to be finished by then.

I don't think it's this Sunday... It's got to get to Barcelona first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to hijack, but I leave on Explorer on Friday. I've been following the real-time thread and haven't seen any issues reported there. What did I miss?? :eek:

Complaints about the food, missing items, service, staff - the usual suspects after a repositioning.

I don't think it's this Sunday... It's got to get to Barcelona first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D`oh, i mis-read the calendar. I belive the first cruise from Barcelona starts on june 5th. I am going for the june 12th sailing and have read "somewhere" that sailing is the second on the "Barcelona route".

D`oh, i mis-read the calendar. I belive the first cruise from Barcelona starts on june 5th. I am going for the june 12th sailing and have read "somewhere" that sailing is the second on the "Barcelona route".

It is the second on the Barcelona route - but the ship has to get from Southampton to Barcelona first and that sailing is this Sunday and will be the first one week sailing.

May 29th - June 5th Southampton - Barcelona (Maiden Voyage)

June 5th - June 7th Barcelona - Barcelona (Pre Inaugural, invitation only)

June 7th - June 12th Barcelona -Barcelona (5 nighter)

First 7 night cruise out of Barcelona: June 12th

steamboats

steamboats

So, if May 29 is Maiden Voyage, how do you describe these past couple of trips?

And if June 5 is Pre Inaugural, is June 7 Inaugural?

steamboats

Thanks for the list :)

So me and my wife are actually going for the first 7 nighter. Hopefully most is done by then. We have booked a regular cruise (honeymoon) and have not noticed any warnings regarding this being a new ship etc during the booking process. And i suspect the price we paid is within the normal cruise range. ($ 3K+)

d8aa2dcaf8926b49c4e378584105bd99.jpg

First I want to thank CruisenovicesUK for this thread and his blog. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

We booked the Harmony for the upcoming transatlantic back in April or May of 2015. After doing the Allure Med cruise last year we were positive the Harmony was a great choice for our first transatlantic. Now I am not so sure. There was no mention of the Abyss when we booked our Boardwalk Balcony. Also RCI webpage and still says there is a Solarium pool. We were planning to spend much of our time in this area during the crossing.

We have all our travel booked for this coming October. And these things will not ruin our cruise but I've learned to never book a ship before it sets sail. One mistake we will not be repeating. Lots of things can change between what is announced and what is delivered.

Timm

Can you please post a pic of the sofa bed out. I am still trying to decide to stick with a D1 or choose a different cabin. It will be 3 of us in the cabin and our son will be 10 years at travel. My son is 5' and wondering how big the sofa beds are. They are asking 6789 for a junior suite vs 4882 for D1... sailing May 2017 what are the chances of JS price coming down?

I really think the abyss makes for a obstructed view for all of the boardwalk cabins if you are trying to also get a sea view.

I'm sure the abyss is fun to ride but I think it takes away from the overall appearance of the back of the ship. I'm sure it looks different in person than in pictures.

I do however think that the abyss will get more people to be in the boardwalk...parents will want to see there children exit the slide. I'm sure this is one of the reasons it is back there...to drive more traffic to this area. On the other Oasis class ships in my experience this area of the ship was always rather quiet except during shows in the aqua theater.

Can someone please post a copy of the daily activities that they leave in your room every day. Sorry don't know if there is a proper name for it . Thank you .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app