What's up with the Vision 2017?

We booked the Vision for Aug 22, 2017 but for about a week, that cruise and all subsequent ones are showing N/A. I called but was told they were doing "inventory maintenance". When I asked what that was, I was told they are looking at the categories that are selling, which ones aren't, pricing, etc. Seems to me it wouldn't take THAT long. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on with the Vision? :confused:

Haven't seen anything on Vision, but it could be a re-deployment. People were posting about Navigator too.

Thanks! I'm seriously thinking of going ahead and doing the deposit on the prior cruise which still is available. I have cabins held and the sale going on now is good. I just wish they would let us know what is going on.....there are several cruises that would be affected even though it is a long way out.

We booked the Vision for Aug 22, 2017 but for about a week, that cruise and all subsequent ones are showing N/A. I called but was told they were doing "inventory maintenance". When I asked what that was, I was told they are looking at the categories that are selling, which ones aren't, pricing, etc. Seems to me it wouldn't take THAT long. Anyone have any insight as to what is going on with the Vision? :confused:

Hi from the UK,

We will be on the Vision on August 2016, for a 14 day cruise round the Eastern Med, and Greek Islands.

We can try to find out if the is a problem with 2017 cruises if you would like us to, however we wont be leaving the ship until August 27th, so perhaps you may have already solved your problem by then.

Please let us know before August if you are still unsure, and we will try to get a few answers for you.

Best regards,

Rod and Jane

I certainly hope RCI keeps the Vision in it's fleet. We sailed it in the Baltic. We love the small ships. The Splendour was a nice ship. Too bad it is no longer in the fleet.

I certainly hope RCI keeps the Vision in it's fleet. We sailed it in the Baltic. We love the small ships. The Splendour was a nice ship. Too bad it is no longer in the fleet.

I agree, I would have much rather seen Splendour moved to Port Canaveral than Majesty.

Hi from the UK,

We will be on the Vision on August 2016, for a 14 day cruise round the Eastern Med, and Greek Islands.

We can try to find out if the is a problem with 2017 cruises if you would like us to, however we wont be leaving the ship until August 27th, so perhaps you may have already solved your problem by then.

Please let us know before August if you are still unsure, and we will try to get a few answers for you.

Best regards,

Rod and Jane

I will certainly keep this in mind....although I hope we hear something before then! Thanks for the offer!

Haven't seen anything on Vision, but it could be a re-deployment. People were posting about Navigator too.

And Legend for over a week now :( 9 cruises showing sold out from February to April 2017. It beggars belief that they start doing this at a time when some people will have already booked flights. :mad:

Edited by Bobal

And Legend for over a week now :( 9 cruises showing sold out from February to April 2017. It beggars belief that they start doing this at a time when some people will have already booked flights. :mad:

Nothing Royal does anymore surprises me much, it's all about the bottom line.

According to the note on this deck plan site - there is some speculation that the Vision may be transferred to Pullmantur - although it also says that RC has no firm plans to transfer the ship.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Vision-of-the-Seas

Thanks for that link. Seems there is probably more to this than "inventory maintenance"!!

This was discussed in the deployment thread. It is most likely a redeployment. Vision will now end her European season in Copenhagen, instead of Venice. SPECULATION is that this is because she will then head out on a TA back to the states. I also want to point out that I personally don't think they would cancel several sailings if they were going to the transfer the ship to Pullmantur, as their would be no positives to that plan over leaving her with Royal for an extra month or so.

According to the note on this deck plan site - there is some speculation that the Vision may be transferred to Pullmantur - although it also says that RC has no firm plans to transfer the ship.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Vision-of-the-Seas

I would not put too much thought into that website. Right now it is all RUMORS...they shouldn't even put that little blurb on their website as all it does it continue to cause unseeded worry.

This was discussed in the deployment thread. It is most likely a redeployment. Vision will now end her European season in Copenhagen, instead of Venice. SPECULATION is that this is because she will then head out on a TA back to the states. I also want to point out that I personally don't think they would cancel several sailings if they were going to the transfer the ship to Pullmantur, as their would be no positives to that plan over leaving her with Royal for an extra month or so.

It would be nice if that were the case. Depending on the TA route, we would consider the 11 Aug sailing and then just stay on for the TA. I guess time will tell!

We recently booked the Vision for July 9, 2017 sailing from Amsterdam on a 12 night Baltic/Scandinavia cruise. Can't say where she will be after July 20, 2017, though. :)

She will be in Copenhagen shortly after. The sailings 8/22/17 and after seem to be the ones affected right now.

We are booked on Legend for May 18 2017 and it shows as sold out on RCCL website and not even showing at all on some others. I called RCCL and spoke to the supervisor. I was told that our sailing is not cancelled. They said they are doing inventory. I asked how long does it take and was told a few weeks. The sold out sign was already there about 2 weeks ago, but the sold out sign was already there from before.

We're booked on 8/22/17 and it shows Sold Out on website. I called and spoke to a supervisor, Gregg. He never got back to me as promised. I just don't like the idea of RC giving me the round around. I was going to change met cruise date, but I think I'll wait. If RC does cancel the cruise, I'm sure they will be giving those already booked some kind of perks.. I'm sure RC wants to keep their good name in the cruising business. Any opinions?

Edited by bubbieX4
Want to add something.

My parents were on the TA and booked a 10/27/17 Vision cruise for Greece & Croatia. They just got backed so I was checking their reservation and found that it now says SOLD OUT and came here to do research. This forum is sooo helpful!! Now I can explain to my parents to sit tight with their reservation and see what happens. They just booked this on May 5th, must have made the cut off before they stop accepting reservations.

We were booked on a Celebrity cruise from Copenhagen to Barcelona for Sept 2017 that is almost identical to the Vision sailing from Copenhagen to Barcelona in Sept 2017. Our Celebrity cruise disappeared for over 2 months and last week we were "informed" that it had been chartered. In looking for a comparable replacement cruise, I ran across this Vision one that is also gone. I'd love to book it, but I need to have 2 cruises Chartered out from underneath me.