I wasn't going to do this but....

CarnyMan

I had decided that I was just going to wear a dress shirt and pants on formal night for our cruise on Ruby Princess to Alaska on May 29th. Well my wife and daughter went dress shopping and bought new dresses for formal night. I decided maybe I would dress up too so I went shopping for a sport coat and tie. I found a nice one on sale and bought it but....I need to lose 10 pounds before the cruise for it to fit like it should. So now I am on the 'shake' diet to lose 10 pounds in two weeks so I will look nice on formal night. Have you ever went on a diet this close to a cruise?

Heck yes I have. I've been so hungry leading up to a cruise that I've printed out the Princess menus and studied them...and then ate them.

LOL. Oh Jeanne how I miss your blog every morning. You are so funny!!!

Cheers, Denise

.......................but....I need to lose 10 pounds before the cruise for it to fit like it should. So now I am on the 'shake' diet to lose 10 pounds in two weeks so I will look nice on formal night. Have you ever went on a diet this close to a cruise?

Forget about it. Just wear the tie and leave the sport coat unbuttoned. Or, skip the sport coat all together and just wear the tie. ;)

I had decided that I was just going to wear a dress shirt and pants on formal night for our cruise on Ruby Princess to Alaska on May 29th. Well my wife and daughter went dress shopping and bought new dresses for formal night. I decided maybe I would dress up too so I went shopping for a sport coat and tie. I found a nice one on sale and bought it but....I need to lose 10 pounds before the cruise for it to fit like it should. So now I am on the 'shake' diet to lose 10 pounds in two weeks so I will look nice on formal night. Have you ever went on a diet this close to a cruise?

Good luck, but why not just buy one that fit??

My husband used to give up sodas, drinking only water when he wanted to lose weight. He never bothered with eliminating carbs. He never had any trouble dropping the pounds rather quickly. Men seem to have an easier time of losing weight. I could fast for a week and gain weight.

I didn't get a size larger because I needed a good incentive to lose the weight. I don't think I will gain it back on the cruise. I plan to do a lot of walking on the ship including using stairs instead of elevators. This is our first Princess cruise so I don't know how good their food is going to be.

I didn't get a size larger because I needed a good incentive to lose the weight. I don't think I will gain it back on the cruise. I plan to do a lot of walking on the ship including using stairs instead of elevators. This is our first Princess cruise so I don't know how good their food is going to be.

The comment was a bit of a gee up.

Good luck with the weight loss and keeping it off.