Global entry

RNGALNG

. I live close to the Port of Palm Beach and they do take walk ins after 3 pm every day so hopefully I can complete this before I fly to Dublin on Sept. 27th before Royal cruise on Oct 8.

Wish me luck!!

Arrive at the facility by 2 pm to get a decent spot on the walkin list.

I didn't know that maternal name meant mother's maiden name. Why didn't they just say that, I'll never know - but I left it blank.

I left mine blank also only because my Mom had 2 maiden names and I didn't know which one that wanted. I was still approved.

I left mine blank also only because my Mom had 2 maiden names and I didn't know which one that wanted. I was still approved.

Thanks Coral. I got the approval to schedule the interview this am and found 1 available appointment in Ft. Lauderdale on 8-30 so I jumped on it. Next available appt in West Palm Beach was in October.

Thanks Coral. I got the approval to schedule the interview this am and found 1 available appointment in Ft. Lauderdale on 8-30 so I jumped on it. Next available appt in West Palm Beach was in October.

Congrats!!

If you want it sooner just drive to the west palm site tomorrow and get your name on the walkin list by about 2pm. Hang around while they finish those with "appointments" and then they will do the walk-ins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I just logged in to the Global Entry website since it's been exactly 6 weeks. Low and behold I was conditionally approved July 1. No email and I check my spam pretty frequently. Weird. They had my email on file. Now waiting for the 2 hour window that they are open to call and try to schedule an appointment. Nothing open until April 2017.

Cheers,

If you want it sooner just drive to the west palm site tomorrow and get your name on the walkin list by about 2pm. Hang around while they finish those with "appointments" and then they will do the walk-ins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I'll probably use the appt on the 30th as it's more convenient for me rather than waiting. I don't mind the drive.

Well I just logged in to the Global Entry website since it's been exactly 6 weeks. Low and behold I was conditionally approved July 1. No email and I check my spam pretty frequently. Weird. They had my email on file. Now waiting for the 2 hour window that they are open to call and try to schedule an appointment. Nothing open until April 2017.

Cheers,

I applied last Thursday and was approved to schedule interview on Monday. Found a cancellation on 8/30 but in FLL, an hour or so drive. Why don't you just schedule appt on the web site?

I had my interview at LAX on Aug 1st and was approved. How long does it typically take to receive the actual Global Entry card in the mail?

From what I've read on this thread, you can start using your number within about an hour after your interview. Your KTN will actually be the number assigned to you when you received conditional approval (prior to interview). Your actual card should come about 2 wks after your interview.

From what I've read on this thread, you can start using your number within about an hour after your interview. Your KTN will actually be the number assigned to you when you received conditional approval (prior to interview). Your actual card should come about 2 wks after your interview.

Thank you for the quick response. For some reason I had in my mind it took a week to receive the card. The day after the interview I added my KTN to 2 airline reservations I have booked.

Thank you for the quick response. For some reason I had in my mind it took a week to receive the card. The day after the interview I added my KTN to 2 airline reservations I have booked.

My card arrived in one week.

We are really thinking about getting Global Entry cards. We live in Henderson, NV (Las Vegas). Where would we have to go for an interview?

The nearest would be at McCarren Airport (Las Vegas).

Hank

I applied last Thursday and was approved to schedule interview on Monday. Found a cancellation on 8/30 but in FLL, an hour or so drive. Why don't you just schedule appt on the web site?

That was the next appointment on the website for Salt Lake City.

We had approval by the time we got home from Atlanta. The card came in the mail 6 days later (Monday interview, card came Sat.). You need to activate the card by internet with GOES site, otherwise it will not be really active.

The Atlanta site (Port Authority, not airport) does not do walk-ins. Someone came in and asked while we were waiting.

Just returned from my interview. Arrived at the Port of Palm Beach at 10:10 am. I was the only applicant there - was finished and OTD by 10:20. My KTN was activated before I hit I-95 north. A total of 10 days from application to finished process. :D:D:D:D:D

I mentioned to the agent that I saw in the printed information that the photo was for biometric scanning at the kiosks and wondered when they would start doing iris scanning (LOL). He told us it's being done now:cool:

Coming soon at a kiosk near you...iris scans. :D

Funny you would mention this, as we have appointments tomorrow, and the directions say...

"Iris capture will be taken at locations which offer this service. Contact lenses MUST be removed to participate in this portion of the enrollment"

We'll find out in the morning if our site has the service or not!

:D

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN