Gratuity question

Jo and Rob

If they do not allow you to increase the auto tips, you can simply get envelopes from the front desk to provide any additional gratuities for those you feel deserve additional. We used the envelopes for our stateroom attendant and a couple of servers.

Am I right in thinking that if you have select dining tips are automatically added to your account and can't be altered and with fixed dining the can be?

Celebrity changed this policy....now you don't have to pre

pay for select dining...just added to your account daily......if you prefer to pay cash this option is available too....Celebrity will give you envelopes to pay with.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Celebrity changed this policy....now you don't have to pre

pay for select dining...just added to your account daily......if you prefer to pay cash this option is available too....Celebrity will give you envelopes to pay with.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

If in select, as OP is asking, who do you give the gratuities to? I believe the only thing that changed is that select no longer has to pre-pay, but I do believe the gratuities are added on a daily basis. Can they be adjusted? I'm not sure.

If you've already pre-paid gratuities via a perk of booking, that means no more gratuities will be added to your account right? (unless you buy drinks obviously). So if I get exceptional service it is up to me to add something extra, but other than that nothing will be added on each day? We have select dining and probably will not eat in the MDR every night.

If you have prepaid gratuities as a perk, nothing else is required. However, we pack thank-you cards and give extra in those to the crew members that have given us great service.

Am I right in thinking that if you have select dining tips are automatically added to your account and can't be altered and with fixed dining the can be?

Jo,

Regarding dining, it doesn't matter either way, the grats are automatically added to your seapass account daily, unless you prepay or have them as a perk ;).

Edited by villauk

Gratuities are the same for both, no difference anymore. They can be removed completely or you can alter them up.