Cruising in February

We have booked a cruise to the Caribbean for March 2017 not realising as we are from the UK that it clashes with college Spring break. I'm now looking at changing our cruise to 13th February 2017. Would this be a good time with minimal children on board? It's an 11 night Caribbean sailing on Serenade of the Seas.

We have booked a cruise to the Caribbean for March 2017 not realising as we are from the UK that it clashes with college Spring break. I'm now looking at changing our cruise to 13th February 2017. Would this be a good time with minimal children on board? It's an 11 night Caribbean sailing on Serenade of the Seas.

Even in March you will not find that many kids on an 11 day cruise. Spring breaks are only 1 week long.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The length of the cruise and the fact that it's not in March makes it much less likely to have lots of young people.

But, in Feb. we have President's week. Schools usually have a 4 day weekend, usually the 3rd week in Feb. Early Feb or early Mar are good. The week you picked is Valentine's Day..........for lovers on the 14th, not bad either. Have a great cruise:)

President's week is about a week later than your dates--you should be fine. Even last year's President's week on Celebrity there were about 5 kids (I'm a teacher so I'm sensitive to this on vacation lol!)

We were on Serenade for an 11 day this past March. I think there were maybe 5-10 children on the whole ship. They were not the age that would be running around unattended. No college students. The demographics definitely tilted to an older crowd. I really wouldn't worry about staying on your March itinerary.

Edited by TigerCruzin

We also did Serenade this past Feb. Great weather,great seas,great cruise.We try to do a Feb. cruise every year. Book hotel and cruise early as the prices rise and sometimes sell out. We have one booked for 2017 and 2018. Enjoy

Keep your 11 day in March. March break is typically a week and so there wont be many kids on an 11 day cruise. Additionally, most March breakers do the 3 or 4 day cruise.

You'll be fine in March and the weather will be a bit warmer - I'd keep the March date.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Longer cruises have older clientele....younger kids, especially, or young families usually don't take longer cruises...can't afford them!

ALL cruises sail full...so the number of passengers will be the same, no matter WHAT time of year you sail...the ship is no more "crowded" then, than any other time. There should be fewer kids on an 11 nighter, tho....as stated before!

In my experience the weather is better in February than in March. I also agree with many of the other fine folks here in that the longer the cruise there will be fewer kids.

No matter what you decide you will have a great trip!

JoeRum

I would change to Feb.