Soda and more package - where can you get hot chocolate?

snoopy5386

We are cruising to Alaska this summer, so I think I might actually use this benefit! Where can you get hot chocolate on the ship? And if we didn't get the soda package, how much is an individual hot chocolate?

Thank you!

Yes international cafe has it at the coffee bar. If you have the unlimited soda card it also covers hot chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note--unlimited soda card is no longer sold on line in advance. I've read here that it can still be purchased on the ship which is what I plan to try to do. The difference is $5 per day vs. $8 per day.

Is the hot chocolate good? Ot is it "instant?"

Edited by moki'smommy

just returned from the Star and I purchased the soda and more package and had hot chocolate everyday, many times during the day. You can get it at any bar and also at the IC. At the IC.. they have the powder if a large glass bowl with a lid, they add a little hot water to mix it up, and then add hot milk... very creamy and frothy!! YUM YUM :)

From packets huh? Hmmm maybe we will just bring our own packets then.

Two packets to 8oz hot water matches the HC machines found in other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My wife gets a coffee card and uses it to get a 16 oz.hot chocolate every morning. It taste pretty good, rich and creamy. They also have it in the MDR just ask for it. Also in the MDR ask for the kids menu, they've got some great items on that menu for kids and the big kids too.

It was four years ago now, but on our last cruise to Alaska on the Golden there was complementary hot chocolate on the HC. Is that still being offered?

This isn't the same as the Royal and Regal which have hot chocolate dispensers in the HC year round. But those two ships don't sail to Alaska so that is no help to the OP.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Yes international cafe has it at the coffee bar. If you have the unlimited soda card it also covers hot chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that the unlimited soda package only includes fountain gun soft drinks. You would need to get the unlimited soda and more package to get hot chocolate.