Milestone cruise

volmoma

I will be sailing my 25 milestone next month, do you automatically get your milestone card at check-in or do you have to tell them? Thanks n advance!!

Edited by volmoma

My 25th milestone cruise was on the Glory Journeys 21 day B2B last January. I was given a white card at checking, and while at guest services for some reason I can't recall now, they exchanged my S&S card for a white card that had the number 25 in the lower right corner.

It was a nice gesture. Took a few months to get the letter acknowledging it along with the instructions on how to apply the 25% OBC to a future cruise.

We achieved our double milestone in February and received our white card at check in with the number 50 on it. No one during the entire cruise ever said anything about it but at least we have the card. Congratulations!

Yes, it will be there when you check in. It's your S&S card. They aren't going to print a "regular" card for boarding and then have you get a new one at the service desk. Why would they duplicate the work?

Just had my Milestone on the Vista Inaugural. Unfortunately, the card didn't print very well and there are gaps in the letters. Took a photo to include in the review I'm writing but haven't uploaded it yet.

In the bottom right corner, it says 25; under that is PLATINUM; and under that is *MILESTONE*.

There were lots of Diamonds on that sailing, so my white card didn't receive any attention from the crew/staff. Wasn't expecting it. I don't sail to have people say, "Ohhhh, look at you with your white card! Aren't you Special!?" :p

Yes, it will be there when you check in. It's your S&S card. They aren't going to print a "regular" card for boarding and then have you get a new one at the service desk. Why would they duplicate the work?

Just had my Milestone on the Vista Inaugural. Unfortunately, the card didn't print very well and there are gaps in the letters. Took a photo to include in the review I'm writing but haven't uploaded it yet.

In the bottom right corner, it says 25; under that is PLATINUM; and under that is *MILESTONE*.

There were lots of Diamonds on that sailing, so my white card didn't receive any attention from the crew/staff. Wasn't expecting it. I don't sail to have people say, "Ohhhh, look at you with your white card! Aren't you Special!?" :p

I wasn't looking for special treatment. I have had many crew members comment on my Platinum card before, saying things like "Welcome Back", "Thank you for the loyalty", etc. I guess I just thought that at least one person would comment "Wow, 25 cruises", but nothing. Like I said, I don't care about recognition, I was just surprised.

This was a simple question I needed an answer to. I received the answer to my question n the first few replies. No need for your nastiness, but there always has to be one or two . As far as being treated special, believe me when I say this, I get enough from my husband of 43 years. God bless.

I wasn't looking for special treatment. I have had many crew members comment on my Platinum card before, saying things like "Welcome Back", "Thank you for the loyalty", etc. I guess I just thought that at least one person would comment "Wow, 25 cruises", but nothing. Like I said, I don't care about recognition, I was just surprised.

Same rings true here, as for special treatment. But you would think a Welcome Back or two. [emoji4]

We achieved our double milestone in February and received our white card at check in with the number 50 on it. No one during the entire cruise ever said anything about it but at least we have the card. Congratulations!

Thank you! I hope I can reach my 50. I started late to cruising, 2005, but I'm hoping to make up for lost time. LOL Congrats on your 50!!

Getting back to port, the port guard said, "Wow, never seen that color before!" Not many get their white cards on four day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This was a simple question I needed an answer to. I received the answer to my question n the first few replies. No need for your nastiness, but there always has to be one or two . As far as being treated special, believe me when I say this, I get enough from my husband of 43 years. God bless.

I sure didn't see anything nasty in the comment. Toes a bit long?

Same rings true here, as for special treatment. But you would think a Welcome Back or two. [emoji4]

Sail out of Long Beach. Not many white cards out here, still a novelty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good grief. Humor, people, humor.

I joked a lot about "special" treatment on that cruise since it seemed about 50% were Platinum/Diamond. You're all welcome to read my comments about people's behavior during the long, slow embarkation in my ongoing review thread.

I did get plenty of "Welcome Back" and "Welcome Home" comments but nothing specifically about the Milestone card.

I don't see that there's anything wrong in expecting special treatment on a milestone cruise. After all how many can one person have?

Thanks to the good people on this board I knew not to expect anything special and they were right.

Worst possible guarantee balcony assignment. No special mention of it from guest services or anyone else. Nothing at the past guest party. This was from Long Beach.

She wasn't being nasty, some peoples sense of humor gets misinterpreted.

Pat

I sure didn't see anything nasty in the comment. Toes a bit long?

I took the last part of your post to imply that I wanted to be treated SPECIAL and LOOK AT ME... Just saying.