New to MSC; Divina formal nights?

Black_Sheep

We just returned from the Divina. We saw a bit of everything with the majority of men wearing suits, although we saw a few tuxes and a few with button shirts and slacks. There was one man wearing a tuxedo looking t-shirt with jeans and they didn't turn him away at the MDR.

We also saw A LOT of people skipping formal night. We went to the buffet to grab dessert and it was packed with people in shorts and t shirts having a casual dinner

What's the dress for men on "formal nights"? I've heard it's relatively "informal," which is 100% okay for me! Please advise.

Lots do dress up but you don't have to , pants and a shirt will do. Some people wear shorts all week long and go to the mdr except on gala night.

What's the dress for men on "formal nights"? I've heard it's relatively "informal," which is 100% okay for me! Please advise.

First night I wore a tux, second night I wore linen pants and a Hawaiian style button down shirt. I think as long as you have pants, a shirt, and shoes you will have no problems.

Saw a few tuxes. More suits and jackets than you see on Carnival. Some men with dress slacks and shirt, and a few with just neat pants and a button up shirt. What ever code they have written is largely not enforced. However, I did see two men get turned away by the Maitre 'D that were in shorts and tee shirts. They must have been European, because they didn't pitch a fit over it, they just left.

Now that we have covered the men, how "formal" are women dressing? We will be on the Divina in less than 2 weeks and I don't know whether to take long dresses, cocktail dresses, or dressy pantsuits. Help!!

Where what you are comfortable in. I did not notice many ladies dressed to the nines. I don't think I saw one formal gown (like you'd see mother-of-the-bride, etc..). There were lots of cocktail dresses and pantsuits. I wore a skirt and top with bling one night and flowy linen pants with a tunic and scarf another night and totally fit in the norm.

• 1 year later...
How many formal nights on seven day cruise?

here is the info you want

NB the dress code is suggested not compulsory. so you can wear anything you like and are comfortable with, with the exception of shorts, swimwear and tank tops

dress%20code.jpg

Number of formal nights

Number of Formal Nights:-

There's

one formal night on four- to six-night cruises,

two on seven- to nine-night cruises,

three on 10- to 14-night cruises

four on cruises of 15 nights or longer.

PE

ete