RCCL Cancelled Cruises - What to Expect?

We've never had a cruise cancelled on us before, now it looks like we will have two.:(

Would RCCL offer replacement cruises, with more than one choice. If you can't take a replacement choice, is there any future cruise credit offered which could be used to offset the fare for a later cruise? What does price protection mean?

Or will be offered nothing, just our deposit returned? Does a cancellation notice come directly to us, or to a TA?

Starting to look at alternate options :mad:

Rule #1....Do not cancel or move your cruise until you have heard from Royal.

Some sort of compensation will be offered. They will usually offer you a small selection of what they deem comparable cruises that are price protected, meaning that you can switch to a different cruise at no additional cost.

They will also offer some amount of OBC that is yours whether you pick one of their sailings or book a different sailing at going rates.

If you are close to the sail date they may also offer to pay airline change fees.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We had a cruise cancelled. We were informed direct as we booked direct so not sure but assume info would go to TA if booked through them. A small selection of alternatives with price guarantee i.e. Same cabin cat at same price offered with obc based on cabin type that was cancelled.

Some sort of compensation will be offered. They will usually offer you a small selection of what they deem comparable cruises that are price protected, meaning that you can switch to a different cruise at no additional cost.

They will also offer some amount of OBC that is yours whether you pick one of their sailings or book a different sailing at going rates.

Of you are close to the sail date they may also offer to pay airline change fees.

You beat me to it :D

Of you are close to the sail date they may also offer to pay airline change fees.

I like your politically correctness:D

On the last cruise that got cancelled we were offered a choice of price protection on three different cruises none of which went to Key West which was one of the two stops on the original sailing. We were also offered some OBC

Edited by molly361

They will offer you squat for your time and hassle. Probably a few bucks as an on board credit and a couple ships where you can try to book a similar room type. Let's face it, it is "business" and the passengers are only there to pay the bills......good luck and sorry this had to happen to you on your first trip.

...and P.S. they won't pay any airline change fee if you already made the reservations on your own.

When our Indy cruise was cancelled for January, they gave us 3 cruises to choose from and a $100 OBC. Not a big deal for us, we moved it to the Feb one they offered. But we got an E3 instead of the hump E2 we originally had. What they guarantee is if you booked a balcony you get a balcony, but it is the lowest price one they have if it is more expensive than what you originally booked. In our case it was so we got a Deck 8 E3 instead of a Deck 8 E2 hump.

Not an issue, we loved the cruise.

Don't count on the offered cruises working for you.

We were booked on other RCL ships at the times they gave us, another time we were on a TA and the ship canceled to be our B2B, the substitute was offered in June. We were going on the TA in April:rolleyes: to change to the B2B Med. cruise after it.

Have something in mind to move your canceled cruise reservation to when they call.

I have 12 cruises booked, including 2 on the Rhapsody that they are supposedly cancelling. I book all my cruises the first day they are released. Will they let me apply the OBC to an already booked cruise? Also, one of the Rhapsody cruises was booked with a NCC, will they let me switch that to one of the already booked cruises, so I don't lose the OBC?

I have 12 cruises booked, including 2 on the Rhapsody that they are supposedly cancelling. I book all my cruises the first day they are released. Will they let me apply the OBC to an already booked cruise? Also, one of the Rhapsody cruises was booked with a NCC, will they let me switch that to one of the already booked cruises, so I don't lose the OBC?

I have not heard of anyone being able to apply the offered OBC to another cruise. As far as moving your NCC to an akready booked cruise I suspect that this would mean a cancellation and rebooking as the reservation numbers would need to change and thusly trigger a repricing.

I would think any OBC on a cancelled cruise has to go with that reservation # if you move it to something else.

I don't know about moving the NCC OBC to another Reservation #. It goes with that booking #.

You could cancel your already booked cruise and then apply the Cancelled reservation# with the OBC to that cruise but then it could be at a new price from what you may have paid??

They usually call you around 2 weeks after the Sold Out or N/A is on the web page. If you go to the Roll Call for your cruise, others there may have had a call or alert everyone when they do?

They will offer you squat for your time and hassle. Probably a few bucks as an on board credit and a couple ships where you can try to book a similar room type. Let's face it, it is "business" and the passengers are only there to pay the bills......good luck and sorry this had to happen to you on your first trip.

...and P.S. they won't pay any airline change fee if you already made the reservations on your own.

I've gotten reimbursed an airline change fee and I booked myself.

I needed to provide documentation (credit card statement) but they

did reimburse me the fee. (Which means you will need to know what

flight you are changing to when you deal with the airlines. )

As people said, what until they reach out to you.

In mid May I was notified that RCI had canceled two Navigator cruises I had booked for April 2018. The offered a few Navigator sailings. One I had booked was a 9 night which they offered $200 OBC and $100 OBC for the 5 night I had booked.

I chose to move my 9 night Navigator to 7 night Oasis and the $200 OBC went with it. For the 5 night I cancelled but moved the deposit monies to one of my other cruises. The booking number from the original booking stayed the same for the new booking.

Edited by emmy