Why we are loyal to Celebrity Cruise lines

Phxazzcruisers

We are on the Infinity that had the accident yesterday in Ketchikan.

No one was injured and we were able to dock about 2 1/2 hours later than set time. The Captain stayed in port for an extra 2 1/2 hours so people could explore the town.

The Captain again apologized today for the incident and told us all about the credit we are getting because they did not meet their standards of an excellent cruise. Celebrity is giving EVERY passenger a credit to their on board account that is refundable. The amount of the credit relates to the type of room they booked. Also, anyone that booked an excursion will receive a full refund for the price paid.

We really appreciate this and it is another reason we are loyal to the line.

Obviously, the Infinity made a bad situation good. I commend them for doing the right thing. As for me, I am elite plus....and I am not very happy about my most recent cruise. I was on the Summit May 1st. We left Bermuda on Thursday, missing a whole day in Bermuda. Captain told us it was due to a storm warning....that was lifted after we left. I got NOTHING. Not even the port charges. My next 2 cruises are not on Celebrity.

Obviously, the Infinity made a bad situation good. I commend them for doing the right thing. As for me, I am elite plus....and I am not very happy about my most recent cruise. I was on the Summit May 1st. We left Bermuda on Thursday, missing a whole day in Bermuda. Captain told us it was due to a storm warning....that was lifted after we left. I got NOTHING. Not even the port charges. My next 2 cruises are not on Celebrity.

Sorry to hear that. We have been on others that missed ports due to weather. If it is an act of god, we got nothing..... but if it the fault of the captain, as once before in the past, they take great care of you.

Thanks for posting, Phxazzcruisers. I think Capt. Berdos did the best he could with a very unfortunate situation. I read an account where if he hadn't done what he did, you would have crashed into the HAL ship that was parked to your stern.

Docks and ships can be repaired. People's lives cannot.

And, kudos to Celebrity for taking care of all of you on board!

We have sailed with Captain Berdos twice, were fortunate enough to have dinner with him on our first sailing with him. Over a year later we were on a sailing with him and he recognized us and stopped us to chat. I can't imagine him doing anything that he thought had any chance of injury to anyone or damage to property.

We have sailed with Captain Berdos twice, were fortunate enough to have dinner with him on our first sailing with him. Over a year later we were on a sailing with him and he recognized us and stopped us to chat. I can't imagine him doing anything that he thought had any chance of injury to anyone or damage to property.

We have sailed with Captain Berdos many times and have the same high opinion of him

Thanks for posting, Phxazzcruisers. I think Capt. Berdos did the best he could with a very unfortunate situation. I read an account where if he hadn't done what he did, you would have crashed into the HAL ship that was parked to your stern.

Docks and ships can be repaired. People's lives cannot.

And, kudos to Celebrity for taking care of all of you on board!

You are exactly correct. We were in the penthouse at the rear of the ship and thought we were going to hit the HAL ship. It was a very near miss. He and his crew did a great job under the circumstances.

It was great meeting hime nd dining with him. He is a class act !!!

We really appreciate this and it is another reason we are loyal to the line.

I'm really glad to hear that Celebrity has done the right thing.

On our first Celebrity cruise, my friend got very sick just as we were boarding and ended up in the medical center and then taken to a Miami hospital by squad and missed the cruise. A Celebrity rep called her twice during her hospital stay and then they gave her a credit in the amount of her full cruise fare to use on another cruise!! They certainly didn't have to do that, but we were very impressed and grateful. Made us appreciate Celebrity.

We also had a fire on our last cruise with Princess. They really stepped up to the plate too. Everyone got a full cash refund for the cruise (even though we still got to continue on till the end), free airfare if you wanted to fly home early, a 25-50% credit toward another cruise and $200 OBC for that cruise! We love Princess too. :D