Extra Service and No Charge!!

CRUISEWITHH

We just got off the Star Princess after a wonderful week on the land portion. Since it was cold in Alaska, my husband took his very warm and expensive jacket. While on the land portion, he ripped about a 5" seam under one of the arms. As soon as we got on the ship I asked our stateroom steward if it could be repaired on ship.

He took the jacket and in 2 days it was back in our cabin with a beautiful repair done on it. I asked our steward what the charge was going to be and he said "nothing". I checked our room charges and didn't see any charge for the tailor.

I asked the passenger services desk to please forward my envelope (with tip enclosed) to the wonderful tailor who had repaired the jacket.

With all the extra charges that most people complain about on-board, I thought I would let all my Cruise Critic friends know about my extra service that came with no charge.

Helen

Hi

The ships tailors are unsung heroes, when my luggage was lost,

was given a rental tux but did not fit, enter ships tailor an hour custom

fit.

He said they do lots of onboard repairs mainly to soft furnishings.

yours Shogun

Helen & Jerry,

Glad you got such good service. We will be on the Star starting July 23. I am not sure who was your captain, but we will have Stafano Rivera. We sailed with him a few times on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess.

Helen & Jerry,

Glad you got such good service. We will be on the Star starting July 23. I am not sure who was your captain, but we will have Stafano Rivera. We sailed with him a few times on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess.

Captain Stefano Ravera was on board for the 32 days I was just on as well. Great captain!!

Enjoy your cruise to Alaska!! :)

We just got off the Star Princess after a wonderful week on the land portion. Since it was cold in Alaska, my husband took his very warm and expensive jacket. While on the land portion, he ripped about a 5" seam under one of the arms. As soon as we got on the ship I asked our stateroom steward if it could be repaired on ship.

He took the jacket and in 2 days it was back in our cabin with a beautiful repair done on it. I asked our steward what the charge was going to be and he said "nothing". I checked our room charges and didn't see any charge for the tailor.

I asked the passenger services desk to please forward my envelope (with tip enclosed) to the wonderful tailor who had repaired the jacket.

With all the extra charges that most people complain about on-board, I thought I would let all my Cruise Critic friends know about my extra service that came with no charge.

Helen

That was very nice of them.

Helen & Jerry,

We have sailed with Stafano Ravera twice this year--fortunate enough to dine with him twice. An extraordinary man who made GREAT decisions and kept us fully informed during our 31-day South American cruise. His brother is also a cruise captain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Helen & Jerry,

Hi Paul

Yes we had Captain Ravera on the Star last week. I mentioned to hom that we had been with him on the Tahitian/Ocean. We were #13 (with my 454 days) on the MTP and they only had a cocktail party, but Oh! what a cocktail party. Too bad we had just finished dinner. They had the most fantastic hor d'oeuvres and crepe suzettes. It was held up in Skywalkers from 7:30-8:15 p.m.

Helen

Helen

How did you like the Star - can you give us any insight? I'll be on her Next Year - so far away

Helen & Jerry,

Capt. Rivera is great. Been on 2 cruises with him on the Star. He is very present on deck and comfortable and friendly with passengers. Have a great time!

How did you like the Star - can you give us any insight? I'll be on her Next Year - so far away

We enjoyed the Star. The first positive for us is the Vista Lounge which is a big improvement over the Club Fusion. Vista Lounge can serve as a secondary venue for stage productions with a wonderful seating plan. We hate the Club Fusion which has TV screens for you to see the speaker/entertainers. Club Fusion is just a waste of area and hard to negotiate.

The Star has the Crown Grill forward which I think makes it a little more private.

The passenger capacity for the Star is 2600 compared to the Crown at 3082.

On the crown there is a dedicated Library on Deck 7 and on the Star it is part of the Internet Café on Deck 5.