Alcoholic drinks in your room

Snappy001

Someone told me that if I had any class I'd never walk around the ship, and into the MDR, with a drink in my hand.

Guess it's luck I've got no class:D.

I see this ALL the time (do it sometimes too). That's a lot of low class people wandering around!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone told me that if I had any class I'd never walk around the ship, and into the MDR, with a drink in my hand.

Guess it's luck I've got no class:D.

it's done on land based restaurants all the damn time. so I cannot understand that mentality. hell, we once did the Chef's table thingy on Royal and we met outside the MDR, in a roped off area of the lounge where we had cocktails served to us and were told to bring them in with us as we trekked our way back to the separate area in the MDR past all those unwashed masses.....

I would not call it low class, but it was never acceptable to bring a drink into a restaurant from another venue on a ship and especially at home. The restaurants have a bar assigned to them and the drinks should come from that bar. Now if that bar is right outside of the restaurant then it is all right.

The times of proper and sometimes courteous manners have long since left cruise ships. Things are different now. Cruising is "more fun" and less structured if you will. I liked the old and the new equally.

Sure, take your drink wherever you want.

If you get a drink package that allows you unlimited drinks -- note that if you have a drink DELIVERED to you in your room via room service you'll have to pay. If you go to a bar and bring the drink to your room it'll be free.

Other than that -- drink whatever you want wherever you want to.

I don't know RCL policy but Princess allows you to bring on 1 bottle of wine per person with no corkage fee however it must be consumed in your cabin. I would look into their rules and policies regarding that

Edited by anthonyy7

it's done on land based restaurants all the damn time. so I cannot understand that mentality. hell, we once did the Chef's table thingy on Royal and we met outside the MDR, in a roped off area of the lounge where we had cocktails served to us and were told to bring them in with us as we trekked our way back to the separate area in the MDR past all those unwashed masses.....

More can I, but then I've never had class.

I would not call it low class, but it was never acceptable to bring a drink into a restaurant from another venue on a ship and especially at home. The restaurants have a bar assigned to them and the drinks should come from that bar. Now if that bar is right outside of the restaurant then it is all right.

The times of proper and sometimes courteous manners have long since left cruise ships. Things are different now. Cruising is "more fun" and less structured if you will. I liked the old and the new equally.

There is a big difference between taking a drink from Joe's Bar & Grill into Morton's Steakhouse and taking a drink from the Navigator's Sports Bar into the Navigator's MDR. The entire ship is all one venue. That is why the bill for both are charged to your Navigator's onboard account.

If you bring wine on board for your for your cabin, you have two options. Enjoy a glass in the cabin, if not finished take it with you to the bar or on into dinner.

You will see many people carrying their wine glass or cocktail entering the main dinning room.

Many people will begin an " Happy Hour " in the lounge before dinner & then carry any remaining libation with them for their next destination. Dinning Room, Upper Deck, meeting friends in a different location, etc.

Is this "CLASSY" I don't know. Certainly I am not offended, unless I end up wearing someone else's drink. Which has never happen to us in over 10 cruises.

Bottomline: Do whatever you are comfortable with... be reasonable...

Best cruises are enjoyed by people who are polite & respectful. When this happens throughout the ship it makes for a memorable cruise.

Happy Travels, John

Edited by onespots