How much water with mini bar set up?

u2harmony

My husband and I are booked in a full suite for a 7 day to Alaska on the Ruby - we don't drink so I will be asking to have the mini bar set up as all water.

Does anyone know how much water that would be and if that will be enough water for 2 adults for a 7 day cruise or should I pre-purchase more ahead of time? It seems to be very cheap to purchase water before your cruise but I am guessing much more expensive on board.

Thanks! :)

The all-water mini bar setup is eight 1.5 liter bottles. If you trade in your alcoholic beverages, they'll give you 1/2 liter bottles of water for each item traded. We always refill the water bottles with tap water. It's drinkable.

My husband and I are booked in a full suite for a 7 day to Alaska on the Ruby - we don't drink so I will be asking to have the mini bar set up as all water.

Does anyone know how much water that would be and if that will be enough water for 2 adults for a 7 day cruise or should I pre-purchase more ahead of time? It seems to be very cheap to purchase water before your cruise but I am guessing much more expensive on board.

Thanks! :)

After you board you have to call room service to request any changes that you want. You also have the option to exchange the entire set up for 2 coffee cards. Each card has 15 punches for espresso drinks plus unlimited brewed coffee and specialty hot teas for the entire cruise.

As mentioned on these boards many many times the ship's water is as good or better than bottled water, so all you require is a water bottle to fill if you wish to carry water around, or water in any DR or bar is free by the glass.

We exchanged our mini bar for water on our last cruise. We are elite and were in a suite so we got two mini bar setups. I asked for the 22 smaller bottles instead of the 8 larger bottles because I like the portable size of the smaller bottles. It was no problem.

Hello... I don't drink either, and change out my mini-bar for water. If you want the 1.5 liter bottles of water, you will receive 8 of them.

If you like Perrier, you will get 20 of these.

Hope that helps!

Happy cruising! :)

You will receive 8 mini-liquor bottles, 2 beers, 2 sparkling waters, 2 still waters, and 8 sodas, so you could do an exchange for a total of 22 waters. If you are elite, then you can double the number.
Just a minor correction. You only get 6 soft drinks so you would only get 20 half liter bottles of water for a total of 10 liters. The 8 larger bottles would be a total of 12 liters but the smaller bottles are more convenient. We don't drink soda so we get 6 more bottles of water which usually covers the need for water to bring ashore.

We are elite so we usually switch out most of our mini-bar (we keep the vodka because we need it for a penne recipe we make at home) and the whiskey (because husband likes it). The water usually lasts throughout the cruise, although we do drink the ship water through most of the day - we drink the bottled in the room and ashore. I usually carry a few bottles home.

You will receive 8 mini-liquor bottles, 2 beers, 2 sparkling waters, 2 still waters, and 8 sodas, so you could do an exchange for a total of 22 waters. If you are elite, then you can double the number.

You can have the dollar value in water... just ask, how many bottles I don't know. We usually exchange all the soda for water. We don't drink soda,

Just a minor correction. You only get 6 soft drinks so you would only get 20 half liter bottles of water for a total of 10 liters. The 8 larger bottles would be a total of 12 liters but the smaller bottles are more convenient. We don't drink soda so we get 6 more bottles of water which usually covers the need for water to bring ashore.

Oops!;) You are correct. It's two Sprites, two Cokes, and two tonic waters.:D

You can have the dollar value in water... just ask, how many bottles I don't know. We usually exchange all the soda for water. We don't drink soda,

On the small bottles it's one for one - not dollar value. FYI, you can't trade non-alcoholic for alcoholic (other than I think several for a bottle of wine), but you can trade an alcoholic for water.

So do you ask the room steward to exchange them when you get to room? if I ask to swap out for a coffee card is this the same card they sell on website under beverage package?

So do you ask the room steward to exchange them when you get to room? if I ask to swap out for a coffee card is this the same card they sell on website under beverage package?

Call Room Service. They make the switch..

Call Room Service. They make the switch..
As Kenswing posted, contact room service directly because they handle any changes to your mini bar. Asking your steward will just delay the process and take away from their duties maintaining 20 or so cabins. Yes, the card is the same card sold on the website or on board ship.

What diet soda drinks do they offer? Is it just diet Coke?

Could we exchange what's set up for diet soda and water? How many of each would we get?

Thanks very much for any help. Our first time elite in a few weeks time.

Could we exchange what's set up for diet soda and water? How many of each would we get?

Not sure what diet soda they offer but the exchange is one for one. (Not sure about the big bottles of water). So if you trade all 8 of your mini liquor bottles you'll get 8 water or diet soda.

You can pre-order (for $6.90) 12 half-liter bottles of water, if you water as well as the minibar. This water package is only available prior to cruising and cannot be purchased on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The diet soda choices are Diet Coke and Diet Sprite.

The Elite/Suite minibar consists of 20 items, 10 alcoholic and 10 non alcoholic. The alcoholic items are 2 beers and 8 mini liquor bottles (50ml). You can exchange any of the alcoholic items for any of the other alcoholic items or any of the non alcoholic items. You can only exchange the non alcoholic items for other non alcoholic items. What ever you decide, it is a total of 20 items, no more than 10 of which can be alcoholic.

The mini bar setup includes 2 Coke, 2 Sprite, 2 tonic water, 2 half liter bottles of water and 2 Perrier. In addition to those choices you should be able to get Diet Coke, Diet Sprite, soda water, ginger ale and possibly orange soda.

Edited by IECalCruiser