Bringing water onboard in NYC

C&F

Can one bring a case of bottled water onto the Gem? I understand the beverage package doesn't include bottled water and we like to bring them ashore.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can bring a whole suitcase filled with bottled water if you so desire.

But yes, the answer is you can.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the reply!

Can one bring a case of bottled water onto the Gem? I understand the beverage package doesn't include bottled water and we like to bring them ashore.

Tape a luggage tag on the case(s) of water and the porters will deliver it to your room.

But hold on to your keyboard,,,, because you will now get at least 20 comments about why bottled water is bad for you.

Edited by BirdTravels

I always bring a rolling duffle bag and put a case of water in there. I check it in with the porter.

We do the same thing...... my personal reason is that it protects the cases of water a little better than just slapping a tag on the case and at the end of the week it is an extra piece of luggage for dirty clothes or souvenirs etc.. just a personal preference and I'm sure just slapping a tag on the case works just as well for other people

and while the water is typically very good from the sink or buffet..... I've seen not so good water come from pipes etc on a ship

Edited by esm54687

So that is HOW you do it.

Can you explain WHY you do it?

I enjoy having clean fresh water at my convenience. When going out for an excursion it's easier to grab the bottles instead of trying to fill them in the little sink or getting water from buffet and pouring into empty bottles. At the end of the trip I have an extra bag to use.

Carnival has instituted a new water policy.

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Bottled Water

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this policy we have significantly reduced the pricing for (purified) bottled water which will be conveniently delivered directly to your stateroom. Once onboard, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.

Pricing is as follows:

$3.99 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for pre-cruise purchase. Please visit The Fun Shops at http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-room-beverages/water to place your order before your cruise to ensure we have an ample supply onboard.

$3.99 USD (plus gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for purchase onboard by contacting Room Service.

You can read all of it on their website. You can preorder a case of water to be delivered to you stateroom

I've brought a case of water on board 7 different cruises with NCL from NYC. The only way we've ever done it, is take heavy duty clear packing tape, attach a luggage tag right on the top of the case of water, and it always arrives with no problems. Enjoy :D

Water from room facet (April 2016)

NCL_Water.jpg

So what is the Paul Harvey - "The rest of the story" of when - what ship -

did this just occur after dry-dock - did you run the water to cycle this ugly

discolored water down the drain - where there other locations - cabin next

door - was the cabin steward notified - answer - reported to Hotel Director ?

"The rest of the story" Please ! I find this real hard to believe !!!!!

I was on the April 16 Spirit sailing. This is not my pic, but the water in my room was at least that dirty. Called Guest Relations and they said they were "changing the water source, and just run it until it was clear." Told the HD about it at the M&G the next morning, and he said they don't change the water source, there was nothing wrong with the water. "It is safe, it's the same water I use."

It was running clear by that morning. Only dirty like that the evening before. So I could not show him, wish I took photo.

Thankfully we had bottled water to drink and brush our teeth with.

And you shouldn't go cruising because the Costa Concordia sunk and several people died. Yes, anything is possible. Water from the tap on a cruise ship receives the same level of purification and treatment as the product in all of the plastic bottles you'll lug on board and pollute the planet with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We take bottled water because even the small amount of salt in the ship's water causes my DH's feet and hands to swell.

Mine too, my doctor told me not to drink the ship's water because of this. Not only do my hands and feet swell, the tubes in my ears swell and I get vertigo.

• 3 weeks later...

I confirmed with NCL that this weekend's sailing 7/10 will not be subject to the new policy effective 7/15. With that said, is it as simple as either slapping a baggage label on the 40 pack from Costco or putting them all in a roller luggage?

Thanks

I confirmed with NCL that this weekend's sailing 7/10 will not be subject to the new policy effective 7/15. With that said, is it as simple as either slapping a baggage label on the 40 pack from Costco or putting them all in a roller luggage?

Thanks

yes