Toast at Breakfast

Crazy thread topic i know, but we need a little light relief hey.How does everyone like their toast,bagel,croissant, at breakfast,hot,cold to the side or ,underneath with everything on top.Buttered :eek:un buttered,etc,etcHave fun.:)

Edited by mrs and mrs
spelling

I don't really like the toast on cruise ships. At home I use Burgen bread and there is nothing remotely like that onboard. On our last cruise I decided not to have toast with my eggs, I had two of the tiny hash browns instead.

Two slices of well browned Rye for me thanks :) If it's not out i always ask and as we always breakfast around 7.00 after our morning walk usually by day 4 the crew know exactly how i like my toast. ...:D

Liking this topic! Well, it's after 11PM here on a Saturday night in my tiny portion of Paradise, I've had a "few" tonight so mrs and mrs I'll add my 1 cent worth.

I don't do breakfast (I'm a brunch girl), but ... lately DH since he retired has taken to making me a slice of toast (with Vegemite of course) each morning. :rolleyes: So on our last cruise, on the first morning we go to the buffet and (out of habit) I ask for a piece of toast after previously collecting a sachet of Vegemite and some butter. Well, honestly, that toast was like a piece of 4 X 2! Don't know how long the bread had actually been alive on the ship, but it was as hard as the rocks o' hell ... and it was only slightly toasted!

Subsequently on this cruise, I just waited for lunch to eat. LOL felt much happier to eat when I was actually hungry. So, to answer your question mrs and mrs ... nope, I no longer try a piece of stale "something" hardly toasted on a cruise.:D

Have no idea what's wrong with those toasting machines on board, but they just don't do it? Ya know?

The toasters on Carnival Spirit are pathetic, in fact absolutely ****house.

I'm a great lover of a nice piece of toast with a soft poached egg spread over it and covered with a layer of scrambled egg.

On our last cruise, my sister-in-law introduced me to vegemite on toast with a poached egg on top....delicious! :p

My cousin loved a soft boiled egg with toast with vegemite about half an inch thick.

The problem i have is,i have to request my bagel,have it toasted,go sit down and butter it,then go back and get breakfast

.I love dropping a poached egg,in the hole.And then dipping that hard as tack bacon into the yolk.

I think that bacon is called American bacon,and is basically the tail end,cooked beyond the term of its natural life.

Its beyond crispy.lol.

Then a small spoonful of plastic egg,and one small sausage:eek:,never turkey though.:)

Toasted bagel, cream cheese and ham off the bone from the carving section of the buffet. Yummo. Wish I was on a cruise now.

I only like freshly cooked, hot toast. If the butter doesn't melt I don't like it.

On our last cruise, my sister-in-law introduced me to vegemite on toast with a poached egg on top....delicious! :p

My cousin loved a soft boiled egg with toast with vegemite about half an inch thick.

Egg, butter, vegemite, and good quality toast is a match made in heaven! The problem is finding good toast on a cruise ship. :(

Jeez, Gut. Hasn't anyone ever told you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day?

"Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince but dine like a pauper"

Unfotunately on cruises it becomes: breakfast like a king, lunch like a king, dine like a king! :eek: :D

Jeez, Gut. Hasn't anyone ever told you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day?

"Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince but dine like a pauper"

Unfotunately on cruises it becomes: breakfast like a king, lunch like a king, dine like a king! :eek: :D

You forgot, morning tea like a king

High tea like a king

Bedtime snack like a king

Midnight nibbles like a king

At home if it's a choice between another half hour in bed or breakfast the half hour snuggling with Mrs Gut comes up trumps.

😮Half an inch. Can't be Aussie then? In my experience the reason non Aussies hate vegemite is they spread it like jam. Just a smear for me. And agree - nice with an egg on toast.

😮Half an inch. Can't be Aussie then? In my experience the reason non Aussies hate vegemite is they spread it like jam. Just a smear for me. And agree - nice with an egg on toast.

100% Aussie he was' date=' and liked it thick, real thick, as does my daughter, now me I am [b']"THAT"[/b] Aussie, that really doesn't like it very much at all.

TOAST MUST NOT MINGLE WITH OTHER FOOD!

Or should I say... I won't eat toast if it has touched anything else on the plate :o... I like it with jam after my meal.

:eek::D:eek:

So use 2 plates maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums