Roll call missing/deleted?

Anyone ever have a roll call disappear? I realize it wasn't the most active, but still...😐 And yes, I contacted admins via email as requested, and received no response.

Which roll call?

Sometimes a thread does not display because the default is only to display threads that have had posts in the last 60 days.

Yes! How, why...argh! Never had that happen before😐

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

It was there but just wasn't showing unless you change the default at the bottom of the forum to shows older threads.

I actually found it by looking at your previous posts and saw the last time you posted to it. You can also find it by using the rollcall toll at the top of the forum that helps you find an existing rollcall.:)

Assuming you didn't unsubscribe, regardless of how old a thread is you can find it by looking up your subscribed threads.

I don't subscribe to any threads... I do this...

...I actually found it by looking at your previous posts...

Previous posts are listed for years and years, actually. Very easy to find what you have contributed to, unless it has been deleted by a moderator.

I don't subscribe to any threads.

I don't either with one exception: Roll Call threads. I find it handy to simply get the occasional e-mail of what's going in some future sailing. For the Quantum TA I didn't subscribe - that was a post whore extraordinaire thread (10,000+ posts in two separate threads)

I don't subscribe to any threads... I do this...

Previous posts are listed for years and years, actually. Very easy to find what you have contributed to, unless it has been deleted by a moderator.

Threads go back that long too, you just need to change the default at the bottom on the forum to show from the beginning. The point was, I was able to find it in the OP posts because she doesn't post 50+ posts a day and was able to find it quickly. I was just pointing out different ways for the OP to find the thread if it falls off the listing again since it is not a very active thread.

Anyone ever have a roll call disappear? I realize it wasn't the most active, but still...😐 And yes, I contacted admins via email as requested, and received no response.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

When was the last time you posted. Have you looked in your post history to see if it is there. Occasionally duplicate roll calls get started and the admins may consolidate them or possibly close one, but they usually leave a trail.

I was just pointing out different ways for the OP to find the thread if it falls off the listing again since it is not a very active thread.

Oh, I know - sorry mema, I didn't format my comments well enough for you to know that I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was agreeing with you - I search previous posts too - that's my go-to. :D

Oh, I know - sorry mema, I didn't format my comments well enough for you to know that I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was agreeing with you - I search previous posts too - that's my go-to. :D

No worries. I was trying to agree with you but sometimes it doesn't come across well.:)

I don't subscribe to any threads...
Aren't you automatically subscribed to any (and every) thread you post to? Is there a way to turn that automatic subscribing off? Or are you just saying that you don't subscribe to any thread that you have not posted to?

Thom

Aren't you automatically subscribed to any (and every) thread you post to? Is there a way to turn that automatic subscribing off? Or are you just saying that you don't subscribe to any thread that you have not posted to?

Thom

You can go into your UserCP and turn off auto-subscribing. It's under Edit Options, and Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Aren't you automatically subscribed to any (and every) thread you post to?

I don't subscribe to any threads. I can see which threads I have read because the links turn red, and I can see which threads I have posted in because there is a tiny little white arrow on the far left of the thread title... so no, I don't subscribe. :)