Boarding Time

Fishkillbill

Celebrity will send you a boarding time for the ship... You will follow it to a tee.:) (usually 11am or so)

Ha! you can almost always board a departing ship at 11AM although you likely will have to wait somewhere on-board until your cabin is ready (about 2pm). One advantage of getting there early is that you can find a place to sit in the buffet area and enjoy lunch which gets more difficult as more and more come on board, want to eat, have their carry on luggage and like you can't get to your cabin...so finding seats can become more difficult.

Ha! you can almost always board a departing ship at 11AM although you likely will have to wait somewhere on-board until your cabin is ready (about 2pm). One advantage of getting there early is that you can find a place to sit in the buffet area and enjoy lunch which gets more difficult as more and more come on board, want to eat, have their carry on luggage and like you can't get to your cabin...so finding seats can become more difficult.

Are you suggesting it's an advantage to board early so you can get a table at the buffet and occupy that table until such time as your cabin is ready? That's why it's difficult to get a seat if half the people are hogging their table for two hours.

We usually board between 11-12. It's a good time to have a quick bite to eat and spend time exploring the ship especially if you are like us and it's a new ship. All of our cruises (only five) have been on different ships, all Celebrity. We like to stop by the Specialty restaurants to make any reservations we want for the rest of the week. If you are interested in any of the classes in the gym, it's also a good time to sign up for those as some fill up fast (especially spin classes).

Are you suggesting it's an advantage to board early so you can get a table at the buffet and occupy that table until such time as your cabin is ready? That's why it's difficult to get a seat if half the people are hogging their table for two hours.

With many many cruises under our belts, we've finally reached the point where if you can't beat them, you might as well join them :)

With many many cruises under our belts, we've finally reached the point where if you can't beat them, you might as well join them :)

Now, that is funny, I don't care who you are. :D

Check out of hotel at 12,get a taxi to port, arrive at port, go thru security, go through check-in process, run the gauntlet of crew wanting to take pictures, upgrade beverage package, sell dining packages, get on ship, have Mimosa-now 1:00. Next stop Martini Bar-upgrade beverage package, have a drink-now 1:45. Cabins open-drop off carry-on luggage & go have relaxing lunch at a very uncrowded buffet. That's our plan & we are sticking to it😊

We are going to be on deck 7 and I got an email saying to check-in at 2:30. I am sorry but that is too late. We would hardly have time to eat and it would be a very late lunch. Can we still check-in and board early or is this a very strict policy? We have to leave our hotel at 11 so waiting beyond that time is just not possible with all of our luggage.

Just go when you are ready. The check-in lines begin to form between 10:30-11. The boarding time is "suggested". The majority of regular cruisers go when they feel like it and when it is convenient for them (like when you check out of your hotel).

Enjoy your cruise.

We are going to be on deck 7 and I got an email saying to check-in at 2:30. I am sorry but that is too late. We would hardly have time to eat and it would be a very late lunch. Can we still check-in and board early or is this a very strict policy? We have to leave our hotel at 11 so waiting beyond that time is just not possible with all of our luggage.

Also remember that many hotels will let you check out late without a charge if you ask. You know...if you don't want to schlepp your carry ons around prior to the rooms being available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything goes when that Whistle Blows , be on board before then. your Muster Drill is 3:PM I request the person telling you to change it. not us telling you go this and that. you're not a Local. and that is for a Local to board time Lol

We will be taking our first cruise this October, on Celebrity Summit out of Cape Liberty. Can anyone tell us when we can get on the boat. We will be on deck C3, concierge class.[/quote

For the Summit 10/2/16 and 10/16/16 sailings, guests may check in from 10:30am to 2:30pm.

They won't need to sit in the buffet, they can go to the Concierge lunch in the MDR ;).

Check out of hotel at 12,get a taxi to port, arrive at port, go thru security, go through check-in process, run the gauntlet of crew wanting to take pictures, upgrade beverage package, sell dining packages, get on ship, have Mimosa-now 1:00. Next stop Martini Bar-upgrade beverage package, have a drink-now 1:45. Cabins open-drop off carry-on luggage & go have relaxing lunch at a very uncrowded buffet. That's our plan & we are sticking to it

The only problem I see with that plan is that you are waiting a full 45 minutes between your mimosa and your first drink at the martini bar. :D

Edited by Cruise Raider

Recently Eclipse had to go through a deal clean before the present cruise. If you have had an email, there is probably a similar problem.

Check out of hotel at 12,get a taxi to port, arrive at port, go thru security, go through check-in process, run the gauntlet of crew wanting to take pictures, upgrade beverage package, sell dining packages, get on ship, have Mimosa-now 1:00. Next stop Martini Bar-upgrade beverage package, have a drink-now 1:45. Cabins open-drop off carry-on luggage & go have relaxing lunch at a very uncrowded buffet. That's our plan & we are sticking to it😊

Now this is my idea of a good boarding plan.......even if it's going to be our first X cruise in March 2017!!!! :) I do not like schlepping around my carry on luggage & will have 10 days to check out the ship :)

Now this is my idea of a good boarding plan.......even if it's going to be our first X cruise in March 2017!!!! :) I do not like schlepping around my carry on luggage & will have 10 days to check out the ship :)

The absolutely first thing we do upon boarding is go directly to the MDR (assuming one has fixed dining) to see exactly where our table is. Despite confirmation that we have a table for eight we have often discovered we in fact are at a table for four by the kitchen.

The maitre 'd holds court inside the dining room. His staff can show you your table and make changes if for example you want to be by a window.

Thank you for the info. So, we can get there sometime after 10:30 and then have lunch in the MDR.

Hi - when you check in at the cruise terminal you should receive an invitation for the Concierge lunch. We were in a Concierge stateroom on our recent Summit sailing, and the luncheon was held from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm.

The staterooms usually aren't ready until 1:00 or 1:30, so anything you are carrying on board as a "personal bag" you will have to keep with you until the staterooms are available. Just noticed that you said you were on deck C3, concierge class. The C3 is an indicator of the category of your Concierge stateroom, not the deck you will be on. On the Summit, all the Concierge staterooms are on Deck 8.

Some have said the Concierge level perks have little value, but we enjoyed them very much - especially being able to wait in the Revelations Lounge at disembarkation. And if you don't care for the afternoon snacks that are delivered, you can ask your room steward for different items - we got cheese/crackers/fruit each afternoon.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your first cruise.

Edited by MarKay525