Escape "waterfront"

What is the Waterfront? I keep seeing it mentioned in reviews, but I am still unclear as to what it is.

The waterfront is the open air promenade deck on Deck 8 with outside bars and seating for Specialty dining rooms. It's a wonderful place to relax during the day and watch the ocean go by, or have a nice dinner outside (assuming there is good weather).

It refers to the "walking area" on both sides of the ship (and almost the length of the ship) on deck 8. Several restaurants and bars have this area as part of their outdoor seating. Think of it as a "boardwalk" with people walking and areas where people are eating outdoors at restaurants or bars. Also some "smoking" areas and chairs/couches to sit down and people watch.

We loved the Waterfront deck on the Escape. A great place to sit out during the day and visit, read, watch the world go by and meditate.

It was too chilly to eat out on the deck but a drink at night at one of the outside bars was awesome.

Lynda

Thanks for sharing everyone. Looks like a great place to play cards with the family.

The waterfront is a great place to stroll, stop for drinks and relax or just find a lounge chair and enjoy watching the ocean. We have not been on the Escape, but my husband and I really liked the waterfront on the Breakaway and spent a lot of time there.

We sailed the week of May 12th and the Waterfront was fantastic. We took advantage of the 7:00 sail away by having dinner outside at Bayamo with a 6:30 reservation. We also booked a 6:00 dinner at Cagney's on Tuesday which was nice as we were leaving St. Thomas. I know some people say it can be too warm to eat outside, but being from Chicago it was never too hot for us. Especially once the ship starts to move, you'll start to feel a breeze.

The outside part of the 5 O'clock bar was also nice as well as the various seating that is spread out along the Waterfront. Its nice to have a drink and relax.

Can't wait to go back. We loved the Escape!

LrgPizza, in your pics, what's the area with the red cushions? Bayamo?

I have no idea. I simply found those on the internet. I'm not sure they are all the Escape even - some might be GA or BA. I just wanted to demonstrate what the Waterfront on NCL ships is.

I have no idea. I simply found those on the internet. I'm not sure they are all the Escape even - some might be GA or BA. I just wanted to demonstrate what the Waterfront on NCL ships is.

No worries. Will find out soon enough [emoji3]

LrgPizza, in your pics, what's the area with the red cushions? Bayamo?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anywhere you see padded couches and chairs it is just general Waterfront seating, not connected to any particular venue. The restaurant areas are behind the railings with the 4 top tables. The bars have a section with high top tables and for Five O'Clock Somewhere bar, maybe some small tables outside as well, I don't recall.

Anywhere you see padded couches and chairs it is just general Waterfront seating, not connected to any particular venue. The restaurant areas are behind the railings with the 4 top tables. The bars have a section with high top tables and for Five O'Clock Somewhere bar, maybe some small tables outside as well, I don't recall.

Fantastic info. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's also a place for loud obnoxious drunken people to have dinner, get up from their table and annoy other guests that are trying to have a nice quiet dinner.

They also can get away with less desirable attire.

We experienced the above twice on the Breakaway last Jan on 14 day cruise, to the point we ask to move inside.

It's also a place for loud obnoxious drunken people to have dinner, get up from their table and annoy other guests that are trying to have a nice quiet dinner.

They also can get away with less desirable attire.

We experienced the above twice on the Breakaway last Jan on 14 day cruise, to the point we ask to move inside.

Loud, obnoxious, drunken people also dine inside and annoy others, I'm sure, although we have never encountered this indoors or out. Ate outside twice on the Escape, no problems. The dress code inside and out is the same. Only Le Bistro requires long pants, and it has no Waterfront dining. All others, shorts are allowed both inside and out.

I try to be tolerant of others only having a good time, but if out of line, or not meeting the minimum casual dress code, NCL should have intervened. I would have complained to the HD.

Once you experience it, you will wonder why Cruise ships didn't have them years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed! I eat there every chance i get! Ive dined there probably 25 times, and not once experienced loud and obnoxious diners! thank God!

Edited by mrobstad

What is the Waterfront? I keep seeing it mentioned in reviews, but I am still unclear as to what it is.

I hope you have a great time. I was on the Escape this past December (about 6 weeks after she set sail), and I'm going on her again this coming February for my birthday!

I see that others have answered your questions about the Waterfront, so I hope that helped. I only ate outside once, and that was at Bayamo, and it was such a pleasant experience. It was a beautiful evening, and although I traveled alone, the staff was so nice and I even managed to have a couple of very nice conversations with them as far as my likes and dislikes about the ship overall. I wasn't disturbed (thankfully) by any drunks, and even the people strolling on deck weren't an issue. It was just such a nice change from being indoors.

I did the Waterfront one afternoon after getting some gelato - just sat out, watched the water go by and enjoyed my ice cream cone. :) Another evening, I took my drink and sat at a table outside the karaoke event at (I think) 5 O'Clock Somewhere.

Hope you get a chance to experience it!

The waterfront is the open air promenade deck on Deck 8 with outside bars and seating for Specialty dining rooms. It's a wonderful place to relax during the day and watch the ocean go by, or have a nice dinner outside (assuming there is good weather).

So it is really a waterside, not a waterfront?