A little bit of Butler Magic on the Breakaway

luvn2oxfrd

A lot seems to be posted about what a Haven Butler can and will do for you. I wanted to share our story of some Butler "magic."

Three weeks ago we sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda with our two sons and daughter, ages 9, 7 and nearly 2. The boys were very excited over having their "own" bedroom (2-bedroom villa) AND a butler! On our very first day, they found the note paper in the desk drawer and wrote a letter to Mr. Armando:

<<Dear Mr. Butler, we would like donuts for breakfast. Our parents approve. Thank you.>>

The letter went on the desk with every other paper, scrap, the dailies, flyers, etc...all this to say, it was not left in a conspicuous place for him to find. Armando did find it, however, and 3 days later, our first day in port, Mr. Armanda knocked on the door and presented the boys with a DOZEN donuts! You see, the Breakaway does not serve donuts on board. He had to wait three days until a chef could make them (or he ran into port and bought them!) Either way, the boys were ecstatic! I am sure this fulfilled some childhood fantasy. Armando continued to supply the boys with donuts while we were in port. He far exceeded any expectation I may have had. And he certainly made the boys' day, if not the cruise.

I think Armando needs to be punished for leaving the ship and going AWOL. He needs to be transferred to another ship immediately...preferably the Dawn in 36 days where I can give him a high 5 and experience his incredible level of service! Well done Armando!

Love your story! I can imagine how big those smiles were when your kids saw those donuts. We are in a 2 bedroom villa on Sunday in the Breakaway, wonder if we will have him. No kids coming this time with us, only us 2 big kids!

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

I quite like donuts myself and I'm sure my mom would approve so I might have to try this :). I wonder if this is the same Armando we had as a butler on one of our cruises; if so, I'm not at all surprised that he did this because he was wonderful.

A lot seems to be posted about what a Haven Butler can and will do for you. I wanted to share our story of some Butler "magic."

Three weeks ago we sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda with our two sons and daughter, ages 9, 7 and nearly 2. The boys were very excited over having their "own" bedroom (2-bedroom villa) AND a butler! On our very first day, they found the note paper in the desk drawer and wrote a letter to Mr. Armando:

<<Dear Mr. Butler, we would like donuts for breakfast. Our parents approve. Thank you.>>

The letter went on the desk with every other paper, scrap, the dailies, flyers, etc...all this to say, it was not left in a conspicuous place for him to find. Armando did find it, however, and 3 days later, our first day in port, e.

I would have been annoyed for him invading our privacy. He should not be going through anything that you left in an inconspicuous place.

Edited by cruzsnooze

I would have been annoyed for him invading our privacy. He should not be going through anything that you left in an inconspicuous place.

O please, give me a break, he is used to looking out for notes, he more then likely seen the Notepad with writing on it, and seen the request. In my own opinion he went above and beyond his call of duty to please a passenger.

How can you find fault with something like that? I feel sorry for the Butler that gets you for a guest, you sound like you could be a real pain in the you know what.