Family oceanview balcony for 7

We just booked a Family Oceanveiw with Balcony on the Oasis. The RCCL rep said he is pretty sure they can add a baby as a 7th person in the cabin. He spoke with his manager and he agreed that he thought they could but wanted to send a message to the boat for confirmation. I should add they stated the reason they are pretty sure they can is because the room is the same size as some suite (can't remember the type of suite) and that they knew they could do it for the suite. Also that the computer would normally say they could not do it but that message was saying it was permitted. Has anyone ran across this situation? We are still awaiting an answer from the ship but final payment is tomorrow and we would need to change the booking if the ship says no. Been waiting on the ship three days and they swear they will call us (of course I've already called to check up). The ship is in home port today so do you think today we will get an answer? Sorry I'm just super excited and want to get everything squared away.

I had a similar situation with RC recently where they booked my room and told me we would be fine with my son and then were told we would NOT be due to occupancy limits. I had spoken to five different people. I recommend you document everything including who you speak to.

It took two more rounds with resolutions and then escalating up the corporate ladder to get it resolved. (I was happy with the resolution).

Have them confirm the requirements on the crib...

I had a similar situation with RC recently where they booked my room and told me we would be fine with my son and then were told we would NOT be due to occupancy limits. I had spoken to five different people. I recommend you document everything including who you speak to.

It took two more rounds with resolutions and then escalating up the corporate ladder to get it resolved. (I was happy with the resolution).

Thank you for the advice. Fingers crossed.

I would be proactive about this. Do not wait for them to check / call.

From the sounds of it you booked direct with RC so they should have no problem dealing with you directly.

I know Resolutions Managers are working on Saturdays.

I would be proactive about this. Do not wait for them to check / call.

From the sounds of it you booked direct with RC so they should have no problem dealing with you directly.

I know Resolutions Managers are working on Saturdays.

You read my mind. Just got off the phone with a supervisor. She assured me that the 1st supervisor was trying his best to get an answer. That yesterday he felt he should have heard back and since he didn't he sent another email or whatever they do to add urgency to the matter. She told me he will be in today and she will personally work with him to get in contact with the ship and that even if we enter penalty phase they would not penalize us if we received a answer which would cause us to have to cancel and rebook another way.

even if we enter penalty phase they would not penalize us if we received a answer which would cause us to have to cancel and rebook another way.

Get that in writing! Make double sure it is in the account notes, get the names of everyone, and insist you get it in writing.

It seems to me that Royal should be splitting you into two standard balcony rooms at this point and not charge you additional; that would be the only satisfactory outcome to me if they are not willing to put in writing that you can have the room you booked without fear of being denied boarding.

Get that in writing! Make double sure it is in the account notes, get the names of everyone, and insist you get it in writing.

It seems to me that Royal should be splitting you into two standard balcony rooms at this point and not charge you additional; that would be the only satisfactory outcome to me if they are not willing to put in writing that you can have the room you booked without fear of being denied boarding.

They finally received an answer back from the Ship, after a week of trying and two final payment extensions, saying it was ok to add the infant. We are paid and ready to sail the Oasis!!!

The difference in them being able to accommodate an infant is... if that infant is going to be sleeping in a pack-n-play....RCI will (and has) allowed a booking into a cabin that was categorized for two and allowed an infant in a pnp also to be added. We had this situation in an OV cabin on Radiance but luckily they were able to upgrade to the FOV for just a few $$'s more just prior to final payment when that FOV became available online...lot's more room for the three of them :)

We just booked a Family Oceanveiw with Balcony on the Oasis. The RCCL rep said he is pretty sure they can add a baby as a 7th person in the cabin. He spoke with his manager and he agreed that he thought they could but wanted to send a message to the boat for confirmation. I should add they stated the reason they are pretty sure they can is because the room is the same size as some suite (can't remember the type of suite) and that they knew they could do it for the suite. Also that the computer would normally say they could not do it but that message was saying it was permitted. Has anyone ran across this situation? We are still awaiting an answer from the ship but final payment is tomorrow and we would need to change the booking if the ship says no. Been waiting on the ship three days and they swear they will call us (of course I've already called to check up). The ship is in home port today so do you think today we will get an answer? Sorry I'm just super excited and want to get everything squared away.

The difference is that LMaxwell's son is 3. acbat's child appears to be a baby.

They finally received an answer back from the Ship, after a week of trying and two final payment extensions, saying it was ok to add the infant. We are paid and ready to sail the Oasis!!!

How old is this "infant"? Under 6 mos. can't sail! Under 1 year can't do a transAtlantic or Pacific....

Oasis has no scheduled transoceanic voyages. :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

The difference is that LMaxwell's son is 3. acbat's child appears to be a baby.

He will be 3 at time of sailing. They still had him listed for a crib as there is no actual age limit on the crib (pack n play to be technical) but there are height and weight limits. But it's impossible to tell height and weight 2 years in the future of a infant/toddler/ankle biter.

But that said RC is the one that sold the room and did the booking, and it was their mistake and they did ultimately own up to it.

I'm glad RC was able to confirm for OP that they can do 7 in the room (oy!), but I still would not believe them for a second that they'd do a refund post final payment without having it in writing.

He will be 3 at time of sailing. They still had him listed for a crib as there is no actual age limit on the crib (pack n play to be technical) but there are height and weight limits. But it's impossible to tell height and weight 2 years in the future of a infant/toddler/ankle biter.

But that said RC is the one that sold the room and did the booking, and it was their mistake and they did ultimately own up to it.

I'm glad RC was able to confirm for OP that they can do 7 in the room (oy!), but I still would not believe them for a second that they'd do a refund post final payment without having it in writing.

acbat's child-in-the-room (not his, his sister's) is 7 months. I don't know if that's now or in September.

Oh, and my point was not "against" you. It was meant to reassure acbat, that his situation is different and should work out just fine.

acbat's child-in-the-room (not his, his sister's) is 7 months. I don't know if that's now or in September.

Yes the baby will be two days shy of 7 months on the day is sailing. They ended up not making us pay final payment until they were able to work everything out. So they extended the final payment date out twice. The seemed disturbed that it took so long to get an answer and kept commenting that the ship usually responds in a day or two. But none he less we're set and on to evaluating drink packages. Lol. Thanks everyone.