European Cruise - can I wing excursions?

So, my next cruise stops in Corfu, Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Kotor and Zadar.

So far, I only have a tour for Athens booked (through my roll call) and a tentative one booked for Kotor (based on enough people signing up)

My roll call has been very slow and I don't expect any other small group tour opportunities to come from it. Is there an option with these particular ports just to show up and find a tour at the port? I don't need to see any particular sights and the only other port I may splurge on is Santorini (#2 on my bucket list cities!)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :D

I would not "wing it"

Sometimes, just knowing the train schedule can go a long way.

Europe is not the Caribbean.

If the roll call is slow, then you can take the lead, I am sure that you won't have issues finding others to join your group.

Go to Rick Steves, he will give you good ideas.

Kotor is doable on your own either spend a couple of hours round the old town or take a taxi tour. Loads of drivers at the port, they quoted us €60 for a 3 hour trip. This is the first place in Europe we have seen drivers tout for business in the same way as they do in the Caribbean.

Corfu ok on your own, again taxis at the port if u want a tour or taxi into the old town or walk there taxi back. Or taxi to the beach.

Mykonos town great to look round or go to the bus station at back of the town and buses go all over the island or if you want a beach day then head to paradise beach bus 1.8€

I wouldn't just show up, but there are many private tour and DIY opportunities if you take the time to do the research. Many can be arranged from home. In addition to some of the suggestions above, a simple search on the port name plus "shore excursions" will give you lots of ideas.

Zadar is a beautiful town but quite a way from the unattractive port. Royal do run a shuttle at $12 pp.

Mykonos, you are either tendered in or can catch a water taxi for a few Euros each from the out of town dock.

Kotor, there are dozens of taxi drivers on the tender dock touting for business or a HoHo or just wander around the beautiful walled town.