Door signs

Jarvijt

We have put up the Cruise Critic door sign since 2003 on RCCL< Princess and Celebrity. Last Nov one of the group made flip flop door decorations for everyone in the group.

The Thanksgiving theme was by someone from our Roll Call.

1599075685_doorsign.jpg.cf260386591f87dd607c3af33dc8d565.jpg

door2.jpg.adf48317b9db42d1aa85d768b897e5db.jpg

1801138349_door1.jpg.cce0425bbe1a0c32301b78307db27775.jpg

We put a sign on our door. We got a small magnetic car door sign made several cruises ago and bring it out each new cruise. The magnetic sign was made by Vistaprint and cost just a few dollars

We do the same thing - and have done so for each cruise we have taken. Overheard neighbors liking that we did so as it made it easier for them to find their cabin. ;)

Occasionally people in a roll call will put together a "cabin crawl" during one of the sea days. Then they'll hang something on their door to help people find their cabin. Others will do it just because they enjoy it. :)

I have been on two cabin crawls, one of which I organized. It is fun and it is nice to see what some of the other cabins look like.

Some people decide to provide snacks and drinks (non-alcoholic).

I am American and find it super tacky.

To me it feels like people never moved beyond their college days and refuse to admit they have grown up. (Of course, they may still be in college...in which case from my interpretation there are other cruise lines which might fit them better...)

If people are so worried about finding their cabin, take a picture of the door with the number on it and maybe the stairwell landing closest to it.

Why people think others want to see their crap baffles me.

Nobody puts up door signs in hotels; why would you do it on a ship?

Some people complain on here X is going down market; perhaps door signs are an indication those people are right and as a consequence the clientele is going downmarket and becoming carnivalesque.

The Cruise Critic door signs are the worst as they send an implicit message "I'm on Cruise Critic so I'm special and if you don't take great care of me, I'll write about it online". Nasty.

I am American and I find door signs to be fun and interesting, especially if commemorating a birthday, anniversary, or family/group vacation. :)

I find people who judge others to be very tacky. To me it feels like some people are absolutely convinced they more refined, cultured, and enlightened than anyone else. To me it feels like those people never moved beyond their insecurity about their who-they-were high school days, and must denigrate others who would stoop to such outrageous behavior like putting a sign on their cabin door.

(Of course, psychologically they may still be in high school...in which case from my interpretation there are other cruise lines which might fit them better...)

Why people think that others want to hear their sniveling complaints about what others do completely baffles me. :rolleyes:

If people are so worried about other peoples' cabin door signs, they could just look at their own cabin door.

The Cruise Critic door signs are the absolute best as they send an implicit message "I'm on Cruise Critic so I'm interested in meeting, and sharing my love for cruising, with others! WONDERFUL! :D

Identical words from different points of view... isn't that just simply amazing?!?

Edited by teecee60

If traveling during a holiday, i've put Holiday decorations on my door. Example St Patrick's day I bought things to put on the door.

We usually have a cabin crawl and I make signs for the 7 cabins so when walking down the halls we can identify our rooms easily.

It's harmless fun.

Charlie

Never saw any doors decorated on Cunard or P&O but I'll be on a celebrity ship at thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to people walking around with turkeys on their heads.

who knows..You might bump into Mr. Bean!

Never saw any doors decorated on Cunard or P&O but I'll be on a celebrity ship at thanksgiving so I'm looking forward to people walking around with turkeys on their heads.

Now does that make you feel better or superior? What a shame the need to comment in such an uppity fashion. Maybe Celebrity is not the class of passengers you should be around.:( Sad comment, very sad.

I am American and I find door signs to be fun and interesting, especially if commemorating a birthday, anniversary, or family/group vacation. :)

I find people who judge others to be very tacky. To me it feels like some people are absolutely convinced they more refined, cultured, and enlightened than anyone else. To me it feels like those people never moved beyond their insecurity about their who-they-were high school days, and must denigrate others who would stoop to such outrageous behavior like putting a sign on their cabin door.

(Of course, psychologically they may still be in high school...in which case from my interpretation there are other cruise lines which might fit them better...)

Why people think that others want to hear their sniveling complaints about what others do completely baffles me. :rolleyes:

If people are so worried about other peoples' cabin door signs, they could just look at their own cabin door.

The Cruise Critic door signs are the absolute best as they send an implicit message "I'm on Cruise Critic so I'm interested in meeting, and sharing my love for cruising, with others! WONDERFUL! :D

Identical words from different points of view... isn't that just simply amazing?!?

While I find many of your posts a little goofy this one is quite good.

I realized on the cruise I just got off of while watching some other people that I had forgotten how to have fun. I believe some of the posters here are suffering from the same issue.

...I realized on the cruise I just got off of while watching some other people that I had forgotten how to have fun. I believe some of the posters here are suffering from the same issue.
But different people have different ideas of what "fun" is.

My two cents worth: if decorating your door is something you enjoy doing, then do it, and if you don't, then don't.

There are much more important things to argue about, like which way the toilet paper roll should go. ;)

We've did signs on doors on past cruises. To celebrate a birthday or anniversary or what ever. It really does make it easy to find your room after a trip to Martini Bar each night. To each his own. You don't like signs don't puttem on your door and don't look at mine.

We don't paste the whole door full of gaudy stuff. Pretty tastefully done I must say. People are quick to judge. It's like people who decorate their house for X as. Some do nothing, some do a little and then their are the Grisswalds...

Happy Sailing!!

We've never done the door thing and never will. My daughter' date=' however, decorates their door every time they take a Disney cruise. She said almost everyone on Disney does them. It's more a Disney "thing".[/quote']

Wow, for a minute I thought I was on a Holland America forum with a bunch of crabby old people in their 80's. :confused: I love door signs, the halls are boring otherwise just a long, long row of doors.

I am not a big fan of Disney just to many kids on board but I will tell you that the passengers have more class, are the best dressed, best manors, have more fun than any other cruise line we have been on - so if they do it its not tacky but classy. And its much more expensive than a Celebrity Cruise for you snobs.

Below is my CC door sign.

Edited by southernbreezes
add

I always door decorate, it makes me happy. A good part of the fun of planning a cruise is the anticipation leading up to it and planning the decorations are part of the fun for me.

We were on Millennium for our Alaska cruise and had a deck 11 cabin right on the aft - I had a custom poster made and it was there the entire week. A painting with a big ol moose and some mountains along with our names. The room stewards loved it.

We'll be 15 nights in a CS for Panama next year on Infinity - and you bet my cabin door will be decorated. I say do what makes you happy and if you don't like it - don't look. :p

This is an interesting thread after cruising many times and having seen all sorts of door signs! I'm an equal opportunity person and this is the perfect opportunity for the saying: Whatever floats your boat! :D

Now does that make you feel better or superior? What a shame the need to comment in such an uppity fashion. Maybe Celebrity is not the class of passengers you should be around.:( Sad comment, very sad.

You obviously haven't seen Friends and don't have a sense of humour. It was meant as a joke. [emoji849]

The day will come when someone will go too far with a door sign that some might find to be offensive, fall off the door and another passenger trips on the debris, or does damage to the door. At that point, Celebrity will ban door signs and the matter will be settled, for better or worse.

Oh my. Looks like I've opened a can of worms.

I shall look out for door signs when we cruise in August as I've not had the pleasure of seeing them.

A bit like whales off the coat of Madeira I guess.

Happy cruising everyone - with or without a door sign!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were given one by SIL and BIL and take it on every cruise and on every cruise we are asked where we got it. If this simple item gets your knickers in a knot, you really need a vacation.

Edited by Anubi

My next sign on the doo will be the price I paid.

we had christmas stuff on our door, and we even made a towel dog, put s leash on him, and he stayed all night outd side guarding the signs. if that is not to your liking, maybe a Disney Cruise if for you. lol

Edited by gopro63

I would probably never put up a door sign but will be sure to do it on my next cruise just because it will apparently make some people angry. If having to walk by someone's door sign bothers you that much you've got some serious issues.