Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

What they also need is a step above Diamond, getting to be to many.

On 7-8 days there are not so many.

Last year on the Glory we were the only ones. On the Dream in May there were only 5 and we were the only two at the Diamond cocktail party.

Only get lots on the longer cruises.

Our last cruise was on a Sunshine Journey Cruise, there were about 30 diamond guest at the Captain's dinner.

I think people are expecting more changes to the Loyalty Program than you will see. There are to be to many gold, platinum and diamond level guest for any big additional perks. :rolleyes::(:rolleyes::(

I don't see it. The Diamonds will need to learn how to share with each other. On many sailings, perhaps most, there are only a few Diamonds. On longer and specialty cruises, there could be more.

What Carnival could do is on any given cruise, is give the Diamonds with the most sea days something extra. But not a new level. Perhaps the same with the other levels.

I still think they should add a higher level than Diamond, say starting at 365 cruise days (one year of cruising).

Personally, I think there should be a level between Platinum and Diamond. 125 days is WAYYYY to many days to advance a level, IMHO. Aside from the private soiree with the Captain, there are not that many additional perks to being Diamond over Platinum to make someone wait an additional 125 days :(

Our last cruise was on a Sunshine Journey Cruise, there were about 30 diamond guest at the Captain's dinner.

I think people are expecting more changes to the Loyalty Program than you will see. There are to be to many gold, platinum and diamond level guest for any big additional perks. :rolleyes::(:rolleyes::(

They do have a tendency to promise a lot and deliver little.:eek::eek:

I love when people say things like "The program can't continue this way, there will be cuts." Well, nothing has happened. Why bargain yourself down to accepting less before it happens? Try bargaining for MORE.

I think it more of a case where say they are going to make improvements and then lots here drop what they want and then are disappointed with the results

When there are actual announcements of new features, additions, changes, there are just press releases without much buildup or fanfare to get people riled up first. News is handled like news.

The game of "We're going to tell you soon when we are going to tell you something" makes no sense to me.

I think it more of a case where say they are going to make improvements and then lots here drop what they want and then are disappointed with the results

Hmm. Last brilliant improvement of loyalty program promised a lot and just took stuff away.

People can speculate on what improvements they like but based on past experience how can we expect much?

You would think after that fiasco they would keep mum on the subject until ready to make the announcement. Would think JH would refuse to talk about it after being made the fool last time.

When there are actual announcements of new features, additions, changes, there are just press releases without much buildup or fanfare to get people riled up first. News is handled like news.

The game of "We're going to tell you soon when we are going to tell you something" makes no sense to me.

It's free advertising, pure and simple. Most other here, see it as he describes it.... News on enhancements.

Hmm. Last brilliant improvement of loyalty program promised a lot and just took stuff away.

People can speculate on what improvements they like but based on past experience how can we expect much?

You would think after that fiasco they would keep mum on the subject until ready to make the announcement. Would think JH would refuse to talk about it after being made the fool last time.

They had to make changes, so they put the best possible spin on it.

after reading a few comments, I have to ask, am I the only one that cruises for the fun of it and not the perks? sure perks are nice, but that's not what keeps me coming back

I don't cruise for perks, but when comparing cruise lines I look at what perks I have available to me and assign them a dollar value. At least if I am trying to compare what line to take and I am looking at a bottom dollar figure I have more data to go on. The free drinks, photos, and internet on RCI are worth something, so I put a dollar value to the bottom line. The 5% discount, two spa sessions, two specialty dinners, free photos, and 2 bottles of champagne on MSC are worth some dollar amount, so I put a value on the bottom line. But I don't set out to choose a cruise based on perks.

after reading a few comments, I have to ask, am I the only one that cruises for the fun of it and not the perks? sure perks are nice, but that's not what keeps me coming back

Bottom line is which offers us the best cruise for the price but when you add in the platinum and now diamond perks that has titled the playing field for us more than once

Not so sure they HAD to make changes but they should have given us something other than earlier cabin availability. Always thought the whole episode made them look foolish.

Lost us for a couple of years, to Royal. Good part was, we did come back as Diamond Plus. We now enjoy both. :)

Bottom line is which offers us the best cruise for the price but when you add in the platinum and now diamond perks that has titled the playing field for us more than once

Right. Levels the field sometimes. Price is still at the helm. Carnival is winning.:)

Some people feel the need to be special...."Look,at me, look at me, I am Diamond, I got a chocolate covered strawberry and a free bag of laundry" :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Some people feel the need to be special...."Look,at me, look at me, I am Diamond, I got a chocolate covered strawberry and a free bag of laundry" :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, if you are Diamond on carnival, and have $1 in your pocket, you can get a coffee at McDonalds. :D:D

I take my family on cruises with carnival mostly because of their price. Could care less on achieving a level or what small benefits it brings. If an airline/cruise line/store/credit card meets your needs, then that should be enough. If you get something else from it great, but not at the cost of the original reason you chose that company. If you continue to sail with carnival just to achieve a status level, imo you will still be sadly disappointed.

Well, if you are Diamond on carnival, and have $1 in your pocket, you can get a coffee at McDonalds. :D:D

and that would be better than any platinum perk, IMO!

The only perks that really matter to me are priority embarkation, so I can get the fun started :D or priority debarkation - unless my flight home is earlyish and I can get out of there when its over.

The perks that cruise ships gives you for being a loyal customer keeps me coming back but it isn't the only reason why I cruise. Take away the perks and it's like taking candy away from a baby. People got all up in arms when certain airlines took away frequent flyer miles. Once a company starts handing out freebies and it's costing them $$$, they do change their program. The consumer will get use to it.

Edited by elliair