4th of July sale?

bsg_19

Let me know what you find out. I didn't ask because just like you, I assumed it was NR but when I read the agreement (I am a bit apprehensive booking with this TA since I have never done it and the 10 Equinox deal is too good that I was checking every single word) I just noticed it was worded differently than other amenities.

I'm getting my car serviced now so I'll call when I get home. Don't worry about the TA, I've done 10-15 cruises with them and they never let me down. Saving several thousands of dollars in savings, versus booking through the cruise line doesn't hurt. All your payments go directly to Celebrity so no worries.

Let me know what you find out. I didn't ask because just like you, I assumed it was NR but when I read the agreement (I am a bit apprehensive booking with this TA since I have never done it and the 10 Equinox deal is too good that I was checking every single word) I just noticed it was worded differently than other amenities.

I called them and was told it was nonrefundable. The pricing is $450 p.p. less than if you booked through Celebrity and if you add the extra $100, per cabin, obc (which is refundable) for booking this week, and that's $1,000 p.p. savings which they say is pretty darn good, which I have to agree.

I called them and was told it was nonrefundable. The pricing is $450 p.p. less than if you booked through Celebrity and if you add the extra $100, per cabin, obc (which is refundable) for booking this week, and that's $1,000 p.p. savings which they say is pretty darn good, which I have to agree.

Yes, i agree that is pretty good. Thanks for checking! Im sure we wont have any issues spending it !

when you get this premium drink perk do you have to pay anything like the gratuity or tax or anything thanks for any info

The gratuity is built into the package price. The only time you pay extra is if the drink you want isn't covered by the drink package. If you have the premium package you just pay the difference in price. If you have the classic package you pay the whole price. I believe the max price covered by the premium package is $13.

OK, so maybe I'm out of the loop ..... but, who is this online agency that everyone is referring to? I know that you can't recommend specific agency's, but how does someone figure this out? Clues as to what to put in my google search engine. I am ready to book a March '17 cruise on Celebrity and want to get the best available deal. I saw the flyer linked in a previous post for the 4th of July Sale. Will all agency's have this offer available or will it be just this mystery online agency? In the past, I have booked my cruises online with a Membership Store that offers Travel Services. For Celebrity Cruises they offer a store gift card(sent about 3 weeks upon return of your cruise) as travel incentive. I would rather receive OBC to use towards specialty dining. Can any help me out?

Thanks! :)

OK, so maybe I'm out of the loop ..... but, who is this online agency that everyone is referring to? I know that you can't recommend specific agency's, but how does someone figure this out? Clues as to what to put in my google search engine. I am ready to book a March '17 cruise on Celebrity and want to get the best available deal. I saw the flyer linked in a previous post for the 4th of July Sale. Will all agency's have this offer available or will it be just this mystery online agency? In the past, I have booked my cruises online with a Membership Store that offers Travel Services. For Celebrity Cruises they offer a store gift card(sent about 3 weeks upon return of your cruise) as travel incentive. I would rather receive OBC to use towards specialty dining. Can any help me out?

Look for the firecracker sale everyone is talking about. This is not an agency I would ever use again, my one experience with them was a continual frustration of poor customer service. But many others like them for the deals they offer.

Lots and lots of wine is. Dessert wines, port, scotch. 25th Anniversary Martini (a personal favourite)

Cruise Junky -- The Port & 25th Anniversary Martini sound especially good - I'm sure they will be worth the additional expense :) This will be the first time we have the premium package & we are looking forward to it!!!

Edited by Von & John

Cruise Junky -- The Port & 25th Anniversary Martini sound especially good - I'm sure they will be worth the additional expense :) This will be the first time we have the premium package & we are looking forward to it!!!

Yes they are :) Tuscan Grille has Amarone by the glass too which is quite a but higher b

disneydiane61, you might want to google travel agency offering firecracker sale. If you do book just be sure you are aware of all the terms and conditions. They charge a cancellation/change fee of $50 pp. I normally prefer handling my own bookings but sometimes the amenities are just too good to pass up.Especially if you are reasonably sure you won't need to cancel. If I rebooked my 2/18/2017 cruise with all 4 amenities my price would be $1300 more than booking a few months ago with Celebrity and only 2 amenities. I can buy my own internet(which I won't) and pay gratuities and still be $800 ahead.

In the past, I have booked my cruises online with a Membership Store that offers Travel Services. For Celebrity Cruises they offer a store gift card(sent about 3 weeks upon return of your cruise) as travel incentive. I would rather receive OBC to use towards specialty dining. Can any help me out?

This change to a store card is a big negative for me! Supposedly, Celebrity decided that the OBC given for cruises booked through this member club was becoming too much of an accounting hassle.

If the card was a generic VISA one, that would be okay with me, but somehow the idea of having $570 (the warehouse OBC for our cruise next month) to spend on bulk t.p., or detergent or whatever, has no appeal. I do hope we are grandfathered in, since we booked this and the following cruise with the perk being OBC from the club.

Time to find a different TA!

disneydiane61, you might want to google travel agency offering firecracker sale. If you do book just be sure you are aware of all the terms and conditions. They charge a cancellation/change fee of $50 pp. I normally prefer handling my own bookings but sometimes the amenities are just too good to pass up.Especially if you are reasonably sure you won't need to cancel. If I rebooked my 2/18/2017 cruise with all 4 amenities my price would be $1300 more than booking a few months ago with Celebrity and only 2 amenities. I can buy my own internet(which I won't) and pay gratuities and still be $800 ahead.

TarTan...toady agree. When I start this thread I had already booked my 2/19/17 cruise through another online TA but after receiving an email about signing up for VIP pricing for the "firecracker" sale I decided to do it what's the harm! Sure enough a few days later the presale started and I was astonished withe the perks my cruise was receiving. Compared the two cruise prices apples to apples and it was $1300 cheaper! First thought too good to be true...buyer beware...ECT. That feeling was reinforced upon called said TA since they run the business as an online fill in your travel forms first company, before acknowledging you as a customer. But once my request was received I was in constant contact with my assigned customer service rep who very responsive and timely with all my requests both vis phone and email.

So all and all very happy cancelling my other cruise TA reservation paying their $100 cancellation fee getting the same Celebrity one category upgrade 2A balcony cabin giving up their $300 OBC and getting firecracker $100 credit leaving me with a savings of $1000. This almost covers our RT overseas airline costs...WhooHoo!!!! and since I was coordinating this with 2 other couples I have received their most appreciated gratitude which I will remind them of through out the cruise!

I don't ever book with the cruise line but I know what you mean about stepping into the unknown with someone you haven't used before. I will say my perks are awesome. We booked just a balcony and we got all 4 perks including the premium package and an extra $100 obc from the agency giving me a total of $400. I just noticed my one category upgrade price wasn't reflected on the invoice and it was fixed within 5 minutes by email. I'm happy so far

As a fellow Vancouverite, can I ask you if you had any qualms about booking with them as a Canadian? Thinking that if anything happens to this online TA we wouldn't have any recourse with BC Consumer Protection as they aren't a Cdn company.

Thanks,

Adrienne

As a fellow Vancouverite, can I ask you if you had any qualms about booking with them as a Canadian? Thinking that if anything happens to this online TA we wouldn't have any recourse with BC Consumer Protection as they aren't a Cdn company.

Thanks,

Adrienne

I've used a US agent for years and never even given it a thought The cruiseline has my money, not the agency

I've used a US agent for years and never even given it a thought The cruiseline has my money, not the agency

True enough. And it looks like they've been established for a number of years. Hate to do this to my long-time TA, but it's a savings of USD $1100 for a 12-day cruise.

Edited by avcruz

True enough. And it looks like they've been established for a number of years. Hate to do this to my long-time TA, but it's a savings of USD $1100 for a 12-day cruise.

I know. You hate to cut your agent out but that's a lot of money !

I booked with this agency earlier in the week. I have used them multiple times in the past and never had any problems with getting promised perks. However, I see that a couple of you have stated that you were able to combine your captain's club one-category upgrade with the perks from the firecracker sale. When I e-mailed the agent I am dealing with, I was told that the upgrade was not combinable with the other promotion.

I booked a 2B, so thought I should get the 2C price (or an upgrade to a 2A, but would prefer to keep the 2B cabin).

Have any others tried to combine the upgrade with the promotion and if so, what was the result?

Thanks.

I booked with this agency earlier in the week. I have used them multiple times in the past and never had any problems with getting promised perks. However, I see that a couple of you have stated that you were able to combine your captain's club one-category upgrade with the perks from the firecracker sale. When I e-mailed the agent I am dealing with, I was told that the upgrade was not combinable with the other promotion.

I booked a 2B, so thought I should get the 2C price (or an upgrade to a 2A, but would prefer to keep the 2B cabin).

Have any others tried to combine the upgrade with the promotion and if so, what was the result?

Thanks.

I have never had any luck getting that upgrade but I assumed it was because their rates are often exclusive and much cheaper than Celebrity's current fares.

Thanks,

Adrienne

I've used them several times. My worst complaint is contacting them. Usually you have to leave a phone message or email and they will get back to you. Sometimes it's quick, other times it isn't. Plus there is a 3 hr time difference. I was glad to see them open on Saturday as they used to be closed all weekend. I lost out on a weekend fare drop because of it. Now, if I see a drop I will put the cabin on hold on Celebrity's site and hopefully it would be honoured once they open. Cabin changes, etc have all been done efficiently through email. It also appears they may soon be booking in CDN$ as well but with Celebrity's exchange so high right now, I do better with USD bookings.

We really want to do the 9 night cruise out of Venice on the Connie next August but it's at $2600 USD for a balcony stateroom right now. Is that not a pretty steep price for a 9 night cruise? I guess it is still over a year away so there's still time for the price to come down but it seems like a lot at the moment.

For fellow Canadians there is also an Canadian travel agency selling 2016 European itineraries at par plus some are still eligible for the 2 perks. TAs excluded. That's a 35-40% cruise plus savings! My current cruise in October has over doubled so not much benefit to me.

Thanks.

I got mine combined. My price was the same as Celebrity's though, so maybe that's the difference.