Eclipsing Northern Europe by cruise : Basic black , and Baltic blues

scubacruiserx2

Great that you saw a manatee, that would have been exciting. I would imagine that it is a rare sighting, especially at a popular beach.:D

We usually see them in the Winter near the warm water discharges of power plants , but they also have a Manatee observation center not far away . I think they feed and care for them year round there .

http://www.manateecenter.com/

This one had been struck by a boat in the past and healed . I wish that I had brought my underwater camera with me !

Our favorite beach is Ft. Pierce for surfing , sunning and skimming . And Pat favors the fresh water showers . And just a little later , while snorkeling with Timothy , we saw a Manatee !! :) :D

DSC06852_zpshfv2miom.jpg

Ah...Ft Pierce beaches are great...I think they wind up getting all the sand that washes out at Vero, 10-12 miles north!!:)

I just love Manatees such wonderful peaceful creatures...

Ah...Ft Pierce beaches are great...I think they wind up getting all the sand that washes out at Vero, 10-12 miles north!!:)

We have wondered what happened to that sand , and now we know !! :) :D

I just love Manatees such wonderful peaceful creatures...

And comforting too !!! :cool:

ca4ec66f-2695-4307-88b9-7bf85054ac97_zps5qlhcsxl.jpg

The Isle of Man may best be known for the tt or the Tourist Trophy motorcycle race .

The International Isle of Man TT (Tourist Trophy) Race [3] is a motorcycle sport event held annually on the Isle of Man in May or June of each year since the inaugural race in 1907.

wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

IMG_3603_zpsoz6thjc5.jpg

IMG_3619%20Stitch-001_zpswhmq48y0.jpg

The elevated view

IMG_3615_zps3lgtwb1a.jpg

This dragon was lurking in the park behind the elevated view

IMG_3611_zpsznbvrajc.jpg

The front of our hotel , but we didn't see Vlad the Piper !

IMG_3625_zpssjnwnn40.jpg

The IOM Pound

b371fc8c-7161-4062-a2e3-261543beb54f_zpsb9gqlkpk.jpg

20c00aca-5aea-4619-b007-c3d3e336dbc2_zpsyy0nyyoj.jpg

Yes Granddad , we think you have arrived . :cool:

Philippa was over last night (with her parents), she is now 4 months and has just beautiful smiles for her Pappy, I took her flying (around the house) as she loves gliding around kicking her legs behind her as if she is Astro boy.

Philippa was over last night (with her parents), she is now 4 months and has just beautiful smiles for her Pappy, I took her flying (around the house) as she loves gliding around kicking her legs behind her as if she is Astro boy.

I love it , enjoy Mic and Rosie !! :) :D

A nice buffet breakfast was included in our stay and afterwards the weather had cleared . Time for a few photos before meeting Karen and Ron .

IMG_3662%20Stitch-001_zpsgtbxdmzt.jpg

IMG_3630%20Stitch-001_zpsus8tm7pu.jpg

The Douglas Bay Horse Tramway

IMG_3660_zpscyblhgsx.jpg

IMG_3649_zpsiytt3glz.jpg

IMG_3637_zpszus2mvsh.jpg

I had heard in a video that the Bee Gees were born in the IOM , and here they are singing Ellan Vannin (unofficial anthem of Isle of Man ) .

It seems like their lives were just filled with TRAGEDY. in stead of STAYIN' ALIVE in MASSACHUSETTS, they HOLIDAY at ISLANDS IN THE STREAM, where they SHOULD BE DANCING but get a NIGHT FEVER. Now Barry is all ALONE thinking about TOO MUCH HEAVEN by STILL WATERS.

That would be a great position to watch the water shows.

Our thoughts exactly! It should be a great balcony for people watching, not so great for naps.

That sounds like a great cabin and view . Enjoy , and take lots of photos and videos !! :) :D

I'm sure I will have a lot of pictures, probably not a lot of videos. My skill as a videographer is very limited. I am also very slow at processing the pictures once I get home. I'm still working on the ones from our Freedom cruise this past spring. I'm hoping to get them done before our Oasis cruise. I may just make it, but no guarantees! Joe, I don't know how you do yours so well and so quickly. I lose focus at about 50 pictures.

I loved the Bee Gees video and article! :D Not only to you share great pictures, but great information, too!

It seems like their lives were just filled with TRAGEDY. in stead of STAYIN' ALIVE in MASSACHUSETTS, they HOLIDAY at ISLANDS IN THE STREAM, where they SHOULD BE DANCING but get a NIGHT FEVER. Now Barry is all ALONE thinking about TOO MUCH HEAVEN by STILL WATERS.

Good one Mic !! :) :D

Very cool!!! Sculpture is my favorite art form!!!

I liked it and I'm glad that you liked it too . On the plaque at the base it said that it was named after , and dedicated to a lady who had battled cancer for a long time .

I have a upper GI endoscopy scheduled for this morning for some chest pressure which I've been experiencing . It was cancelled because of Matthew last week , and we hope to find out today what's going on . I hope to share our next stop on the IOM , the Laxey water wheel , later on but .... we'll see !

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I have a upper GI endoscopy scheduled for this morning for some chest pressure which I've been experiencing . It was cancelled because of Matthew last week , and we hope to find out today what's going on . I hope to share our next stop on the IOM , the Laxey water wheel , later on but .... we'll see !

Hope all goes well with the procedure.:D

Oh...I hope all goes well, sending thoughts and prayers your way...

Thanks Mic and Gracie . The nap is over and I can eat and drink now ( but not alcohol ) . EGD showed gastritis and 2 biopsies and they even gave me a couple of cool photos , which I won't be sharing . I do hope to finish the review before this time next week when we should be in Mexico , so let's get busy. :cool:

Our thoughts exactly! It should be a great balcony for people watching, not so great for naps.

I'm sure I will have a lot of pictures, probably not a lot of videos. My skill as a videographer is very limited. I am also very slow at processing the pictures once I get home. I'm still working on the ones from our Freedom cruise this past spring. I'm hoping to get them done before our Oasis cruise. I may just make it, but no guarantees! Joe, I don't know how you do yours so well and so quickly. I lose focus at about 50 pictures.

I loved the Bee Gees video and article! :D Not only to you share great pictures, but great information, too!

That's a great thing about digital storage , it's not like film or photos that will fade . You can come back and edit when you feel like it . If we ever cruise together , I 'll show you how I edit if you like .

The Bee Gees were a great group and we had just taken a patient to the same hospital where Maurice later that day , passed away . It was truly a sad day . :(

The Laxey Wheel water-powered wheel was used to pump out the mines since the Isle of Man does not have a supply of coal for a steam-powered pump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laxey_Wheel

IMG_3666_zpsuqmgev8u.jpg

IMG_3667_zpsoesamv6v.jpg

IMG_366920Stitch-001_zpss1abo8wl.jpg

It has been working for over 150 years and is reputed to be the largest water wheel in the world .

IMG_3672_zpsvsyd8t39.jpg

IMG_3677_zpsn8fuykcv.jpg

The aqueduct leads to the mine

IMG_3682_zpskuelhxks.jpg

Here's a video clip of it at work :

Thanks Mic and Gracie . The nap is over and I can eat and drink now ( but not alcohol ) . EGD showed gastritis and 2 biopsies and they even gave me a couple of cool photos , which I won't be sharing . I do hope to finish the review before this time next week when we should be in Mexico , so let's get busy. :cool:

thanks for not sharing those ones and glad it worked out well, they can now treat the cause.

Gastritis isn't fun, I hope biopsies all come out ok.....thinking of you and sending prayers...... we needs LOTS more of your wonderful reviews!!:)