Eclipsing Northern Europe by cruise : Basic black , and Baltic blues

scubacruiserx2

thanks for not sharing those ones and glad it worked out well, they can now treat the cause.

They gave me some medicine , but the it's the second part that's the challenge .

Hope you get your health issues sorted Joe.

They did , but the lifestyle changes is what no cruiser wants to hear , lose weight and avoid alcohol ! :(

Absolutely!!!! LOTS more cruises!!:D

Best wishes on your upcoming cruise !! We would have loved to do it . A different ship ( for us ) and 5 new ports !! We've heard that Tenerife is one of the most beautiful islands in the world . :) :D

But we have a function on November 1 , which we had to miss last year , and Pat and I haven't dove together in a long time . And so when another group of friends wanted to meet , and dive in Cozumel , we could do both . Tough choice , diving and staying with friends in Cozumel , or a TA with friends . ;)

Ultimately it came down to not missing the function 2 years in a row . ;)

It's quite noisy under the wheel :

IMG_3686_zpsj0p6wdyv.jpg

At one time it employed 600 miners . This is the original entrance to the mine .

IMG_3701_zpse4jyonur.jpg

It's quite damp inside

IMG_3697_zpsxlauisii.jpg

No one else wanted to climb to the top and so I didn't go .

6b0cb90a-4a69-4a96-9b56-b629b7d6832a_zps6kbo9icg.jpg

As we were leaving a group of school children about Tyler's age arrived .

IMG_3723_zpssuwszhnf.jpg

Best wishes on your upcoming cruise !! We would have loved to do it . A different ship ( for us ) and 5 new ports !! We've heard that Tenerife is one of the most beautiful islands in the world . :) :D

But we have a function on November 1 , which we had to miss last year , and Pat and I haven't dove together in a long time . And so when another group of friends wanted to meet , and dive in Cozumel , we could do both . Tough choice , diving and staying with friends in Cozumel , or a TA with friends . ;)

Ultimately it came down to not missing the function 2 years in a row . ;)

I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Cozumel between diving and being with friends! Sorry you can't join us for this trip though.

We stopped at Tenerife on the Reflection Eastbound TA last spring, it is INDEED beautiful, we really enjoyed the day there. I think I could spend a whole vacation on that island. Wonderful story, when we left Tenerife and were about a half hour from shore we were sitting on our balcony and I noticed a dolphin swimming right next to the boat and then suddenly we noticed HUNDREDS of them swimming right next to the ship. It was so cool and I was so taken by it I forgot to grab my camera. They swam with us for a couple of minutes. It was a great end to the day!! :)

We are 8 sleeps away from flying to Barcelona and after the craziness of the last week with Hurr Matthew I just can't wait..... hopefully we'll all be on the same boat in the near future!!! :)

I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Cozumel between diving and being with friends! Sorry you can't join us for this trip though.

We stopped at Tenerife on the Reflection Eastbound TA last spring, it is INDEED beautiful, we really enjoyed the day there. I think I could spend a whole vacation on that island. Wonderful story, when we left Tenerife and were about a half hour from shore we were sitting on our balcony and I noticed a dolphin swimming right next to the boat and then suddenly we noticed HUNDREDS of them swimming right next to the ship. It was so cool and I was so taken by it I forgot to grab my camera. They swam with us for a couple of minutes. It was a great end to the day!! :)

We are 8 sleeps away from flying to Barcelona and after the craziness of the last week with Hurr Matthew I just can't wait..... hopefully we'll all be on the same boat in the near future!!! :)

OMG how cool is a pod of dolphins !!! :cool:

There's never a camera around when you need one . :) :D

They gave me some medicine , but the it's the second part that's the challenge .

They did , but the lifestyle changes is what no cruiser wants to hear , lose weight and avoid alcohol ! :(

I wish you didn't have diet but it is not just advice for cruisers. I tend to live two lives, one is the cruising life of overindulgence of food and alcohol and the other is not (so that I can when cruising).

How wonderful, Bon voyage and watch yourselves in Barcelona.:D

I wish you didn't have diet but it is not just advice for cruisers. I tend to live two lives, one is the cruising life of overindulgence of food and alcohol and the other is not (so that I can when cruising).

Because we enjoy the cruising style , I've tended to bring it home . ;)

A pano from the pier . The brown building to the right is the next stop .

IMG_374820Stitch-001_zpspxb6viis.jpg

I cut off the sign which said The Laxey Ice Cream Company . The ice cream was great and the company and view was wonderful !

IMG_3743_zpslta9s4yb.jpg

We did have a quick visit to Karen and Ron's house . And soon we were back where we began .

IMG_3755_zpsbddlfimh.jpg

IMG_3758_zpsmkx0fbp3.jpg

The Triskelion symbol appears in many early cultures, the first in Malta (4400–3600 BC) and in the astronomical calendar at the famous megalithic tomb of Newgrange in Ireland built around 3200 BC .

wikipedia

The lower legs on the one have a strange , anthropomorphic look .

IMG_3757_zpsam6xluyi.jpg

Our carriage awaits for our return to London .

IMG_3759_zps4mgl0os5.jpg

It's a Saab 2000 with only 1 seat on each side of the aisle and a meal served on the 1 hour flight . I didn't take any photos but I did find a video which will give you the feel of the flight :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reZ1dhU7FQE

I cut off the sign which said The Laxey Ice Cream Company . The ice cream was great and the company and view was wonderful !

IMG_3743_zpslta9s4yb.jpg

The lower legs on the one have a strange , anthropomorphic look .

IMG_3757_zpsam6xluyi.jpg

Anything called "the ice cream company" is OKAY by me!!:D And another cool piece of sculpture!!!

When I couldn't drink hard liquor anymore I switched to wine....it is easier on the body....just a suggestion.....nothing better than sitting on the balcony sipping a glass of it before dinner.....:)

That's a great thing about digital storage , it's not like film or photos that will fade . You can come back and edit when you feel like it . If we ever cruise together , I 'll show you how I edit if you like .

The Bee Gees were a great group and we had just taken a patient to the same hospital where Maurice later that day , passed away . It was truly a sad day . :(

I would definitely take you up on that offer of an editing tutorial. Mostly what I do now is crop to fix my bad aim, straighten for the same reason, and adjust brightness .

Glad your endoscopy went well. Hope the biopsies come back clean. Also hope you're OK to go diving in Cozumel since I know both you and Pat are really looking forward to diving together again.

Anything called "the ice cream company" is OKAY by me!!:D And another cool piece of sculpture!!!

When I couldn't drink hard liquor anymore I switched to wine....it is easier on the body....just a suggestion.....nothing better than sitting on the balcony sipping a glass of it before dinner.....:)

I'm not sure why but is seems that many of the cooler climates like ice cream and it seems to taste richer ! :) Our Russian teacher was from Siberia , and see loved it . Her American husband told us that he had to teach her how to eat it in Florida since she wasn't used to it melting !! :eek:

I usually have a glass of wine with dinner , but if I have a spicy snack - I like a Margarita ! I probably need to cut back there but it's going to be tough in Mexico where I need relief from my sunburn , and the spicy food !! :cool:

I usually have a glass of wine with dinner , but if I have a spicy snack - I like a Margarita ! I probably need to cut back there but it's going to be tough in Mexico where I need relief from my sunburn , and the spicy food !! :cool:

O'Doull's beers perhaps.:p

Not sure when you are headed to Cozumel..we leave Sunday for Barcelona. Hope you have a wonderful time.......enjoy the spicy food.......hope the gastritis symptoms are under control by then so you can enjoy the Margaritas too!!!:D

We had 2 full days to tour London so I began with an early walk while P&T slept .

IMG_3789_zpsgrctjyla.jpg

It was cool , clear and bright and there was a lot of Election Day ( Brexit ) activity . It seemed like the World's eyes and cameras we trained on London . This one is from RT ( Russia Today ) .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit

IMG_3790_zps1rlaffhn.jpg

CNBC

IMG_3793_zpsfosflxmn.jpg

I think the white tented area is media also

IMG_3800_zpsbmmx7c7z.jpg

It was nearing the 7 AM hour and I think they were ready to broadcast

IMG_3817_zps1p9kn9v7.jpg

IMG_3821_zpsluz0msd6.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

After crossing the bridge I continued along the south bank of the river

IMG_3831_zpsilgmtp8y.jpg

I stopped at The London Eye for a few photos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Eye

IMG_3839_zpsasrzka1h.jpg

IMG_383520Stitch-001_zpst0vrtmkc.jpg

IMG_3834_zps3xk9ptcp.jpg

It has changed it's name since we took a flight on the British Airways London Eye

Europe09534.jpg

IMG_4335-001_zpsf5e1a201.jpg

So what is it called now in keeping with the Coke theme ?