Fine, I'll Try a Small Ship - Live GRANDEUR Review (July 2, 2016)

9 oz. filet - medium rare

917e2e471086993feb044026956373b3.jpg

Dessert time. Courtney had the cheesecake. I forget the full name of it.

e0a1a392b0839d9aac552f63d9d37e7d.jpg

I had the chocolate dessert with the liquid middle. Once again, I forget the full name.

154cfee86e2c7a16c6f3c151307e97d2.jpg

The late night snacks at Park Cafe. I wish I didn't know about this.

Thank you. This is what I am waiting for. What else do they serve besides pizza?

Nachos, hot dogs, sandwiches, I think Burgers and desserts.

i just wanted to say thank you for all of the info. the title of this thread made me chuckle, as we finally booked a grandeur cruise for next year after many years of "we'd try her, but she's too small". :) freedom class is the smallest royal class we've been on, and we love oasis/allure. but we wanted something local to the d.c. area, and wanted to go to bermuda, so we're giving her a try.

honestly, it makes me feel better to know there are late-night snacks. :p i work afternoons and evenings, so generally sleep from about 3 a.m. to 10 a.m., and grab a midnight snack at about, well, midnight. i was worried that without the cafe promenade, there wouldn't be much around.

your review is giving me some much-needed laughs, as well as making me look forward to our trip.

There was no spot for a team name! We were going to use "No Balcony" as our team name.

On the sheet that we graded, the woman wrote out her first name, last name AND stateroom number! Never seen that before.

That sounds promising!! Hope you get a surprise delivery :D

Just in case anyone was wondering what the depth of the fool is, Sunday's Cruise Compass answered that age-old question.

The Fool Depth is 1.7 meters or 5 feet, 6 inches.

69feb44bc88518863ac3346fd8011e5f.jpg

Thank you! I've been losing sleep about the Fool Depth!

###

The late night snacks at Park Cafe. I wish I didn't know about this.

Nachos, hot dogs, sandwiches, I think Burgers and desserts.

I never saw burgers there in April... A hot dog w/ a little nacho cheese sauce was my go to snack.

We drove from NY to Baltimore in December 2015 to cruise on the Grandeur .It was a fantastic trip.

We loved it so much that we booked the same cabin for a November 2016 cruise .We had the absolutely best Cabin Steward and hopefully we will have him again.

We also had the best CD ever ,the honorable Paul Rudder.

Good Morning & Happy 4th of July Weekend!

I will be traveling July 16th from Long Island to Baltimore with 2 adults (myself & my daughter), 3 teenagers & 2 toddlers (who have to travel in car seats). :eek: Just wondering how long it took you to get from Long Island to Baltimore. What time did you leave Long Island? We have always left from Bayonne so this is a new experience for us. How much did it cost to park at the pier? Thanks for any info you can offer us.

Pam & Jonelle

More money in Mr. Geoff Molson's pocket.

Thanks for taking the time for doing a "Live" from the Grandeur.

Or you could look at it that Yorkvillian is supporting a company that offers good jobs to lots of people, who in turn contribute to their local economies. Much more positive... And true. The same could be said about Corona, except it's part of a monolith controlled by venture capitalists rather than still part of a successful family business that has the good fortune to have been around for hundreds of years.

Sorry to hijack - excellent and funny review!

Honeymooned on Grandeur in 2008. So nice to drive to port as we lived in DC at the time. Thinking seriously about celebrating our 10th anniversary onboard. Best dining room service I've experienced on RCL at the time. Same story for my first cruise on Grandeur 2 years before as well. Looking forward to your review.

Happy belated Canada Day to Andrew and all my Canadian friends. I had planned on doing this last night however the bar had NO Canadian beer! There were plenty of watered-down American beers but no Molson, Labatt's, etc.

40aefee0f951aaf6c7dc2ce7da6c428e.jpg

Cheers Yorkvillain, and Happy 4th of July to you tomorrow

Like everyone else, I'm strapped in for this epic journey...

1 for 1 in trivia. We (Courtney) dominated the competition in "Colors" music trivia. We were rewarded with zipper pulls. Awesome. I only have about 40 of these RCI zipper pulls in their original package back home.

04db51194fa3933b51e893b791ffccb1.jpg

80c07b1c0b631b98b78a048e1aa53fdb.jpg

We won those too on a scavenger hunt on Allure. Glad you gave them a name as I wasn't really sure what they were. Thought maybe they were hair elastics...lol?

So true.

What a bad move changing them on the newer ships. This one is perfect. I like the Freedom and Voyager class Schooner Bars but the Oasis and Quantum class Schooners blow, especially the Oasis class with no windows and the loud water fountain under the Rising Tide Bar.

It's as though the Schooner Bar was an afterthought, like the had to include it so "let's throw it over here for the heck of it"

I guess since the Ravens used to be the Browns, he should feel right at home in Charm City

Shush! We don't use the R word here. At least the back of that guy's neck won't get sunburned. Maybe he was in town to spit on Art Modell's grave and decided to take a cruise.

I never saw burgers there in April... A hot dog w/ a little nacho cheese sauce was my go to snack.

You may be right. There may not have been burgers there. I did a quick drive-by, snapped a couple of quick photos and then kept on moving while the people in line were looking at me like I was a lunatic.

They did have a burger and hot dog station set up right next to the Park Cafe right after the muster drill.

It's as though the Schooner Bar was an afterthought, like the had to include it so "let's throw it over here for the heck of it"

I've only emailed Adam Goldstein once ever and it was about the Schooner Bar on the Oasis class. It wasn't a complaint, just a suggestion.

I said something like "Have you ever considered using the virtual balcony technology in other parts of the ship that do not have windows? I think it would be a nice upgrade if those fake port hole windows in the Schooner Bar had the live outside video instead".

He replied within a day: "We had not thought of that. That's a great suggestion. Thank you".

Edited by Yorkvillain

I guess since the Ravens used to be the Browns, he should feel right at home in Charm City

Shush! We don't use the R word here. At least the back of that guy's neck won't get sunburned. Maybe he was in town to spit on Art Modell's grave and decided to take a cruise.

Oh boy. I hope I didn't start a Civil War!

I've only emailed Adam Goldstein once ever and it was about the Schooner Bar on the Oasis class. It wasn't a complaint, just a suggestion.

I said something like "Have you ever considered using the virtual balcony technology in other parts of the ship that do not have windows? I think it would be a nice upgrade if those fake port hole windows in the Schooner Bar had the live outside video instead".

He replied within a day: "We had not thought of that. That's a great suggestion. Thank you".

That IS a great idea! That is what we disliked most about Oasis. Can't wait to be on Freedom in a few months and actually look out at the ocean!

You scoping today Yorkie?

Yes. I plan on it. But first I have to go and upgrade my wifi package.

I bought the surf package a month or so ago. I completely forgot that I needed the surf & stream package to periscope. I'm such a dummy.