Interesting offer from Azamara concerning showers in CC suites

bob278

All Staterooms will have either a loveseat or a sofa bed. There are NO chairs designated for the staterooms.

Bonnie, I could swear I saw a chair in Quest's 4012 (a connecting oceanview) when we visited friends in that stateroom.

Bob, think the last line is talking about the staterooms below the CC Suites and not the CC Suites themselves as she did say shower/chair so it does not conflict with the descriptions of the CC Suites.

Aha! That does seem to match my weak recollection of the discussion back in the spring.

Thanks.

Bonnie, I could swear I saw a chair in Quest's 4012 (a connecting oceanview) when we visited friends in that stateroom.

You are probably correct Marinaro44.

I've not seen this firsthand but I recall a footnote saying a connecting stateroom would have a chair to allow for passage between rooms. [The loveseat would block the connecting door.]

Has anyone out there sailed in a connecting balcony stateroom post-reimagination?

I've not seen this firsthand but I recall a footnote saying a connecting stateroom would have a chair to allow for passage between rooms. [The loveseat would block the connecting door.]

Has anyone out there sailed in a connecting balcony stateroom post-reimagination?

In fact, Bonnie, we were in the oceanview that connected to 4012. Strangely, we had a loveseat and not a chair, and it did completely block the connecting door.

And could you also clarify roll in (not walk in) showers in the Deck 6 HP verandah cabins that are now HP suites, Bonnie? We really aren't big on chair versus sofa just that like most who need handicapped cabins that there is room under the desk for a wheelchair and at least one night stand light enough to move so the fulltime wheelchair user can transfer into bed at a reasonable place. Trying to push yourself up beds from the bottom is almost an Olympic event and that is before cocktails!

Sue. :)

In fact, Bonnie, we were in the oceanview that connected to 4012. Strangely, we had a loveseat and not a chair, and it did completely block the connecting door.

I might be wrong because I haven't actually seen one, but have a feeling that the chair converts to a bed so if you have a connecting cabin that shows a convertible sofa bed then you'll have that chair and if not you'll have a love seat like you had (that blocks the connecting door). I think it's the same for the connecting balcony cabins.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I might chime in here. I can assure you that CC 8066 and 8045 on the Quest had a single chair and a shower only on our April / May sailings straight after dry dock. 8066 had the better bathroom as it had a deeper bathroom shelf into the wall. I believe that there are 6 of the same onboard which are around 'bulkheads'. Hope that helps.

I can say I am so disappointed with the bathroom configuration as a whole and it is very unusual for us to complain. We appreciate the fact the we are fortunate to cruise, let alone in suites. That being said, we are booked in a CC suite for 14 days on Quest and the bathroom is going to be a PITA. We are just off silhouette in a celebrity suite and it was the worst cabin configuration we have ever experienced. One huge problem is that the raised sink bowls leaving absolutely no vanity space. The same vanities are now in the CC suites on Azamara as well. This is a suite on a cruise ship with a tiny bathroom, not a suite at the Four Seasons with plenty of square footage, why eliminate all the vanity space. Last time we were in a CC suite, it was so nice having counter space in the bathroom. On Celebrity, it was a nightmare with a prescription bottle falling in the toilet. Oceania has it right with cabin configuration. RC dropped the ball on their new designs company wide.

I am not sure if it helps you but there are four good shelves in the bathroom. If you do not need items right beside the sink it is ideal. I like a lot of things "near to hand" and had no problems in the cc suite on the transatlantic cruise.

I am not sure if it helps you but there are four good shelves in the bathroom. If you do not need items right beside the sink it is ideal. I like a lot of things "near to hand" and had no problems in the cc suite on the transatlantic cruise.

I'd much rather have my toiletries on shelves away from the countertop. At home they're in the medicine chest to the side and over the countertop. I want nothing on the countertop except soap. Otherwise it's just in the way. I take what I need (e.g., shaver, comb, toothbrush, pills, etc.) off the shelf, use it, and put it back when done with it.

I don't understand the problem.

I don't think they all have four shelves, at least ours didn't. We had three very small shelves next to the toilet in our Quest CC cabin. They were only 2 1/2 inches deep, not even deep enough to handle the cotton ball holder. I think that some of the suites have plumbing right behind the toilets (so every other?) and they couldn't recess the shelves behind the toilet. In either case, that feels a little too close to the 'blast zone' for me to want a toothbrush or eye creams sitting there. :D

We also had a tub/shower combination (N1, port side) with a chair, not a love seat. Maybe that's just on Journey that they did a tub/love seat combo?

Sorry for the sideways pic - it's going the right way on my desktop!

IMG_0136.jpg.8704f6b8e1557eca177ffd93612d689d.jpg

Edited by amyr

I don't think they all have four shelves, at least ours didn't. We had three very small shelves next to the toilet in our Quest CC cabin. They were only 2 1/2 inches deep, not even deep enough to handle the cotton ball holder. I think that some of the suites have plumbing right behind the toilets (so every other?) and they couldn't recess the shelves behind the toilet. In either case, that feels a little too close to the 'blast zone' for me to want a toothbrush or eye creams sitting there. :D

We also had a tub/shower combination (N1, port side) with a chair, not a love seat. Maybe that's just on Journey that they did a tub/love seat combo?

Sorry for the sideways pic - it's going the right way on my desktop!

I am not too excited about storing my toiletries above the toilet either. Too much opportunity for dropping something in the bowl in rough seas. Also not sanitary in my opinion. Princess has shelves above the sink, HAL cabinets, and X had drawers and cabinets galore. Looks like Azamara went with style over function. Maybe they will consider addining a small end table between the sink and the wall for storage.

I am not too excited about storing my toiletries above the toilet either. Too much opportunity for dropping something in the bowl in rough seas. Also not sanitary in my opinion. Princess has shelves above the sink, HAL cabinets, and X had drawers and cabinets galore. Looks like Azamara went with style over function. Maybe they will consider addining a small end table between the sink and the wall for storage.

they wasted a lot of space in that bathroom. if that style ...

I am just back from Journey. We had 4009, connecting cabin with a chair. Have to say I much prefer the sofa so will take that into consideration in future and make sure I don't book a connecting cabin.

Make sure you put the lid down and then there's no issue. ;). Not sanitary? Don't understand. I've just spent a month with the standard size bathroom and have to say I loved it. Shelves were big enough and handy to use. No issues at all. I feel this bathroom thing is being blown out of all proportion.

Phil