Interesting offer from Azamara concerning showers in CC suites

bob278

I wasn't informed what our CC suite has for our August 2016 and February 2018 cruises. I would want a shower and a loveseat, if that combination exists. It's probably too late for 2016, but might be possible, if it exists, for 2018. __________________ Hi Pam, Am on the August cruise with you and have your cabin number from the roll call and according to the updated deck plan, you will have a shower and the large chair since Azamara decided to have pull out sofas in the bath suites and large chair with the shower. Looking forward to meeting you at the Doubletree or on board. Regards,

I am confused.

Are all the suites with even numbers fitted with bath tubs and all the suites with odd numbers walk in showers? (N1 opposite way N2 )

Or is the configuration a bath tub in every other suite.

I have searched and found two different deck plans for the journey as above.

We are on the even side in two N1 cabins. We wanted bath tubs so hope our TA was correct with the 'all even numbered cabins have tubs'

We are not next to each other so a direction to the correct deck plan would help.

We sail in 5 weeks so too late to change I just feel it's better to find out now and then accept what we have than be disappointed on arrival.

Thank you in advance

I am confused.

Are all the suites with even numbers fitted with bath tubs and all the suites with odd numbers walk in showers? (N1 opposite way N2 )

We are on the even side in two N1 cabins. We wanted bath tubs so hope our TA was correct with the 'all even numbered cabins have tubs'

We are not next to each other so a direction to the correct deck plan would help.

We sail in 5 weeks so too late to change I just feel it's better to find out now and then accept what we have than be disappointed on arrival.

Thank you in advance

On this side of the pond, the even N1's and odd N2's have the tub on both ships and that is looking at the pdf as well as on the website itself on the US website. The pdf and the website match so you should be good to go with your tub and neither location show an every other suite unless someone was saying every other due to odd vs even would be every other but, not physically in a row. Think you are good to go with what you want. Have a wonderful cruise.

I am confused.

Thank you in advance

I have looked at many sites and have a pretty high confidence level in the attached deck plan. On the odd side (port), The N1 cabins (8036-8054) have the tub and the N2 cabins (8056-8070) have the showers. On the even side (starboard) it is reversed. The triangle and square symbols are from the Azamara site and indicate tubs and "convertible sofa bed". This agrees with Riocca's experience (and I trust first-hand experience over speculation any say). It also agrees with rallydave's analysis that is obviously thorough.

This same configuration exists on multiple sites I have checked (not all of the 8 - 10 that I checked had it, but most variation are the old plans or totally off-beat). This is also supported in multiple posts on Cruise Critic.

qs-8.jpg

Something doesn't seem quite right with the OP's story. I would be amazed if Azamara is willy-nillly giving OBC to passengers booked in a CC suite just because it has a shower. That makes no sense at all. Azamara does not give "money" away for no reason. Why give something to someone who has not registered a complaint? Heaven knows, there are enough complainers already on cruise ships to keep the staff busy.

As far as Floris's theory about people of "lower" age not having a problem climbing in and out of a tub, that makes no sense, either. People of "lower" age today have little interest in sitting in a tub. They take quick showers and get on with their day.

What is likely happening is the few who insist on a tub who booked before the refit and were unaware that half the tubs were being removed are being surprised by the absence of a tub, and are asking to be moved. Those who would prefer showers but were not aware that half the suites now have beautiful, large walk-in showers don't know what they're missing so don't ask if assigned a room with tub. Those who would prefer a shower and were expecting the old tub who now find themselves in a room with a large shower are surprised and delighted. Those who don't care...well...don't care.

The world is moving from tubs to showers. The Mercure hotel, where we just stayed in London, is in the midst of a refurbishment and tubs are being yanked and replaced with large, tub-sized walk-in showers. The condos where we live were built with tubs and modest-sized showers in the master bath suite. New buyers are yanking out the tubs and enlarging the showers or adding closet space.

As far as having both a tub and a shower in a CC suite on an R-ship...well...there's simply no room for both. It's not going to happen.

You may doubt my "story", but it is a fact-based description of what happened.

The facts:

• My TA called me to inform me that Azamara had called her to ask if we would prefer to move to a cabin with a tub. This was for our Aug 11 cruise on Quest. I do not doubt her word that Azamara initiated the conversation.
  • She then informed the rep that we were on a b2b2b and she was certain that we would want the same cabin on all three cruises.
  • The rep said they would try to get people in other tub cabins to switch with whatever tub cabin we got but could not guarantee anything.
  • My TA called me and gave me our options, which were move on this cruise only, move with the hope of getting the same cabin, or accept $100 OBC (which she assumed was per cabin).
  • Since we were not unhappy (actually, our "perfect cabin" would be a shower with sofabed but that ain't going to happen anytime soon:D) I felt that was way too much trouble for someone to go through.
  • I told her we would stay where we were and accept the OBC with gratitude.
  • Within 2 hours, I had new invoices from Azamara with $100 OBC per person added.

I have no idea why this transpired nor if anyone else has ever been offered the same thing. But I didn't dream it or conjure it up out of the clear blue sky.

Accept it or doubt it. I don't care. It happened as I described and my hope is that someone who is truly upset with not having a tub may benefit from knowing that it happened at least once.

The purpose of my initial post had nothing to do with which configuration is better, why Azamara changed it or how many people like which one better.

I have looked at many sites and have a pretty high confidence level in the attached deck plan. On the odd side (port), The N1 cabins (8036-8054) have the tub and the N2 cabins (8056-8070) have the showers. On the even side (starboard) it is reversed.

Bob

I'm a bit confused on this, the even room numbers are port side and the odd room numbers are starboard side.

Edited by upwarduk

I have looked at many sites and have a pretty high confidence level in the attached deck plan. On the odd side (port), The N1 cabins (8036-8054) have the tub and the N2 cabins (8056-8070) have the showers. On the even side (starboard) it is reversed. [/img]

Bob

I'm a bit confused on this, the even room numbers are port side and the odd room numbers are starboard side.

That's because I don't know my left (port) from my right (starboard) :eek:. It should read:

On the even side (port), The N1 cabins (8036-8054) have the tub and the N2 cabins (8056-8070) have the showers. On the odd side (starboard) it is reversed.

Bob

N1 suites have tubs on port side. N2 suites have tubs on starboard side. On the ships as well as the deck plans.

Bob, I don't doubt what you wrote happened to you. I think it's an anomaly, not a policy, because it makes no sense as described.

N1 suites have tubs on port side. N2 suites have tubs on starboard side. On the ships as well as the deck plans.

Bob, I don't doubt what you wrote happened to you. I think it's an anomaly, not a policy, because it makes no sense as described.

Maybe it was just good work by the TA saying their client would be upset by the lack of a bath tub and Azamara responded with some OBC in order to both placate the customer and avoid having to make any changes?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe it was just good work by the TA saying their client would be upset by the lack of a bath tub and Azamara responded with some OBC in order to both placate the customer and avoid having to make any changes.

Interesting thought. There has to be some other wrinkle that neither Bob nor we know about.

Interesting thought. There has to be some other wrinkle that neither Bob nor we know about.

Good possibility. I have reached an age where wrinkles are a part of my daily life. :eek:

And it certainly a possibility that my TA pushed them but the reason they called her in the first place is a mystery. But it is obvious that the rep who called her had enough authority to offer it so it may not be policy, but it is not unknown.

Whew! We are in CC suite N2 8063 for a 2016 holiday cruise on Journey booked long ago and I had tracked and commented on the whole walk- in shower vs tub (actually it's the usual tub/ shower combo, so its not like you don't get a shower) debate while it was initially being discussed. Felt sure we had a tub after the refurb, but got alarmed by the earlier post, where the map/floorplan was correct, but the poster got port and starboard confused. Anyway, I'm happy to learn that we also get a sofa. :)

My two cents on the issue: we are among those who pay extra for a CC suite so we can have a tub. It's just a must have, for us, to be able to relax in a tub, after a long day walking around, as we will often walk 7+ hours a day when in port.

Some posters may think that big showers and no tubs are the wave of the future and that is what everybody wants, especially young people. I respectfully disagree. My 25 year old daughter and her 28 year old fiance do take quick showers in the morning before work. But in the evening, they often love taking relaxing baths. (And when my daughter was in college, where there weren't tubs available, one of the first things she'd do when she came home, which was fairly often, was to draw a nice bath and then happily loll in it).

We were in Venice May 2015 for 3 days and took a less desirably located room in our hotel because we wanted a tub-- good thing, too, because we walked our legs off in Venice. Then we boarded Seabourn Odyssey, where we had both a separate tub and shower (it was actually cheaper than AZ, albeit a somewhat different itinerary than AZ). This isn't feasible on AZ ships, footprint wise, so we're happy with the tub/shower combo offered by AZ in the CC suites, as in the mornings my husband uses the shower (and then nights we use the tub).

Lastly, as those who followed the initial debate on CC know, there were many besides me, who strongly advocated for keeping some tubs. No tubs is a deal breaker for me. I can imagine that those AZ customers who don't follow CC, who were expecting a tub in their suite, might be very upset to discover they don't have a tub (I sure would be). Whether it's a ship or a hotel, unless it's only a one or two night stay, I won't stay anyplace that can't give me a tub, and as said, I am willing to pay extra for it, if need be. Wishing a Happy Summer to all and a Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans!

In our family it is the young ones who want the bath too.

Although I agree after a long day touring getting in the bath for a soak is highly desirable.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for us but when you are paying for a suite I agree most would expect a bath.

However we haven't seen the new walk in shower. Not sure how we would see one on our August cruise as we couldn't possibly ask people their cabin numbers.

I prefer a shower, but a tub is fine. I do, however, expect a loveseat, not a wing chair. With 5 sea days on an upcoming cruise, I want to be able to lie on the loveseat and read. I booked the cruise 2 years ago and just learned on this board that I will have a wing chair, not a loveseat. Azamara put wing chairs in the rooms that have showers and loveseats in the rooms that have tubs. I think all rooms should have a loveseat.

I prefer a shower, but a tub is fine. I do, however, expect a loveseat, not a wing chair. With 5 sea days on an upcoming cruise, I want to be able to lie on the loveseat and read. I booked the cruise 2 years ago and just learned on this board that I will have a wing chair, not a loveseat. Azamara put wing chairs in the rooms that have showers and loveseats in the rooms that have tubs. I think all rooms should have a loveseat.

We were on the first Journey cruise post refit and we were assured by a senior shoreside Azamara employee that it is in fact mixed although they were unsure what the mix is. Certainly we were in 8061 and had a tub and armchair, so unless things have been changed to make it simplistic it looks like pot luck.

Even if you have a "love seat" (not a term the UK uses) it's small, you won't be able to lie on at.

I loved the wing chair, it was such a comfortable chair if I wanted to read on the transatlantic

We were on the first Journey cruise post refit and we were assured by a senior shoreside Azamara employee that it is in fact mixed although they were unsure what the mix is. Certainly we were in 8061 and had a tub and armchair, so unless things have been changed to make it simplistic it looks like pot luck.

Extremely interesting John, seems Azamara is extremely specific for all of the Club Continental Suites with symbols showing Love Seats in ALL of the suites with tubs. We'll sure be finding out in a few weeks but, hope Bonnie sees your post and gets further clarification from Miami and if the symbols are incorrect, certainly hope they are correct post haste.

Extremely interesting John, seems Azamara is extremely specific for all of the Club Continental Suites with symbols showing Love Seats in ALL of the suites with tubs. We'll sure be finding out in a few weeks but, hope Bonnie sees your post and gets further clarification from Miami and if the symbols are incorrect, certainly hope they are correct post haste.

Of course I am assuming things are still as they were on that cruise and there's no saying Quest is the same as Journey was. Can't see any reason they would start moving furniture around but we agree that the wing chairs are very comfortable.

I'm sure wing chairs are comfortable but there is only one in the cabin. The other person is stuck with that other "office type" chair or the bed :rolleyes:. One of the things I always liked about Azamara was we had a full sofa and a chair with an ottoman. I had ankle surgery years ago and unless I elevate my ankle for a while in the afternoon, it swells. It was such a pleasure to be able to do so in our CC suite. Now I guess I'll have to sit on the bed--something I would rather not have to do.

Garry

In our family it is the young ones who want the bath too.

Although I agree after a long day touring getting in the bath for a soak is highly desirable.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for us but when you are paying for a suite I agree most would expect a bath.

However we haven't seen the new walk in shower. Not sure how we would see one on our August cruise as we couldn't possibly ask people their cabin numbers.

Welsh Family, there are many photos of the walk-in shower available to view, I am sure if you look you'll find one, here on CC -- or probably even on the AZ website. I've seen several photos of the new walk-in showers. Or one of our more tech savvy fellow CC's will post one for you, if you can't find it.

One additional item to note: It took months after both ships were refurbished to get the proper deck plans posted online. So even if you checked, you may have been looking at an incorrect deckplan. It's easy to see how someone could be surprised/disappointed when they board. We like the shower, but prefer a love seat rather than the wing chair.

From my replies back in December 2015...

December 2nd, 2015, 10:38 AM

BBMacLaird:

These suites will have a tub. It will be a tub/shower combination.

Club Continent Category N1: 8036 through 8054.

Club Continent Category N2: 8059 through 8073.

December 2nd, 2015, 10:50 AM

BBMacLaird:

Club Continent Suites with Tub/shower combination will have a Sofa.

Club Continent Suties with Shower Only will have a Chair.

An easy way to remember this is: Tub/Sofa OR Shower/Chair.

All Staterooms will have either a loveseat or a sofa bed. There are NO chairs designated for the staterooms.

Bonnie,

Thank you for the additional clarification.

But I wonder if the last line is still true (I sure hope so). It conflicts with "Tub/Sofa OR Shower/Chair" and there have been multiple posts about wing chairs. Is it possible that the ones from the "sample" staterooms still have them?

Edited by bob278

Bonnie,

Thank you for the additional clarification.

But I wonder if the last line is still true (I sure hope so). It conflicts with "Tub/Sofa OR Shower/Chair" and there have been multiple posts about wing chairs. Is it possible that the ones from the "sample" staterooms still have them?

Bob, think the last line is talking about the staterooms below the CC Suites and not the CC Suites themselves as she did say shower/chair so it does not conflict with the descriptions of the CC Suites.

Edited by rallydave