Which Rule(s)/Practice(s) would you like to see changed on your Carnival Cruise

Why do I have to choose either of those?

Many ships bring on extra workers on turnaround day for maintenance and prep work. Ideally Carnival would as well to accomplish this. I like policy changes that improve my vacation experience, not ones that detract from it.

I see no incentive for them to add more workers to the payroll just so people can go right to their cabins. But I'm sure they might consider it for a nominal increase to our fares. Or they could make your wish come true by simply not starting boarding until the rooms are actually ready at 1:30PM.

But hey, you can ask for whatever you want on this thread. It's all about what we would like to see happen. Not that it actually will.

Two pet peeves I'd like to see changed:

1) When the CD interrupts Pop music trivia with that annoying 20 minute PA run down of every activity planned for the day. If they really need to broadcast what people can read in the Fun Times, couldn't they do it between activities?

2) Telling passengers they should "relax" in the theatre while waiting for their debarkation number to be called. But keep the PA system turned off in the theatre so that nobody will hear their number. The only place I ever hear the debarkation numbers announced is in the stairwell, where we're told not to congregate.... and the lounge where they held Pop music trivia"...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You asked what policy we would like to see changed.

Carnival only needs to bring on more terminal staff to avoid the big crowds.

Most of the things I'd ideally like to see come down to staff levels. I am aware service levels have been cut and you can't do a million things with the current staffing levels. So I guess, ultimately, it would be more staff so that everyone gets better service on their hard earned vacation.

I will ask for the experts to chime in, but I believe at many ports, the people working the screeners and security are not Carnival employees, but rather port of authority employees

Edited by First and Ten

I see no incentive for them to add more workers to the payroll just so people can go right to their cabins. But I'm sure they might consider it for a nominal increase to our fares. Or they could make your wish come true by simply not starting boarding until the rooms are actually ready at 1:30PM.

But hey, you can ask for whatever you want on this thread. It's all about what we would like to see happen. Not that it actually will.

That's right, this is a thread for wishes and wants.

They have no incentive to mandate pants every night in the MDR. They have no incentive to allow only 1 occupant to buy cheers. They have no incentive to let people bring more wine, they have no incentive for....fill in the blank. But I don't work for Carnival. My priority is maximizing my vacation value. I'd prefer to have Carnival provide a service. If not, there is the First and Ten way of giving the steward $10 to let you in early.

I will ask for the experts to chime in, but I believe at many ports, the people working the screeners and security are not Carnival employees, but rather port of authority employees

Security works for the port.

Check in agents work for the cruise line. there has been a reduction in the number of check in agents working on embarkation day. Actually, in some ports the direct employment of check in agents was farmed out to third party vendors. But either way, it is the cruise line that selects the staffing level.

Edited by LMaxwell

I feel as though many of these suggestions would end up costing me more to cruise than what the typical fare would be without the changes. More staff to expedite check in and rooms being ready as soon as a person walks onto the ship would in my opinion be suggestions that would end up costing me more.

Here is one that is more an annoyance and really couldn't be implemented....if you are relatively physically healthy, you can't take an elevator going down for 3 decks or under....going up, it has to be more than 2 decks....STOP BEING LAZY AND USE THE STAIRS FOR SHORT TRIPS!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

Here is one that is more an annoyance and really couldn't be implemented....if you are relatively physically healthy, you can't take an elevator going down for 3 decks or under....going up, it has to be more than 2 decks....STOP BEING LAZY AND USE THE STAIRS FOR SHORT TRIPS!!!!

LOL. How about healthy people but they have a baby stroller?

Unfortunately you can't always look at a person and tell whether or not they are able bodied. For example, my husband has horribly bad knees and stairs make them even more horrible. Then, because he over compensates, there's pressure on his hips, and then pain there as well. Lastly, if he overdoes it doing the stairs, our port experience is not as great as it could be because he's in so much pain. If he can save his knees and hips by taking an elevator, I have more of him for doing some walking in the ports.

Unfortunately you can't always look at a person and tell whether or not they are able bodied. For example, my husband has horribly bad knees and stairs make them even more horrible. Then, because he over compensates, there's pressure on his hips, and then pain there as well. Lastly, if he overdoes it doing the stairs, our port experience is not as great as it could be because he's in so much pain. If he can save his knees and hips by taking an elevator, I have more of him for doing some walking in the ports.

And for your hubby, he should use the elevators whenever he can to save wear and tear....my soapbox vent was directed to the lazyarses

Edited by First and Ten

And for your hubby, he should use the elevators whenever he can to save wear and tear....my soapbox vent was directed to the lazyarses

Thanks. I get that, but you can't always assume a person in an elevator going a few flights or less is lazy. But I don't disagree the ones that should walk, should walk. In fact, there's plenty of times he'll take it, but I'll take the stairs. Sometimes that bugs him though. I like the exercise. :)

LOL. How about healthy people but they have a baby stroller?

Full stroller or one of those lightweight umbrella strollers? Full bulky stroller is elevator worthy....umbrella stroller, one parent up top, one on wheels....get a workout....next question [emoji51]

Edited by First and Ten

For those that don't know this, Carnival Paradise was a 100% non smoking ship. It wasn't making money, so it was changed. Maybe some of you that want a smoke free ship should have been sailing on the Paradise.

I have to go with enforcing rules that are made. If they don't want to enforce them, then get rid of them.

It is not really an issue of want or don't want. It is an issue of something that will happen at some point and we will all have to deal with it. Not every venture is successful on the first implementation so what happened in the past is irrelevant. Bottom line is that at some point in the future, all cruise ships will be 100% non-smoking just as flights are non-smoking now.

Full stroller or one of those lightweight umbrella strollers? Full bulky stroller is elevator worthy....umbrella stroller, one parent up top, one on wheels....get a workout....next question [emoji51]

LOL, I'll be able to spot you from a mile away on a ship with your notepad of violations. :eek::D:D

LOL, I'll be able to spot you from a mile away on a ship with your notepad of violations. :eek::D:D

U give me to much credit. I am not nearly that organized....I just vent and point stuff out

Edited by First and Ten

U give me to much credit. I am not nearly that organized....I just vent and point stuff out

Is spittle involved, or socks and sandals? I need some clues on what I am looking for here. :D

Is spittle involved, or socks and sandals? I need some clues on what I am looking for here. :D

Casual....I am not such a dork that I have implemented the socks and sandals....I rock the sperry flip flops....spittle only when I drink way to much bourbon

Edited by First and Ten

Casual....I am not such a dork that I have implemented the socks and sandals....I rock the sperry flip flops....spittle only when I drink way to much bourbon

Drunk southerner in flip flops standing at elevator vestibules foaming at mouth spilling bourbon trying to pencil in his notepad while wearing sunglasses indoors. Has one sock mysteriously sticking out of pocket. Last shaved two days before embarkation.

Like I said....easy to spot:cool:

Temporarily off topic: mooseman, if you would stack your countdown clocks vertically instead of having them side-by-side horizontally, then all of the posts on here wouldn't be stretched out so wide. It's incredibly annoying to have to scroll back and forth to read these posts.

I re-stacked the countdown clocks to 2 across. Hope that helps?

Never noticed on my 26" monitor, and they stack single file on my cell phone which does not have a large screen.

Seriously:confused: I go on vacation to relax, and I can be lazy if I want to be LAZY :p

With that being said, I walk more while on a cruise (6-8 miles a day) than on an average non cruise day (3-4 miles). Not sure, but I would guess this holds true for quite a few people.

And there's always the safety factor. Fact- I have never fallen down a working elevator shaft, I have tripped going up and down stairs a few times ;)

Edited by mooseman52b

I think they should jack the price of cigarettes on the ship to the same obscene markup that they do with booze. Maybe even more to offset extra cleaning costs. Why should everyone subsidize cleaning up after smokers?

The change I would like is: for Texas departures or others that they think don't allow 1st day CHEERS. To reduce the first day and include everything else that they get with Cheers and offer maybe 10% discount off beverage if have cheers. Also if have cheers the give free drink coupon good for sea day at check in so can use first day. Otherwise the free drink is moot