Carnival Surprises for special occasions

stephlauryn

HI recently I've been reading that Carnival has been gifting surprise gifts for anniversaries and birthdays.ie: special occasions. Has anyone who has travelled recently seen this to still be the case? I am travelling on the Sunshine in 23 days for my birthday and anniversary. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank u in advance.:D

We cruised at the beginning of June and my birthday is mid-June. I got a spa gift certificate (that came to the room AFTER I had spend the afternoon in the spa lol), the wine certificate, and something else that I can't remember off hand. I was very surprised, especially because we did not include that information as a "special" celebration since it wasn't actually my birthday.

HI recently I've been reading that Carnival has been gifting surprise gifts for anniversaries and birthdays.ie: special occasions. Has anyone who has travelled recently seen this to still be the case? I am travelling on the Sunshine in 23 days for my birthday and anniversary. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank u in advance.:D

We celebrated our honeymoon on Glory last January. We received a coupon for bottle of wine + free "small" photo. The waitstaff brought us a heart shaped fudge-like cake with candle & sang "Happy Honeymoon to you, etc.". When we got back to the cabin our steward had written "Happy Honeymoon" at the top of the mirror. That's when we received the coupon for wine + photo coupon.

Very nice gesture.

I celebrated my 65th B-Day on the Magic last November. I don't remember what Carnival gave me.......wait now, I'm scratching my head.......ummm, yeah, I remember now.......nothing.

I wasn't anticipating anything. You know what? I wasn't disappointed either.

They know when your birthday is.

Not necessarily. I got a small square of cake and song in one February cruise. Birthday's not in February. This was on the Paradise when she was here on the West Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on Splendor June 18-June 26, 2016. We received $25 wine card that we used in the dining room. We are not celebrating any birthdays or anniversary during this trip. We thought it was nice. I went to guest service to settle a charge on my bill and thank them for the gift card. The lady said we were randomly chosen.

Not necessarily. I got a small square of cake and song in one February cruise. Birthday's not in February. This was on the Paradise when she was here on the West Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They know when your birthday is because it is part of your identification boarding information off your passport or license. That doesn't mean they are going to initiate a birthday freebie for you.

In May on the Carnival Dream my DS received a Spa Gift Card $50 and Free 6x9 photo coupon for his 22nd birthday which was 2 days before we sailed. DH also received a 6x9 photo coupon "just because". Both were from our Cabin Steward.

We sailed the Sunshine during my DH's Birthday month - it was noted on our booking.

DH received a $50 certificate for the Spa, a coupon for Dinner For 2 at your choice of the Italian or the Asian restaurant, and a coupon for a free 6x9 photo. Our cabin stewardess was a sweetheart and on the day of his birthday she wrote a fancy Happy Birthday on the mirror when she made up the room in the morning. She cleaned it off when she did turn-down.

:D

Edited by summersigh

They know when your birthday is because it is part of your identification boarding information off your passport or license. That doesn't mean they are going to initiate a birthday freebie for you.

There's a place on the booking pages where you can note if you have any special occasions during your cruise month. Our TA noted DH's Birthday. I get the impression that you have to check that for "suprises" to happen - but I could be wrong. :D

We just got back from a cruise on Carnival, and I posted my review ... and to answer the question in short: yes, they did do a really cool surprise!

Here is the link to my thread for the rest of the story:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2375004

Enjoy your cruise, happy birthday & happy anniversary :) !

We just got back from a cruise on Carnival, and I posted my review ... and to answer the question in short: yes, they did do a really cool surprise!

Thank u so much and thank u also for the well wishes. Very appreciated.:D

You guys had a phenomenal review. I really enjoyed reading it, watching your pictures and videos. U r a very nice looking couple and seemed to have had an AMAZING time. I'm so glad this cruise was so worthwhile for u. I can only hope that my family and I also have a truly outstanding vacation experience. I'm sure we will though! :)